Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Quarter Teaser?

When do you think it will happen and what do you expect?
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think we will get our first glimpse on the first or second week of April. I hope we will had a Stuff Pack and a game pack. 2 stuff packs will disappoint me. I need one gamepack or expansion for my game.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I think we will get our first glimpse on the first or second week of April. I hope we will had a Stuff Pack and a game pack. 2 stuff packs will disappoint me. I need one gamepack or expansion for my game.

So it going to be a long wait.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    In an ideal world the next Quarterly Teaser will show off Seasons... saying that, I realise that is just as likely as Pigs colonising Mars...

I'm expecting a Stuff Pack, and perhaps a Game Pack
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

So it going to be a long wait.

A few months probably. The next GP will probably release mid-year, June maybe. Expansions always come out in Q3 around the holidays. Stuff packs are the filler between major releases.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nothing for March???!?!?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nothing for March???!?!?

No paid content for March. This month debuts the new mobile game.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nothing for March???!?!?

No paid content for March. This month debuts the new mobile game.

Bummer
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd say early to mid-April for the next teaser. Since we just got the Jungle GP, I'm expecting just an SP and maybe more bug squashing. Graham mentioned on Twitter that they'd tracked down the issue regarding clean clothes in the hamper with Laundry Day, but the fix wouldn't be ready in time for the most recent patch (the pre-JA patch) so that would be in a future patch, and there are other bugs they're still trying to track down:

So we'll likely get some small patches over the next few months. Actually I wouldn't mind a break from new content; I've barely dug into Cats & Dogs yet (was dealing with a family death when it came out in November) and with Jungle Adventures still out there to tackle I'm not ready for new content just yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I'd say early to mid-April for the next teaser. Since we just got the Jungle GP, I'm expecting just an SP and maybe more bug squashing. Graham mentioned on Twitter that they'd tracked down the issue regarding clean clothes in the hamper with Laundry Day, but the fix wouldn't be ready in time for the most recent patch (the pre-JA patch) so that would be in a future patch, and there are other bugs they're still trying to track down:

So we'll likely get some small patches over the next few months. Actually I wouldn't mind a break from new content; I've barely dug into Cats & Dogs yet (was dealing with a family death when it came out in November) and with Jungle Adventures still out there to tackle I'm not ready for new content just yet.

I say they should continue to release new content regularly and we can just buy it when we want something new. For me personally I need new things often to keep my interest
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope they need to fix Tween Pop, NuDisco, Singer-Songwriter, Latin, and Latin Pop with custom songs before they show us the new game pack and stuff pack, but not Seasons yet, cause I don't know what's coming up!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

I'd say by the third week of this month. Probably they could have a stuff pack out in April.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    In an ideal world the next Quarterly Teaser will show off Seasons... saying that, I realise that is just as likely as Pigs colonising Mars...

Actually I've heard they're going to have a big (?) announcement in June at EA Play this June 9-11th. I personally think they're going to announce the next Expansion Pack and I'm crossing everything I can that it'll be Seasons!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    From what I understand, jasmine is coming back for a boost week this month, and the quarterly teaser should be out the first week of April, to outline the April to June quarter.

I'm expecting a few SP and some bug fixes.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    It will be sometime the first week of April maybe the 3rd or the 5th.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member

Actually I've heard they're going to have a big (?) announcement in June at EA Play this June 9-11th. I personally think they're going to announce the next Expansion Pack and I'm crossing everything I can that it'll be Seasons!

where did you hear this? I wanna see!!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

Source?
  • Options
    Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member

Do we know if the big announcement is related to Sims, because I also heard they are working on the next Battlefield game, so they could be releasing information on that.
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't mind free content this March either, like the return of a previous base game staple. But bug fixes are good too, especially since a lot of them resurface every now and then.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited March 2018

But that's in June, so whatever they announce won't be in this quarter.

And those who were asking about the source (@Internal_Chaos, @simgirl1010, @kaylin205 ), here it is:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/25/sims-5-new-sims-4-expansion-sims-france-talks-ea-play/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

But that's in June, so whatever they announce won't be in this quarter.

And those who were asking about the source (@Internal_Chaos, @simgirl1010, @kaylin205 ), here it is:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/25/sims-5-new-sims-4-expansion-sims-france-talks-ea-play/

I'd already seen that. I thought it was something more definite.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think we'll see at least an SP, possibly even two. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some new supernatural content before October of this year. I'm not really a supernatural player myself but I know that there is a big group who are, so I'd be fine with it.

I'm also pretty busy with recent content right now. That said, sometimes I do pick up SPs later on after they are released, so I hope there will be something that I'll want later.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    What I would love is a surprise Seasons EP announcement. However, the April - June quarter tends to be the quarter that is the most light on new content looking at past trends, so really all I expect is one SP, maybe a second SP or a surprise GP if we're lucky.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    emyprice95 wrote: »
    What I would love is a surprise Seasons EP announcement. However, the April - June quarter tends to be the quarter that is the most light on new content looking at past trends, so really all I expect is one SP, maybe a second SP or a surprise GP if we're lucky.

I'm hoping for a stuffpack and another gamepack. Last year we got a gamepack in quarter 1 and 2.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think it's more likely they announce the worldwide release for EA Mobile, or possibly upcoming packs for the console version.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2018
    aws200 wrote: »

When ? -- April 3rd, 2018 (Tuesday)
    What ? -- 1 SP and 1 GP + Car Patch (Not in the teaser)

Previous quarterly teasers
    • Fiscal Year 2017
      • Q1, April 19th, 2016 (Tuesday) :
        • Spring → GP03 Dine Out → June 7th, 2016 (Late Spring)
        • Summer → SP07 Kids Room Stuff → June 28th, 2016 (Early Summer)
      • Q2, July 5th, 2016 (Tuesday) :
        • Coming soon → SP08 Backyard Stuff → July 19th, 2016 (Summer)
      • Q3, October 2nd, 2016 (Sunday, Halloween Challenge began) :
        • Fall → EP03 City Living → November 1st, 2016 (Fall)
        • Winter → SP09 Vintage Stuff → December 6th, 2016 (Late Fall because Winter is on Dec. 21st :p)
      • Q4, January 6th, 2017 (Friday, Back to office on Tuesday) :
        • Winter → GP04 Vampires → January 24th, 2017 (Winter)
        • Spring → SP10 Bowling Stuff → March 29th, 2017 (Early Spring)
    • Fiscal Year 2018
      • Q1, April 4th, 2017 (Tuesday) :
        • Spring → GP05 Parenthood → May 30th, 2017 (Spring)
        • Summer → SP11 Fitness Stuff → June 20th, 2017 (Late Spring because Summer is on June 21st :p)
      • Q2, July 5th, 2017 (Wednesday, July 4th: Independence Day) :
        • Late Summer → SP12 Toddler Stuff → August 24th, 2017 (Summer)
      • Q3, October 3rd, 2017 (Tuesday) :
        • EP04 Cats & Dogs → November 10th, 2017 (Fall)
      • Q4, January 2nd, 2018 (Tuesday) :
        • Winter → SP13 Laundry Day Stuff → January 16th, 2018 (Winter)
        • Winter → GP06 Jungle Adventure → February 27th, 2018 (Winter)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on