Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

With cheats enabled, having a few issues.

Filling World needs does not work after this patch. I've repaired the game and deleted all mods and it is still broken. Only fill household needs seems to work.

Also I made a boyfriend for my "future daughter", but I can't increase their friendship with the modify relationship cheat, only their romance increase. Maybe they were destined to not get married? :s:s

And my game has been very slow to load from Origin as well. ive had to restart the game to get everything to load.
~Holz

"I'm a Psychic, not a Saint."

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    With the issue with “ fill world” not working, try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if the same thing occurs in the new save game.

Try making sure that you are using this cheat for modifying the friendship. You have to use the cheat on both sims.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships

For the lengthy load time, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.
  • jmbhkc121284jmbhkc121284 Posts: 54 Member
    i am still having problems with the modify relationship and my game going to a blank screen before i have to close it and resyart the game. somethings buggy. and no mods atm...
    ~Holz

"I'm a Psychic, not a Saint."
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if the blank screen occurs there also. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if the blank screen occurs there also. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hi @rosemow. Would this be the same thing I would do to repair a game where the fill all commodities cheat has ceased working? I had sims on a date and the NPC’s energy need was getting low. I think I did the shift click disable needs decay cheat and since then, the fill all commodities cheat no longer works. I used that a lot and I miss it. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
    edited April 2018
    Bonasita wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

Hi @rosemow. Would this be the same thing I would do to repair a game where the fill all commodities cheat has ceased working? I had sims on a date and the NPC’s energy need was getting low. I think I did the shift click disable needs decay cheat and since then, the fill all commodities cheat no longer works. I used that a lot and I miss it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello @Bonasita
    Try doing what I suggested and see if that helps with the issue.
    Beforehand, type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
  • BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks @rosemow. You’re the best.
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D