Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons got confirmed by EA customer support staff

Comments

• Moon_Simmer92Moon_Simmer92 Posts: 29 Member
    Oh my gosh yessssss!!! <3 <3
    My Favourite Sims Games:1. The Sims 42. The Sims 3 (PC)3. The Sims Medieval4. The Sims 2
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    That sounds like a very unlikely conversation. That person would lose their job if they had told you something like that.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    That sounds like a very unlikely conversation. That person would lose their job if they had told you something like that.

it's all over twitter first shared by

by tomorrow, there will probably be many articles about it.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

My thoughts exactly.

As I said in the other thread, I'm so skeptical because I dont want to get my hopes dashed - this is the pack I've been wanting most off my wish list for this game so I'm going to take all hints from outside official announcements with a grain of salt.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

As I said in the other thread, I'm so skeptical because I dont want to get my hopes dashed - this is the pack I've been wanting most off my wish list for this game so I'm going to take all hints from outside official announcements with a grain of salt.

Exactly. They are also not known for providing accurate information.

I expect Seasons is in the works but I take tech support saying so with a pinch of salt.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Oh no! Someone might lose their job. Oh gosh, I feel bad for them. Hopefully it'll be fine lol. But yah, kinda an unsaid but almost obvious thing that Seasons would be the next expansion. Which is why i'm always telling people on fb to stop asking for it and put new ideas in their head instead :D
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Perhaps they ment if seasons was in the works we would be notified? As I'm assuming they'd probably get in trouble for confirming something we have yet to be told of...

Hopefully no jobs are lost because of this :worried:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    We've had hints galore and it's expected. I hope no one loses their job.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Just because Seasons is being worked on doesn't mean this statement came from the devs themselves.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2018
    Doesn't read official.

Plus Seasons is pretty much an open secret with all the in-game hints. Same happened with pets.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well what do you know?
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, no. It sounds like EA isn't properly training their reps.

A second rep commented that upon checking, it is releasing on September 18th, 2018.

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

Go ahead and Google "Sims 4 Seasons release date", and you'll be brought to this thread.

In other words, the both of them seem to just be Googling information and retrieving the first thing they find without reading.
  • Jessvera1Jessvera1 Posts: 45 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Look at the address bar. That's not even EA/Origin's webpage. And they wouldn't use smileys lol. It's a website to create messaging platforms. Just someone having "fun" .

Plus Seasons is pretty much an open secret with all the in-game hints. Same happened with pets.

Pointing out yet again that this is incorrect and that it is in fact EA's live support chat website.
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

A second rep commented that upon checking, it is releasing on September 18th, 2018.

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

Go ahead and Google "Sims 4 Seasons release date", and you'll be brought to this thread.

In other words, the both of them seem to just be Googling information and retrieving the first thing they find without reading.

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

Good find! I highly doubt that this second one is even real, if even the first one was. One CS rep slipping up is somewhat believable, but multiple slip-ups? That's a big stretch. And the date coincidentally matching the speculation thread? This second one is even more suspect than the first alleged leak.

The first one could be a CS rep slip-up, but this second one is almost definitely someone taking advantage of the hype train and faking a leak, or like you said, could be a poorly trained rep just taking whatever Google says at face value.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member

Not necessarily, mine told me they believed both The Sims 4 Seasons and The Sims 5 are in development, but that is them saying the believe it.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Though I utterly believe Seasons is in the works because it would just simply be a bad move from the developers to not do it -and there's also been multiple hints from the gurus- this simply doesn't confirm anything. Fans really need to learn where to get their "official" info. Some guy at EA's customer's support knows as much about the game's development as we do.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It reminds me of the pre toddler days. There would be some kind of hint and announcement and then the forums would explode for a certain degree of time before the myth was debunked
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I really expect that Seasons will be the next EP because it is so highly requested and hinted at. Yes, I'm one of those who want to see it. I always liked having varying seasons in the game. It does add more to the passage of time and it influences decision-making for activities. I'll be interested to see how they handle it.

I just want the ability to vary the weather across the different worlds. I'm not the only one who has said that but it would be very important to me. I'd want to keep OS dry - yes, I know that snow can happen but I'd probably leave mine as a continually sunny place, perhaps with a brief but beautiful spring. In other worlds, I'd think about how I would want to handle it.

I'd really like it if they combine weather including the potential for storms, floods and other disasters - adding that bit of random danger. Maybe they'd even give us a daily weather report with fluctuating temps? Anyway, I'll be interested to see how they will handle it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    this is news how. i think we all knew it was going to be the next expansion pack at this point. plus we all know the release date is going to be early novemeber and the ancoument wont be until the end of summer :)
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry-1.jpg

Good find! I highly doubt that this second one is even real, if even the first one was. One CS rep slipping up is somewhat believable, but multiple slip-ups? That's a big stretch. And the date coincidentally matching the speculation thread? This second one is even more suspect than the first alleged leak.

The first one could be a CS rep slip-up, but this second one is almost definitely someone taking advantage of the hype train and faking a leak, or like you said, could be a poorly trained rep just taking whatever Google says at face value.

i am not 100% convinced that is the release date.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd rather wait for an official reveal for this one. Seems more like fake news to me.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Regardless of how fake this most likely is, I doubt it would surprise anyone to know Seasons is probably next in line, lol. It's the most asked for pack we don't have yet, and I'm sure there have been folks who have obsessed over the game codes enough to come up with all kinds of 'hints' and 'clues' and 'conspiracy theories' about it. :p

It would be more newsworthy if it were some idea other than Seasons, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Seasons confirmed by EA customer service and now a Stuff Pack that wasn't shown in the quartely teaser - we're truly living in wild times
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Regardless of how fake this most likely is, I doubt it would surprise anyone to know Seasons is probably next in line, lol. It's the most asked for pack we don't have yet, and I'm sure there have been folks who have obsessed over the game codes enough to come up with all kinds of 'hints' and 'clues' and 'conspiracy theories' about it. :p

It would be more newsworthy if it were some idea other than Seasons, lol.

I agree, I definitely think it's coming very soon regardless. I can't see why else The Sims 4 would be at EA Play, unless it's some huge, new feature that has never been done before.