Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beaches: World or Vacation?

13...Next

Comments

• babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Either one, as long as I get a beach for my sims to enjoy.
    A beach world would be nice
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    None of the four options given. What I would really like is a hybrid world, with some lots designated for permanent ownership, plus a vacation district with rental lots for sims who live elsewhere.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Beach World Pack (EP) - to live in permanently like IP.
    FKM100 wrote: »
    None of the four options given. What I would really like is a hybrid world, with some lots designated for permanent ownership, plus a vacation district with rental lots for sims who live elsewhere.

Vacation worlds and residential worlds have different coding, that's why they are separated into two different categories, regular worlds and vacation worlds, in the worlds menu. They aren't going to combine them into some hybrid world. So, would you rather vacation at the beach or live at the beach?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2018
    I only voted for EP version because I would want to live there permanently, but there is no need for an EP for this. GP would fit it better.

Living in a Beach neighborhood would certainly be different with many activities that we don't do in the other hoods. This would break up the boredness of the game. Little by little, adding things like this University, Seasons, Farming, cars, and other great stuff will make S4 that much closer to S3 without all the downsides. Like it or not, in S3, I felt like I was always going somewhere and that is missing in S4. You may ride a loading screen, but there is no control, no feeling of being a "creator" looking down on your little world, nor any place to get away from the hood scenery. Certainly, the vacation spots we have, the Pets hood, the city, and the vampire hood are turning S4 into a more adventurous game, but a Season EP and a beach GP would put some wow in S4.

Also, why waste an EP, when a game pack would do??? The vampire hood can be lived in all the time and it didn't waste an EP. Vampire powers ect showed that so much more can be added in a GP. We could get a beach hood loaded just like the vampire one just fine. I would rather keep EPs for afterlife, fantasy animals, seasons, university, house builder & other jobs, ect. :)
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    FKM100 wrote: »

Vacation worlds and residential worlds have different coding, that's why they are separated into two different categories, regular worlds and vacation worlds, in the worlds menu. They aren't going to combine them into some hybrid world. So, would you rather vacation at the beach or live at the beach?

I don't see why not, especially since I am not the only one thinking along these lines. Actually, thinking big, I could imagine that this kind of world would work very well with hotels/resorts - where your sims would have the ability to own and manage a hotel or resort, or simply go and stay in one (as in Sims 3).
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2018
    I want a beach world where you can go for a vacation but you can either live there if you choose so... I want both options. All in one.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I Vote that EA hire @redrogue60 to work on their team.
    I want it to be an open beach a mile long, then a highway, on the other side beautiful new Beach homes.
    Raises hand and promise to pre-pay.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Beach Vacation Pack (GP) - to visit for a limited amount of time like OR and JA.
    Why do people keep suggesting the beach? There's so much more interesting things to explore. In my opinion, the beach should be left as long as possible.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Don't want a beach, don't need a beach, wouldn't buy a beach pack of any kind.
    I have the unpopular opinion, but that's because I'm a village/forest person, so OR and Brindleton Bay have the perfect vibe for me already. But having a swimmable ocean/river with boats (you could fish from those as well, or houseboats) would be great!
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I'd like a place where not only could you send your Sims for a trip but to obtain a second home there and stay however long you decide. I'd like a few features to carry over to other neighborhoods like:
    • Swimmable Oceans
    • Scuba Diving
    • Beach Sand that can be played with and used (Burying Sims, Sandcastles)
    • Honeymoon Vacation, Spring Break
    • Beach combing - For Sea Glass & Shells
    • Sun Bathing - On towels or Lounge chairs
    • Sun Burning
    • Beach Towels
    • Spa Turbans
    • Using a Metal Detector
    • Boating
    • Resort Hotels & Motels - With Maid Service, Room Service
    • Oscillating Ceiling Fans for Interior and Porches
    • Lanai Porches
    • Hammocks on (Trees, Freestanding, Between two Palms)
    • Grass Roofs with TEXTURE
    • Spa Amenities at the hotel or business we haven't had (Listed Below)
    • Second Homes
    • New Restaurant Types
    • Beach Volley Ball
    • Making Jewelry with Sea Glass & Shell finds
    • Beach type music for the Radios like Surf, Reggae, Hawaiian
    • NPC Life Guards at Beaches and Public Pools
    • NPC to Bring Drinks at Hotel Beaches
    • In-Line Skates
    • Listening to a conch shell and hearing the sea
    • Dogs running on the Beach and swimming in lakes and oceans
    • Taking Dogs on Vacation to the second house
    • Water Slides or Water Park Build pieces
    • Pool Bars
    • Fishing off the side of a pier
    • Bait Shacks
    • BBQ at the Beach
    • Fishmongers

New Foods
    • Oysters - Rockefeller, On the Half Shell
    • Seafood Boils - Should have been in the Base Game considering the initial neighborhood
    • Mango Smoothies
    • Steamed King Crab Legs
    • Jerk Chicken with Red Beans and Rice
    • Jamaican Beef Patties
    • Cuban Sandwiches
    • Crab Cakes
    • Poke

New Spa Amenities
    • Mani/Pedis
    • Facials
    • Wraps
    • Vichy Showers
    • Feet Washing
    • Leg Waxing
    • Dipping Hands in Paraffin Wax
    • Lomi Lomi Massage
    • Fish Pedicure *** ONLY IN THE VACATION ZONE

I wouldn't mind terribly if these features were confined to just the area
    • Surfing & Water Boarding
    • Waterfall Cave Exploration
    • Entering a Sand Sculpture Contest
    • Horseback riding on the beach
    • Volcanoes
    • Petting Sting Rays
    • Observing Sea Turtles lay their eggs and later on having the babies hatch and go into the sea
    • Steel Drums
    • Conga Drums
    • Deep Sea Fishing
    • Mango Trees
    • House Boats
    • Speed Boats & other Water type Toys
    • Mega Yachts
    • Sail Boats
    • Mermaids
    • Hula Dancing or Capoeira or both
    • Luaus
    • Climbing trees for Coconuts
    • Limbo
    • Helicopter Ride
    • Fire walking
    • The Witch Doctor from Sims 2 back
    • Pirate Ghost Back Arrgh!
    • Surf Shops
    • Tiki Bar

I honestly could live with it as an Game Pack but with everything I listed but I think that might be too much for a Game Pack though

OMG YES TO EVERYTHING! I am also really into that last that last list of ideas that are less likely to have been added on their own, judging by other games. An extra big yes to the Sand sculpture contest, surfing and water boarding, deep sea fishing, mermaids, lauaus, and hula dancing! I would love it SO MUCH if we could get our houseboats back, even if only as a lot type, just to at least have the feel. ANd of course, we need those mermaids and ghosts back! I would love to see a haunted pirate ship! OMG people would go BONKERS over that!
  • Ruffian1950Ruffian1950 Posts: 2 New Member
    Beach World - because I'd love to be able to live at the beach year round!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Beach Vacation Pack (GP) - to visit for a limited amount of time like OR and JA.
    I want both: I want a beach world where some Sims can vacation and other Sims can live.

This. I think it's possible we'll get both. I can see them adding a beach in the world that's coming with Seasons cause of sunburn and tanning. They might even add tanning booths and venues. They will probably add a beach with a swimmable ocean in Seasons but we'll have to wait most likely to get the beach activities which will come with a Tropical Beach Destination Gamepack.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I would love another beach world like Island Paradise with swimmable beaches and underwater dive lots. I was born on a tropical island, and I live in a USA state that has beaches (even though they are 2-3 hours away), and it’s a lovely dream to live on the beach.

Also, I want mermaids, and mermaids need their water sources and aquatic destinations. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd like a beach vacation world. With stuff that you could do there exclusively; e.g. swimming in the ocean (learning to swim for kids), surfing, building sand castles, finding and collecting shells, writing postcards (wasn't that in "The Sims - Vacation"?), getting a sunburn, having lounge chairs to relax near the pool, a pool bar...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I want my Sims to live permanently in a world with beaches. I mean, in real life, there are actual people who live near the beach all their lives and it should not only be a vacation place in my opinion...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    If they had this world it would be my sims new home. I loved Island Paradise but would love a sims 4 variation of it.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    OP I wish your options had both as a choice to choose from cause I want both,.. Beach World like IP with boat houses and stuff, and a tropical beach vacation destination world like Hawaii with a ship cruise like resort in the vacation world. And this is because I want my sims who live in other worlds to be able to experience a tropical vacation as well without having to move permanently to the beach world because they want to fully experience the beach life even if I know they can travel there anytime, but it just won't be the same as being on a vacation.

Basically I just would like the option to visit the beach anytime and or reside there permanently if I so choose but also be able to go on a vacation to a beach destination world as I please.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Though I would take a functional beach/ocean however I could get it, I would prefer a residential beach world.

As mentioned by someone else, the world could be like Sunlit Tides. It could also be similar to Brindleton Bay or Windenburg. Though it would be nice, "beach" doesn't necessarily have to mean tropical. For me, a coastal city, with one suburban neighborhood, would be the best of all worlds. <3

I would just really appreciate it if EA gave me the option to use the world as I choose. With a residential world and the ability to also build/own resorts, I could use the world however I like -- as a place for my Sims to set down roots or as a vacation spot. For example, in my story, BB is a vacation area on the opposite side of the country. One of the families owns a second home there.

The added benefit of residential worlds is that the local residents would actually have homes there. Except for the hermit, destination worlds don't have genuine locals with homes that can be visited.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I rather they do a vacation spot. I think they will be able to flesh out more gameplay then in an expansion. Every expansion that came with a world has been lackluster in my opinion.
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I don't really know. Newcrest has kind of a beach area.....? You can't really explore it though. I would like to see another vacation spot besides Granite Falls.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P