Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 infinite loading screen

2...Next

Comments

• xkimuraxkimura Posts: 6 New Member
    I somehow doubt my specs are the only problem since my best friend is basically playing the game on a glorified rock. So I'll try reinstalling it again :-) Thanks anyway. The driver update didnt work, keep getting errors...
  • LizluzzLizluzz Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello,
    Unfortunately I myself have been having this problem for two days. I tried everything. I deleted all my mods, created a new sims 4 folder, uninstalled and installed the game over and over, turned off the access for Origin to interfer in the game, I updated my graphics driver.... I honestly dont know what to do. I cant play in San Myshuno which sucks because I bought it. i also cant play in any other world. Last time I checked I was only able to play with a non cc user household and this is not due to a broken cc or mod because I checked and deleted everysingle one and it still does not work. Does anyone by any change know what to do? I think im going insane over this!
    Best,
    Liz
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Lizluzz wrote: »
    Hello,
    Unfortunately I myself have been having this problem for two days. I tried everything. I deleted all my mods, created a new sims 4 folder, uninstalled and installed the game over and over, turned off the access for Origin to interfer in the game, I updated my graphics driver.... I honestly dont know what to do. I cant play in San Myshuno which plum because I bought it. i also cant play in any other world. Last time I checked I was only able to play with a non cc user household and this is not due to a broken cc or mod because I checked and deleted everysingle one and it still does not work. Does anyone by any change know what to do? I think im going insane over this!
    Best,
    Liz

Hello @Lizluzz
    I am sorry that you are having this issue
    Coulld you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    Dxdiag:
    h.t.t.p://pastebin.com/ymUR4WsW

Hello
    I am sorry :( but your computer system details doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to play the base game and packs.
    You have a weaker processor than is recommended. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the issues.
    I am so sorry :( Some things to do are try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Try lowering the graphics settings.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
    Really? That sucks! :sweat: It's just so strange that it worked perfectly before I bought the City Living pack. Anyway, you were really helpful, thank you. Ill is trying the laptop mode and the windowed mode. Again thank you so much.
    Sorry to bring this up again, but if I have more space free on my computer would that help? Is there anything I can do to upgrade my laptop?
    Really? That plum! :sweat: It's just so strange that it worked perfectly before I bought the City Living pack. Anyway, you were really helpful, thank you. Ill is trying the laptop mode and the windowed mode. Again thank you so much.
    If you continue to have issues, you could try disabling the City Living pack and see if that helps the issue
    could try disabling the pack and see if that helps.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
    Sorry to bring this up again, but if I have more space free on my computer would that help? Is there anything I can do to upgrade my laptop?

You are unable to upgrade the processor or graphics card on a laptop. I am sorry :(
    It would be also good to go to the support section on the Dell website, search for your laptop model, and then update your drivers.
  • berucratberucrat Posts: 4 New Member
    When I had this probalem my biggest issue was that one of my mods was out of date. I suggest completely removing all mids and adding script mids in one by one to see if that is the problem. Another thing you could try is to take your game off of laptop mode because this could be elongating your loading screens and making them seem infinite. My last suggestion is to disable/ uninstall your packs and add them back one by one to see if there is an issue with any of them. Good luck!
  • GabbigiiGabbigii Posts: 3 New Member
    I apologize for bringing this back up, but I'm having the same issue, and I've tried everything.. I have no idea what's causing this
    Gabbigii wrote: »
    I apologize for bringing this back up, but I'm having the same issue, and I've tried everything.. I have no idea what's causing this

Hello @Gabbigii
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and test to see if the issue remains.

There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top
    > @rosemow said:
    > Gabbigii wrote: »
    >
    > I apologize for bringing this back up, but I'm having the same issue, and I've tried everything.. I have no idea what's causing this
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Gabbigii
    > There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    > This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    >
    It didn't work, and it keeps coming up saying "Error code: 123:9d5d0e8f:b1d3c02d"
    > @rosemow said:
    > Gabbigii wrote: »
    >
    > I apologize for bringing this back up, but I'm having the same issue, and I've tried everything.. I have no idea what's causing this
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Gabbigii
    > There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    > This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    >
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    >
    It didn't work, and it keeps coming up saying "Error code: 123:9d5d0e8f:b1d3c02d"

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if you can load that save game version.. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version.
    it's one of my custom content items, but I'm not sure which
    it's one of my custom content items, but I'm not sure which

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • Lovelayla56Lovelayla56 Posts: 1 New Member
    None of my households will load.I took my mods folder out and my game started working again.Then I exited the game and put them back in and it wouldn't work again.How can this be fixed without me having to get all new cc
    edited June 2018
    None of my households will load.I took my mods folder out and my game started working again.Then I exited the game and put them back in and it wouldn't work again.How can this be fixed without me having to get all new cc
    Hello @Lovelayla56

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

There has been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder. Exit the game. Then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • SpicyLinesSpicyLines Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! So like everyone else, I'm starting to have these issues as well. It really started the day before the Seasons pack released, so yesterday.

The game runs fine when I go to make new families in CAS; it's once I move them onto a lot or try to enter world management that the game goes into an infinite loading state. I've also tried just loading previous saves, and it'll load up the world, but once I select a family to play, it goes back to infinite loading.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting the game, repairing the game, restarting Origin, disabling in-game Origin, and removing mods/CC. The game still bunks out and gets stuck on loading eternally. I'm really hoping it's not the Seasons pack, I'll be really disappointed :cry:

I've done a DxDiag as well, but I can't really tell how to diagnose any problems with it but hopefully someone can help (h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/BM63uffz)

In the mean time, I'll try any other things I can think of, I really wanna play my game again!
    SpicyLines wrote: »
    Hello! So like everyone else, I'm starting to have these issues as well. It really started the day before the Seasons pack released, so yesterday.

The game runs fine when I go to make new families in CAS; it's once I move them onto a lot or try to enter world management that the game goes into an infinite loading state. I've also tried just loading previous saves, and it'll load up the world, but once I select a family to play, it goes back to infinite loading.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting the game, repairing the game, restarting Origin, disabling in-game Origin, and removing mods/CC. The game still bunks out and gets stuck on loading eternally. I'm really hoping it's not the Seasons pack, I'll be really disappointed :cry:

I've done a DxDiag as well, but I can't really tell how to diagnose any problems with it but hopefully someone can help (h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/BM63uffz)

In the mean time, I'll try any other things I can think of, I really wanna play my game again!

Hello
    Try updating your graphics drivers and see if that helps.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues

Try playing in windowed mode and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • SpicyLinesSpicyLines Posts: 2 New Member
    So I followed your advice, and it turns out just deleting the Options file and booting up the game did the trick! You're a Sim-life saver, thank you!! :heart:
    SpicyLines wrote: »
    So I followed your advice, and it turns out just deleting the Options file and booting up the game did the trick! You're a Sim-life saver, thank you!! :heart:

You’re welcome :)
  • That_cupcake_789That_cupcake_789 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi the same problem is happening to me, but either I have an infinite loading screen or once i click play on a house hold it loads and brings me back to the Pick a world screen. I use mods and CC . I tried taking them out and it worked, but I would really like to have them in my game. Is there another way for me to get it to work?
    Hi the same problem is happening to me, but either I have an infinite loading screen or once i click play on a house hold it loads and brings me back to the Pick a world screen. I use mods and CC . I tried taking them out and it worked, but I would really like to have them in my game. Is there another way for me to get it to work?

Hello
    Try checking the list to see if any of your mods are listed on the list as broken or has an updated version to install

Also, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    There has been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
  • Daatadeen17Daatadeen17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey there, it's also worth mentioning that it could be something in your script folder if the above solutions dont work for you. I couldn't understand why my game wasnt working when i realized I didn't have the latest version of mc command center. So, if all else fails check your script folder.