Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My First Horse Stuff?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My First Horse Stuff?

One miniature horse that no one can ride but lives in your house like a dog or cat.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You know, they could have saved 'My First Pet' type stuff for a Horse Pack. Want some new items for your cats and dogs? Well at least it's a horse game pack they come with!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Lioness_Lioness_ Posts: 4 New Member
    I hated the open world of TS3 it just made things lag bad, That being said, I'd love horses in TS4 you don't need an open world to have horses, when I had horses in TS3 I had them on my farms and ranches, I did ride them around sometimes but no often, my horses were basically show horses, so I would train a lot, breed, get different coat colors and patterns and trade with fellow simmers as if we were really in the horse business, horses brought the sims community together, don't believe me? go on FB and just look at all the groups and pages and websites dedicated to sims horses, there aren't that many groups/websites/trading regarding any other topic of the sims. People roleplay outside of the game, creating stories and sharing it with other simmers, it connects people. People buy/sell/trade/stud ect with each other, they hold competitions, it really goes beyond just riding them around the world now and then when you feel like it.
    I miss horses, I actually go back and fourth on the idea of installing sims 3 again just so I can get back involved with the sims horse community.

If you don't want horses, there's a really simple solution: Don't buy the pack
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    I would like this it would go great with my sim who's a knight

I wonder if they will make a medieval world? Like that of Dragon Valley but with castles.
    jude72pla wrote: »
    I would like this it would go great with my sim who's a knight

I wonder if they will make a medieval world? Like that of Dragon Valley but with castles.

I would love that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I miss the horses if it weren't for the Vet career I would not have bought Pets Sims 4 at all. I really liked the horses they were one of the coolest things in Sims 3, why I think it was the best Series. Sims could go down to the ocean, swim, Sims in boats that was cool too. Sims 3 had a Day Care job which would be nice in Sims 4 if they would give it to us.
    If Horses were a GP then maybe a pop-up would task the vet to care for a sick or injured horse at the GP stable. There could be a farrier NPC the attends to your horses hooves. Maybe we could get miniature horses to have as pets, like dog and cats, on our lots.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    After the debacle that was My First Pet, they're going to be really leery about a pack that ties too closely into another pack. The "Pet Show" idea is a bit too tied in with C&D to add to a pack with horses.

My theory is that we get a farming/rural pack, and it features a horse ranch lot (especialy now that we have the 64x64 lots) where you board and train your horse rather than having it at home. With the loading screens, riding a horse from home really isn't all that practical, but a horse ranch would have the space to have all sorts of training areas for racing and jumping. Not sure if we'd get a full-fledged Create A Horse but they could have a choice of breeds; one might be better at racing while another better for jumping or tricks.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    A living on the farm pack with horses, chickens, sheep, cows and vicious geese would be great. I've never been a fan of horses personally but I would like more farm animals and this could be a good themed pack. Cows, sheep, geese and chickens giving materials the Sims could use for other things. Geese are also good guard animals.

@SimGuruGraham was tweeting about geese on the EA campus this week.

The Sims 4: Silly Goose SP confirmed. :D
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really loved horses in TS3. Unfortunately, I think they're going to be a waste of time to develop for TS4. Lots and neighborhoods are just too small to warrant bothering with them. A good reason to buy a horse in TS3 was transportation, and now with the closed world/instant transportation in TS4, there's just more reason why they should not bother.

Most of the gameplay horses offered in Sims 3 took place on a lot, so why can’t the same be done in Sims 4? You know horses could be used for something more than just transporation right?

A good portion of the lots in The Sims 4 are extremely small, at least, for me.

If they were to introduce horses in a pack, hopefully it'd be a farm pack which includes plenty of larger lots.
    (
    64x64 and 50x50 would make good sized lots for farms; I have a small farmhouse on a 40x30 in Newcrest which works for gardening but not so much for animals. Maybe an auto-harvester to take care of all the produce and put it in the refrigerator? (With random chance of fails without upgrade.)
    I don't want horses in a Farm pack, I mean, what would they do? They won't pull plows, the devs will probably give us a tractor or that vacuum gun thingy like in S3. To make them like cats and dogs as pets would mean a lot of space being taken up for CAH (Create A Horse) that could go to cool farm stuff. Plus, then they would take up a slot in our households.

In a GP, they could add CAH and a small vacation sized world with lots for a stable and a coral and a jumping arena and a race track. Plus, you could explore the small world on horseback giving you plenty of riding around space. You could own a horse that would require upkeep or just rent one to enjoy a quick canter.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    Horses are the only pets I like keeping in TS3. I actually like having dogs and cats in TS4 (unlike the previous generation), but would love having horses again too. I am forever hoping we will get a Farm/Country themed expansion with horses.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Horses will be a LOT of programming as they are very different to cats and dogs and of course all that animating.

Personally I think if EA had wanted to add more to C&D they should have waited for a horse expansion.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think it would be cool if sims could go riding together and maybe race each other
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I'm satisfied with just cats and dogs for now.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    My First Horse Stuff?

I hope not, my first pets stuff was it seems a cash grab.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    If they add horses they should add it to a Farming game pack.

I honestly can't see how they would be useful in anything else.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ItsSimerellaaaItsSimerellaaa Posts: 9 New Member
    It would just be a waste.
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2018
    There is a poll on Twitter (June 11) in which Grant asks what we would like to see in a Farming pack. Horses are one of the options. I don’t have Twitter and am not sure how to link to the poll, but I thought I would post here in case people are interested. Apparently the poll is only up for a little while. I hope this is okay to post about it here.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    There is a poll on Twitter (June 11) in which Grant asks what we would like to see in a Farming pack. Horses are one of the options. I don’t have Twitter and am not sure how to link to the poll, but I thought I would post here in case people are interested. Apparently the poll is only up for a little while. I hope this is okay to post about it here.

Here it is:https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1006202854829199360

I'm personally not a fan of horses. They don't fit with how I play my game (neither do cats and dogs tbh) and I feel like they're kind of a one time thrill. You have a family with horses once and then you go back to the suburbs or whatever. That's how I think it would be for me, so I'm not quite rooting for them. But for people who do like them, I think theres a lot of potential. Theres a lot of unique takes that ea could take on horses so that ep/gp could be really cool
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Horses were meh in TS3. It should honestly stay TS3-exclusive tbh. I mean keep - some- stuff exclusive.....
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    im not that into horses, but even without open world, sims could still ride them off screen and then show up to your destination... they don’t have to be locked to one lot.

I think it would also help the closed off feel if there was a special “world” you could take your horses to and there would be enough space to ride them around without obstructions.

Just a thought :wink:

ElenPink wrote: »
    If they add horses they should add it to a Farming game pack.

I honestly can't see how they would be useful in anything else.

if they made them like they did in the sims 3 I would have use for them.

Jean wrote: »
    Horses were meh in TS3. It should honestly stay TS3-exclusive tbh. I mean keep - some- stuff exclusive.....

That's nice, you don't like them, so nobody else should have them :#

agree I would like horses in their own pack, not part of a farming pack