Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling old content and a lack of creativity in development

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Recycling is hurting this game. You only have to look at the active careers to see that.

Even if you don't play the vet career, a visit there with a sick pet and the vets will wander about, chat, play on the pc, eventually they may treat your pet. But last time I did it was a good 8 hours before they would.

Retail is a mess, dine out your sims can still be waiting up for 4/5 game hours on a good day for food. And if that's not enough you are fighting them getting up and dancing and swatting away random sims who drop by your sims table to chat.

Doctor career is still broken. Those systems should never have been recycled.

Not a huge fan of food carts being recycled either. It's just massive corner cutting.

I accept fully that some people still experience these issues and for a bit I did too, but I really haven't at all the last weeks when playing. I'm not sure why. But then the question for me still is whether it's the recycling as such (which can add a lot of room) or the bugs that bother people.

Dude they recycle the bugs. It's one and the same, and that's part of the larger issue here. Retail workers have a bad habit of standing around doing nothing, Vet workers have a bad habit of standing around doing nothing. Visiting a restaurant as a customer can have problems and take long, visiting a vet can have problems and take long.

If they have no qualms about copy-pasting broken systems and recycling them for future use, why should I not be concerned about recycling?

Idk in how many different ways I can tell you the very same thing, but, dude, I don't experience those bugs (either at all or not anymore). And the bugs I do experience almost always get fixed, even if it takes a few months. So again, the bugs and the question of recycling content are technically two different discussions. Anyway I'm out :)
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Can we please treat this hovering above the versions? Indeed, Sims 3 had the problem too. So, back to the problem.

You know what's weird though? That you guys (ETA: "you guys" sounds more pejorative than it's supposed to, I just don't know how else to phrase it right now) compare sims 3 and 4 all the time, but when people do it to somewhat reasonably interject that this approach to content isn't new, suddenly the comparison is off limits? Weird isn't it. Especially because in an objective discussion on the topic of recycled content and how people feel about it, it seems like a pretty fair point to make..

Also @DeservedCriticism if you want this to be an open discussion, maybe try not sounding so aggressive when someone dares to point out what they think could be positive about this. Because, dude, it's not an unimportant discussion, but I feel you only want people here who see things your way? Maybe I'm wrong. Okay, now I'm out, sorry ^^
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't mind recycling at all if it is better than done before if I am getting favourite things back but sometimes it does feel that stuff is left unfinished or with bugs. Is this because developers are keeping in mind future expansions and other packs that add to the action - or is it that there is not much co-operation between the pack teams?

The game definitely runs better for me now 32bit is being abandoned though. My laptop is not getting so warm.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Can we please treat this hovering above the versions? Indeed, Sims 3 had the problem too. So, back to the problem.

You know what's weird though? That you guys (ETA: "you guys" sounds more pejorative than it's supposed to, I just don't know how else to phrase it right now) compare sims 3 and 4 all the time, but when people do it to somewhat reasonably interject that this approach to content isn't new, suddenly the comparison is off limits? Weird isn't it. Especially because in an objective discussion on the topic of recycled content and how people feel about it, it seems like a pretty fair point to make..

Also @DeservedCriticism if you want this to be an open discussion, maybe try not sounding so aggressive when someone dares to point out what they think could be positive about this. Because, dude, it's not an unimportant discussion, but I feel you only want people here who see things your way? Maybe I'm wrong. Okay, now I'm out, sorry ^^

The issue for me is it makes it seem like that excuses the issue.
    I don't think we should say well "Timmy also tripped Joe" when looking at when John tripped Joe, we should say "Tripping others is a problem John don't do that." (weird example but it is what came to mind)
    Recycling stuff with bugs is a problem. How does comparing to the sims 3/2/1 change that issue?

Also as stated in the op recycling isn't necessarily bad, it's only bad when it is
    a) detracting from potential new content
    or
    b) is recycling something broken/flawed
    Correct me if I'm wrong @DeservedCriticism but I've seen a lot of posts responding about recycling in general as bad not the specific examples I think you are intending to look at.
    edited March 2018

The difference is that improvement is expected. Ask me about Island Paradise and I'll tell you that thing was practically a scam and I find it a miracle EA got away with selling it. It was buggy and completely non-functional for a majority of the fans, and yet it was sold normally. I find it outrageous, and had I been on these forums back then, you would've heard me complaining about it too.

Now imagine I compare Sims 4 to Island Paradise. Here's the immediate problem: Sims 4 can do no wrong by default when we work off this comparison. There's no purpose or benefit to comparing the game to the worst instances of the past, there is purpose to comparing to the best. Comparing to the best shows what's possible, comparing to the worst doesn't achieve anything except to excuse any new content via the argument "well at least it's not as bad as X." If your praise of a product is completely reliant on the comparative failures of another, there is a problem. We're moving forward, and thus I expect forward progress with designs too. You won't see me comparing packs to Spa day either, but you will absolutely hear me comparing packs to Vampires as the best example of what Sims 4 can do. It has nothing to do with a competition because showcasing former games/packs had problems too does NOTHING to address the problems faced today. It has everything to do with looking to the best examples and asking "why can't we have more of that?"

I'm not even sure how I'm coming off as aggressive here. It's certainly not intended. You're making an argument, I'm stating why I disagree. I'm concerned about the recycled content, so of course I'm gonna support my case and state why I feel the way I do. This for example:
    I don't experience those bugs (either at all or not anymore). And the bugs I do experience almost always get fixed, even if it takes a few months. So again, the bugs and the question of recycling content are technically two different discussions.

I don't see what difference this makes if they're recycling bugs. Technically they may be two different things, but on a practical level for we the consumer, it's exactly the same. And no, I don't agree they fix bugs immediately because Friend of the World's reward trait was broken for three years, Doctor and Detective broke for two, retail still has not been fixed, simulation lag took years for a significant patch, and I'm pretty sure there's still a bug where quitting a career after the paths split permanently locks you off from unlocking some of that career's rewards. (rejoining Diamond Agent for example will make it "Diamond Agent level 1" and only reward you the interactions you could expect from Secret Agent level 1)

More importantly, it goes beyond the immediate damage of recycling a buggy system: It also carries the implication and the question of "what won't they recycle?" For all we know, they may deliver an entirely new system in the next expansion that's intended to be recycled (nothing wrong with that yet), and it might be horrendously buggy. Does that mean it wouldn't be recycled due to bugs? Apparently not, as it hasn't stopped them from doing it thusfar.

I agree with the above post from @Simburian : I don't mind recycling if it makes sense or improvements are made. This isn't happening though in some cases. We're moving sideways. Worst case, they recycle retail for Vets and the exact problems with lazy retail workers pop up with vet workers, a similarly annoying case is that our Sims receive 3,249,834,759,437 social interactions to shrug their shoulders and say two words while smiling at a chat partner that says nothing or a very short two words in response, a somewhat bitter recycling method is when we see that bear costume....AGAIN, and then best case scenario, it's a food stall with some slightly different meals that just teases the question of "could they have made more NEW content instead...?"

I'll get back to you on this tomorrow actually. I tend to drop down a few skill levels in writing/thinking when I'm tired and would like to avoid any misunderstandings ;). But again, I really do think this is an important discussion, even if I see it a bit differently.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Well, Sims 3 had Late Night/Showtime reusing the same fame system (one of them being completely dedicated to the fame system) + vampires being a life state in both Late Night and Supernatural...so compared to that, the recycling in the Sims 4 looks pretty tame to me.
    Apart from the fact the OP already covers it started with Sims 3, Showtime didn’t have the same fame system? Fame in LN meant scandal, free gifts and paparazzi. Fame in Showtime meant performing for larger audiences in different, larger venues (much more fun as far as I’m concerned). And Supernatural offered four other life states and just refined - and therefore patched in - the already existing vampire. In fact adding new gameplay to them.

@jackjack_k I never played the Daycare profession, but doesn’t that feature also add a mechanism to run a Daycare? (I hated the SP’s with yet another hot tub or barbecue by the way, so again, how does this adress what the OP wants to discuss: it’s annoying when it happens too often and seems to become a habit rather than an exception; is it really that hard to stay on topic?)

The point is, you guys are complaining about EA recycling content instead of new content, when they are ACTUALLY recycling old content, while also giving us new content alongside, not instead of.

There is a huge difference between "recycling old content" which takes up slots and "recycling old content" without sacrificing any new content.

This was never an issue when The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 (heck even The Sims 1 did it), so why is it an issue now? And my point is, there was actually more to be angry about back then there is now.

So why the faux outrage?
    The OP explains that perfectly. The subject is not ‘Sims 4 stinks’, the subject is ‘should we accept this happening more and more, even when it concerns features that turned out to be flawed’. By the sound of it you actually agree with the OP if it already bothered you in Sims 3 and 2.

The copying and pasting in The Sims 1 - 3 didn't bother me though. Only if they made you pay for it more than once.

The Sims 4 so far hasn't made me pay for the same content twice, if they have re-used objects like Food Carts or the WooHoo bush, it hasn't affected the amount of new gameplay animated objects we've got. It's always been a bonus extra, that's factored into the actual price. I'm not buying a Game Pack, with the same 6 gameplay objects we've had before.
    edited March 2018
    @jackjack_k Two things:

1) Why do you treat this like a competition to be less bad? I name a problem with Sims 4, and you immediately start criticizing Sims 3. Why? Just because the other games have lowpoints does NOT absolve Sims 4 of any problems. BOTH are entirely capable of being guilty of the same mistakes. I even touched on this and criticized both Daredevil and Evil traits in Sims 3 for not actually providing new content, but rather just renaming the text names for interactions. The problem is we're at a new Sims game and that problem has worsened significantly instead of gone away. Another great example is that the recycling of the Vet career reminds me of Island Paradise: a pack released that was buggy and nonfunctional, and EA does nothing to fix it. It doesn't excuse the Vet career, it just makes it more outrageous that such practices continue. And no, Generations was not my favorite pack and you touch on why that is.

I have no desire to go into detail of every flaw in past games though because this isn't about them, this is about Sims 4. Highlighting those past flaws is of limited use because those games are done, whereas Sims 4 can still benefit from feedback. The only interest I have in mentioning past games is to showcase that the frequency of recycling has absolutely spiked.

There's even this ridiculous double standard here:

The Sims 3 literally sold content twice (Hot Tubs, Washers, Dryers to name a few)

You mean the ones with vastly different designs? In packs where there was enough raw content for this to be irrelevant? By your logic here, Sims 4 is reselling us content every time they make a new bed variant; those were new variants, not direct copies. You don't see me complaining about new bed designs because they're new; yes I would complain if a bed had the exact same cell and design but got re-released with slightly different colors, though.

Even the presentation is different: Late Night releases a new type of Hot Tub, and no it's not blasted all over the streams and trailers as though the hot tub is somehow a "major" selling point of the pack. They new it was minor and kept it as such. The same cannot be said for these Food stands, as making "new cultural food" is practically becoming a running gag at this point. They've done this thrice now. Heck, even the recycled bear costume and recycled Superllama costume were used in pack previews and streams with the devs saying "look how neat this is!" There's a very different tone in the execution of recycled content: when past games did it, they didn't draw attention to it because the devs understood recycled content isn't exciting. Here? There's basically a 50-50 shot the recycled content will be presented as a major feature of the pack.
    What's the difference between that and reusing Food Vendors or Market tables? Oh I know, EA basically included them for free with JA.

So Sims 3 releases several hot tubs with different aesthetic designs in multiple packs and this is "reselling old content," but if Jungle Adventures reuses food stalls, that's "including them for free?" Yeah seems legit, makes perfect sense.

2) I've said this before, but your entire post is just statements with bold claims, but zero support, arguments or evidence. You absolutely have a habit of this:

"For C&D, the Vet Career is nothing like the Retail or Restaurant career." *changes subject*

"What's the difference between that and reusing Food Vendors or Market tables? Oh I know, EA basically included them for free with JA. Considering it has numerous gameplay items, more than any Game Pack before." *changes subject*

"And the market stalls in CL and C&D still offer new content." *changes subject*

You've not addressed a word of what I said or done anything to even support your own stances. I don't know what you're expecting to come of your post since you leave people with nothing to discuss. You haven't refuted a word of any of my arguments. You've just said "the vet career is completely different" and that's your argument I guess, but that's not really an argument because you've done nothing to point out how it's different.

What I'm saying and what I'm arguing is this: why does the EXACT bug that pops up in GTW retail workers resurface in the Vet career? They've had three years to fix the retail system and they haven't done it. On top of that, they're ready and willing to copypaste it despite knowing the system is heavily flawed. It's lazy, it results in sub-par buggy content, and it's downright insulting to see such content repeated with zero improvements or even bug fixes. Why on earth should I give them my money for repeat content that doesn't even work right? That's like if I went to an auto dealer and they sold me a lemon of a Red Honda Accord that has troubles with starting the engine, and then one year later when I'm sick of dealing with it, I go back to the same auto dealer and they greet me with "so I heard you were unsatisfied with your Red Honda Accord with engine problems. Wanna buy a BLUE Honda Accord with engine problems?" No, no I don't. No one in their right mind would go back to that same auto dealer, nor would they trust to purchase another Honda Accord from them. That sums up my stance with this game wonderfully: I have opted out of multiple packs specifically because they recycle content to function as main features, and I don't think that warrants a purchase.

I would have absolutely nothing against them recycling that retail system if it were good, stable, and saw regular improvements each time it was reused. This is not the case. You touched on the professions system of Sims 3 and yeah, there's your difference: that system worked (individual careers such as Ghost Hunter had individual bugs, yes, but there was no universal bug that was a guarentee to afflict all active careers), this system doesn't. The quality of retail system that we got in 2017 is more or less the same as the quality of the system in 2015. We are not moving forward, we're going in circles, and that's a severe problem. It makes the game look and feel like a blatant cash-grab too.

How many times is the recycling of content too much? Food stalls have been used three times now, with the concept of "new recipes" as a major feature having been used four times. I do not care about the cheaply drawn food on my Sim's plate. It's completely irrelevant to me, and yet it's four times now they've tried to sell this stuff to us as a major feature. That's my concern: that this is just gonna continue, and that recycled content is actually behind the steering wheel with this game, directly playing a large role in what packs get made and what packs get skipped.

1) It's not a comparison to be "less bad" because The Sims 4 isn't recycling any content that takes up slots for new content. This is how DLC works for any game. It's only an issue if Jungle Adventure, for example, completely got rid of the jungle area, and just gave us a new world with the same content. Instead, it took what it already built, re-used some of it, and then gave us a whole new GP over the top.
    You can't also "recycle a vet career" when we didn't have a Vet career. They reused the Business system, but The Sims 1 - 3 all reused systems too. If the new content was "run a vet store" then I could understand the backlash. But a Vet operates nothing like Retail, apart from the fact it shares a UI. DLC for games reuses existing content and builds upon it. A lot of what you're saying was "recycled" was built into the base game coding.

The systems that the past games recycled functioned as intended. This one does not, and yet they recycle it. That is inexcuseable to me. I expect Sims 3 to recycle it's coding for active careers because that coding works. However, if Island Paradise is a buggy mess and they try to release another tropical island pack with the exact same flaws, yes I'm gonna be outraged.
    The Sims 4 isn't recycling any content that takes up slots for new content.

And what makes you say this?

Best case scenario, the budget was never going to allow for fully new features anyways, and this is a disappointing attempt to try and provide "more" content without providing anymore at all. Worst case scenario, it is absolutely playing a role in deciding what packs come next because they purposefully steer towards concepts that are easy to craft with the help of recycled content. Either way, content demands time and money, and they've somehow decided we need four different packs that demand they make new food stall colors and food plates, as well as three packs using a retail system where (highly similar) bugs have popped up with all three.
    2) The point here is, they didn't just sell you new laundry designs, they literally made you pay for the "development" of laundry twice. At most, those new laundry items on the store should have been a $3 DLC pack (16 items). Instead they make you pay $10, because they're making you pay for the development of Laundry twice. Adding Laundry into new Expansions is fine. But asking $10 alone for Laundry even if you already paid for it previously, is a stretch. EA should have just bundled those new designs into EPs/SPs or made them much cheaper than $10. At $10, you're past the point of "oh hey, here's some new laundry designs" to "hey please pay for Laundry twice".

No they didn't, they copy-pasted the coding of laundry, and it worked. <----That right there is your key difference. I am not unconditionally against the practice of recycling content, I am against recycling content when they recycle from systems that don't work. The vet career absolutely did this, and it has me questioning the motivation for other recycled content. After all, I'm pretty sure I could fill an entire queue of Sim interactions with pure social interactions, with every single interaction on the list having a unique name, but ALL of them having an identical animation and audio clip attached to them while the majority of those also have identical functions.

I already explained this in my last post: I don't get up in arms at University Life for recycling laundry because University Life neither advertised it as a major feature, nor were they lazily copying a highly busted and highly broken system. No, someone probably made the decision that laundry is relevant enough to include in a university pack, so they included it to add to the theme. Doing so was never intended to be a major feature though and was not advertised as such. Here, they make sure to tell us about that new cultural food, tie it into the aspiration, and include it in trailers and preview streams.
    3) The food stalls didn't take up new gameplay slots, so again, the faux outrage trend is for teenagers who just discovered Twitter, not for those who can put 2 and 2 together and realise they didn't sacrifice new gameplay, to reintroduce old gameplay. The market without the Food stands would have been less interesting, and therefore is a welcome addition to Jungle Adventure. They also sell new foods, not existing foods. And for those who like Cooking, adds a huge new range of foods to cook. It can also be used in Dine Out, and a brand new type of Restaurant can be made also. There's substantial new content, considering it's recycled, and at this point doesn't even take up development time of the pack.

As I said, I wouldn't take offense to the food stalls if they were not presented as a major feature of the pack and if recycling content was not so frequent with this game. It is however, and thus I'm left questioning how much sway the potential for recycling content has in decision-making.

4) How about you point out how the Retail and the Vet system is the same? Considering you played C&D on a friends computer, perhaps you may have not actually played it for yourself. Tell me what is the same? All I see is a UI being reused.

I did explain that. Twice infact:

Retail has a bad habit/bug where workers do not do anything. They'll sit outside on their phone, stand around, and generally just not do their job. Cats and Dogs releases and lo and behold, there are both gameplay videos and bug reports showcasing how hired workers have a terrific habit of standing around doing nothing. Three years this bug has existed and three years they do nothing to fix it. Despite this, they even have the audacity to copypaste that buggy system into a new pack and demand $40 for it. That's outrageous to me.
    6) What's broken with the Retail system or Vet system. They work fine for me. Dine Out has an issue with Sims getting up to chat with each other, but the Vet career and Retail career work fine for me. You don't even talk about the bug in question.

As I said, I've stated this multiple times. I can quote you in both the main post and the post responding to you where I commented on the exact bug I mentioned just above:

"Get to Work released, people tried out retail, it was terrible. Complaints included that both customers and employees seemed to do nothing at all, basic interactions with customers took ages, and employees just simply weren't doing their job. Fast forward to today, they still haven't patched or repaired that system in any way whatsoever. That portion of Get To Work remains broken and an absolute chore to participate in."

"Browse the forums and sure enough, you'll see very familiar complaints. "My Vet employees aren't working! They just stand around!" This is the exact same issue. They copy-pasted the retail system, bugs and all. They absolutely should've known this would've happened. This is a case where either they directly knew this might happen, or they should've known and the idea that they couldn't anticipate this is ridiculous."

"What I'm saying and what I'm arguing is this: why does the EXACT bug that pops up in GTW retail workers resurface in the Vet career? They've had three years to fix the retail system and they haven't done it."

If you're going to disagree with me, please do me a favor and actually bother reading my posts to see what my stance is and why I feel that way. Otherwise, the conversation goes in circles for both of us.
    7) The Profession system did have bugs though. There's actually a bug where if your Profession requires use of a Rabbit Hole, it only works in worlds that don't have combo rabbit holes (which every world does beyond Ambitions). So if you're playing with Bridgeport or later, Professions don't work unless you replace the combo rabbit holes with base game ones. Also, that basically means that unless you're willing to use base game rabbit holes, the whole Profession System is broken. EA became aware of this, and basically made sure that future professions didn't require Rabbit holes. Nice of them eh?

That is a bug related to combo rabbit holes, NOT the professions. The professions came first and they did not anticipate such an error. I think that one was patched too. This is completely different because they both didn't have any reason that they should've absolutely known for certain that bug would arise, and they made efforts to fix it. (and if they didn't and I'm mistaken, then yes that plum, I agree it's horrible, and here we are again with me asking you why you think the flaws of Sims 3 somehow excuse flaws of Sims 4. I want them both fixed, not neither) The Vet career is a case where they recycled the Retail to Dine Out, similar complaints about bugs and quirks in the system arose, and did they fix it? No, they just quietly copy-pasted the system again to the Vet Career. They absolutely should've known, they absolutely had reason to suspect this would happen, they absolutely could've avoided it, and yet they did nothing. They cut corners and resold old content, bugs included.
    8) They're not selling Food stalls a major feature. That's full of it even for you. They are shown for less than a second in the announcement trailer. Literally blink and you miss it. It's also not even mentioned on the Origin page as more than a blip.

That seems to be your issue. You get focused too much on one thing, that it clouds your vision for everything else that's going on.

Jungle Adventure literally came with more Build/Buy and CAS items, and also more unique gameplay items (if we include the gameplay items found in BuyDebug from the Jungle/Temple) than a whole Sims 2 Bon Voyage Expansion (which is when EA made EPs $40 btw) for $20, and you're coming in with "um we've had these 3 things before".

Obviously, Bon Voyage has more on it's side with Gameplay features, but that's quite a feat for $20 and all you can think about is the smallest, most unnecessary things ever and making them out to be the worst thing in gaming history.

Again, I do not know your obsession with comparing the titles in such a way that past flaws excuse future ones. Improvement over time is expected. I do not look back at Sims 1 and get outraged over it's low bed count; it was a different time with more limited tech, and if anything it'd be outrageous if 2, 3 or 4 somehow delivered the same content count despite advances in tech.

The pure count of build mode objects is a flawed measurement too, as City Living padded it's catalog with wall paintings while Cats and Dogs used wall decals. What percent of those objects serve a new function or focus solely on fleshing out a new aesthetic? The pack has a very unique aesthetic going for it, but if it has one bed matching that aesthetic and 40 random paintings, it can still be disappointing.

As for the reference to the food stalls being major content, it gets incorporated into the aspirations, the curse cures, one of the new skills, and it's one of the only things to do in the town. The town is basically a bar and some food stalls. If you were to ask people to list five main features of this pack, I promise you you'll find people listing those food stalls.

Lmao, this whole post is you just changing your original argument to make a new one.

The constant essays mean that you end up changing what you're saying. First you tell me that it's bad to recycle content, but then tell me it's okay for EA to charge $10 for new washers and dryer swatches, even though it's included in multiple paid packs already.

You then tell me the Profession system is working as intended, and later admit, it's not working as intended.

I can't be bothered going through and correcting any of this, because you obviously don't even know what you're angry about.

In this post, you literally defend the same thing you're angry for The Sims 4 doing, and giving it the A-OK in TS3. It's okay to pay for content twice "if it works". Um....no it's not. They don't deserve double payment to make a working system. The WooHoo bush, Food Vendors, street carts etc. didn't take up new gameplay slots. We still got over 15 new gameplay object animations.

I've voiced my hatred for Dine Out bugs, but Retail and the Vet career are not broken at all. The system works. Dine Out doesn't work because of the musical chairs bug, but the system behind it works.

As you said, all the Professions in TS3 have bugs, same with The Sims 4 Business system. But the actual system for TS4 works fine. It's the individual bugs that ruin it, and Dine Out is the only one that's currently having issues.

Tell me, in a single paragraph, what is wrong with The Sims 4 recycling content, while still providing the same amount of new gameplay for each pack?

In a second comment, tell me what game doesn't reuse existing content in DLC?
    Because I cannot think of one at all.
    edited March 2018

Even the presentation is different: Late Night releases a new type of Hot Tub, and no it's not blasted all over the streams and trailers as though the hot tub is somehow a "major" selling point of the pack. They new it was minor and kept it as such. The same cannot be said for these Food stands, as making "new cultural food" is practically becoming a running gag at this point.

Also, this the pure sign you have no idea what you're talking about. Hot Tubs were on the FRONT and BACK cover of Late Night;

The-Sims-3-Late-Night-Free-Full-Game.jpg

I cannot DEAL with people who don't even research what they're talking about. You didn't even know about the professions bug before I mentioned it, and you can't even tell us what bugs are in all 3 of the ownable business's.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Just a slight correction (not caught up -- guess which message I just read), Showtime didn't use the Late Night fame system on its own. If you didn't have Late Night, you didn't have celebrities. However, if you did have Late Night, Showtime, just as every other EP in the game as well as the base game, incorporated it so you got celebrity status under various circumstances.

I liked that in Sims 3 -- features like that were added to all the EPs. Like Season's festival lots -- every single world officially released got one, though for a couple of store worlds you had to look on the exchange for the Simguru made ones.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Felicity wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Ever thought about just making a blog of your own for all of your Sims complaints? Maybe make a YouTube video of everything the game is doing wrong?

I really can’t be bothered to read these dissertations every time a new pack is released. I mean seriously. What is the end goal here? People go round and around with you until they realize you’re just here to argue. Everyone else is wrong. Everyone else is sheep. Etc etc until the following month when another pack is released and we do it all over again.

I’m just amazed, truly, honestly.

Hmmm, this is the feedback section. People have the right to post their feedback here. And if you don't want to read their feedback, that's fine. But I'm pretty sure the OP is not writing to you.

I get the issues with too much recycled content. And I get why someone leaving feedback about Sims 4 being told, "Get over it, there was X in Sims 3" is frustrating. People left a lot of feedback for Sims 3 in the Sims 3 forums back in the day. Sims 4 is its own game, with its own flaws and merits, and something being bad in a previous iteration doesn't suddenly make it okay.

Please understand if I’m upset with a product, I will not continue to berate it every single month like clockwork because they haven’t fixed issues I believe exist. It’s just not a good use of my time. A better use of my time would be chalking it up as a loss and moving on with my life.

Some people place a lot of emphasis on minute things because they have the time to do so. Some people like arguing for the sake of arguing. Some people enjoy complaining. I do not.

Some people can’t stand when others disagree with them. I don’t feel that way.

That being said, I will let you all continue the “good” fight. I’m sure I’ll see a similar thread from the same folks when the next patch or pack is released. Carry on.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Ever thought about just making a blog of your own for all of your Sims complaints? Maybe make a YouTube video of everything the game is doing wrong?

I really can’t be bothered to read these dissertations every time a new pack is released. I mean seriously. What is the end goal here? People go round and around with you until they realize you’re just here to argue. Everyone else is wrong. Everyone else is sheep. Etc etc until the following month when another pack is released and we do it all over again.

I’m just amazed, truly, honestly.

Hmmm, this is the feedback section. People have the right to post their feedback here. And if you don't want to read their feedback, that's fine. But I'm pretty sure the OP is not writing to you.

I get the issues with too much recycled content. And I get why someone leaving feedback about Sims 4 being told, "Get over it, there was X in Sims 3" is frustrating. People left a lot of feedback for Sims 3 in the Sims 3 forums back in the day. Sims 4 is its own game, with its own flaws and merits, and something being bad in a previous iteration doesn't suddenly make it okay.

Please understand if I’m upset with a product, I will not continue to berate it every single month like clockwork because they haven’t fixed issues I believe exist. It’s just not a good use of my time. A better use of my time would be chalking it up as a loss and moving on with my life.

Some people place a lot of emphasis on minute things because they have the time to do so. Some people like arguing for the sake of arguing. Some people enjoy complaining. I do not.

Some people can’t stand when others disagree with them. I don’t feel that way.

That being said, I will let you all continue the “good” fight. I’m sure I’ll see a similar thread from the same folks when the next patch or pack is released. Carry on.

That's fine Chazzy, you do you, but let others do them ;) If the Gurus don't want someone's feedback, I'm sure they'll ignore it just fine.

Touché
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

Even the presentation is different: Late Night releases a new type of Hot Tub, and no it's not blasted all over the streams and trailers as though the hot tub is somehow a "major" selling point of the pack. They new it was minor and kept it as such. The same cannot be said for these Food stands, as making "new cultural food" is practically becoming a running gag at this point.

Also, this the pure sign you have no idea what you're talking about. Hot Tubs were on the FRONT and BACK cover of Late Night;

I cannot DEAL with people who don't even research what they're talking about. You didn't even know about the professions bug before I mentioned it, and you can't even tell us what bugs are in all 3 of the ownable business's.
    I actually remember the advertising for Late Night and the focus of that picture was that they could sit in their hot tub on the roof of a really high building, overlooking the city (which was very new to the franchise I think?). Not the hot tub itself.

And as for doing research before you talk, you never reacted to my clearly edited camp base in Egypt after you said camp bases weren’t editable in Sims 3.

Are you surprised, they've lied before now, so why are you surprised that they ignore proof that they've lied?
    raw
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

I actually remember the advertising for Late Night and the focus of that picture was that they could sit in their hot tub on the roof of a really high building, overlooking the city (which was very new to the franchise I think?). Not the hot tub itself.

And as for doing research before you talk, you never reacted to my clearly edited camp base in Egypt after you said camp bases weren’t editable in Sims 3.

Are you surprised, they've lied before now, so why are you surprised that they ignore proof that they've lied?
    Not surprised, just pointing out the pot was calling the kettle black ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Folks, you are all full members of this forum for a while now so you know better then to have a go at each other. Please refrain from this going forward as per the forum rules. Keep it civil please and on topic.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

edited March 2018

They weren't editable until the Ambitions Edit World patch. That's what I said :)
    You enter "Edit Town" mode and then click on the World icon, that takes you to the world. Before then, we only had access to the Vacation worlds, while on Vacation.

I didn't say we never got it, I said we had to wait and it wasn't included when the pack came out.

--

Also, the trailers for CL, C&D and JA only feature Food Stalls in split second appearances. Not as often as Hot Tubs were advertised for TS3. So it still makes no sense.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    You hit the nail on the head with what is wrong with this pack.

Content from packs has been recycled. But what's key, in this situation ongoing right now is, it was recycled without the necessity to own the pack the content was initially introduced with.

For instance, you can become a vet in Cats & Dogs. The vet uses the career system that was developed for Get to Work. Purchasing the C&D pack on its own, without owning GTW, results in the vet career working just the same. And we also see that with food stands.

So why is this pack introducing a feature that we must own a pack released prior to access? The result is clear; it's greed. And The Sims 4 has never been in a wonderful state where it deserves to be charging us premium or pulling this kind of thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top