Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 infinite loading screen

I didn't have problems until I installed jungle adventures.

Every time I want to start the sims I get a infinite loading screen after I pressed on the play button to play with my household.

I tried updating the game.
I updated the mods, removed duplicate mods and removed old versions of new mods.
I used mod conflict detector to check all the mods I have but none of them are broken.
I tried opening the sims with run as administrator but it doesn't fix the problem.
I tried repair game.
I tried without mods.
I tried opening it with origin.
I tried to open it without origin.
I edited the size of the window in the settings to a small window.
I tried to replace the game folder with bin in it with a so called fixed version on the internet
i opened the game after a while and still have the problem.

Its only when I try to load up my household if I click on their house and click on the play button.

The only option I have left is trying to move the household into a new house and then removing them back in their old house
if that doesn't fix it I will need to wait until there's a new update.

The only things I can do when I start the game.
is going to gallery which also has errors, all my creations on my page is removed.
I don't know if I can create sims but I think I can.

Anyone who has the same problem and if so how did you fix it?

I have this problem since jungle adventures came out.
I really want to try out jungle adventures.
I'm very frustrated right now because I keep getting a infinite loading screen when I want to play with my household.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello
    If you haven’t already done this, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. You may have just disabled the mods and not tested with removing the whole mods folder.

Try moving your sims to another home in another world and see if the issue occurs when loading them there.
    If your sims live in SanMyshuno try moving them to another world as simmers have had some similar issues there.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • stargirlvampirestargirlvampire Posts: 7 New Member
    I fixed it

I moved my household to a another house
    and then I removed them back to their original house

the only thing that I had lost was the furniture in the house
    so I redecorated the house again

I can play again
    but it lags sometimes but I don't mind the lagging
  • Talyn82Talyn82 Posts: 7 New Member
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. But I've been having the infinite loading screen bug since I bought the Vampires addon. It happens on the load screen before the main menu. If I try to access the task manager to shut it down it freezes, forcing me to manually shutting off the PC, which I hate doing. I usually fixed it by removing the EA folder from documents to desktop and launching the game. Which it then would start normally. I'd let the game generate a new EA folder, then I would exit the game. I take the mods from the old EA folder on the desktop and put it in the new EA folder in documents. Then when I would restart the game it would run as normal. I have to do this every time I boot up my PC and want to play. But this time the above method does not work. It freezes with or without the mods folder.
    Talyn82 wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. But I've been having the infinite loading screen bug since I bought the Vampires addon. It happens on the load screen before the main menu. If I try to access the task manager to shut it down it freezes, forcing me to manually shutting off the PC, which I hate doing. I usually fixed it by removing the EA folder from documents to desktop and launching the game. Which it then would start normally. I'd let the game generate a new EA folder, then I would exit the game. I take the mods from the old EA folder on the desktop and put it in the new EA folder in documents. Then when I would restart the game it would run as normal. I have to do this every time I boot up my PC and want to play. But this time the above method does not work. It freezes with or without the mods folder.

Hello @Talyn82
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode and see if that helps the issue
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Talyn82Talyn82 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi Rosemow, I disabled Origin from interfering with the game as you said and it worked. Thanks once again. :)

Edit: If you still want my dxdiag I'll do as you say. In case I have another problem. :)
    edited April 2018
    Talyn82 wrote: »
    Hi Rosemow, I disabled Origin from interfering with the game as you said and it worked. Thanks once again. :)

Edit: If you still want my dxdiag I'll do as you say. In case I have another problem. :)

It is good that the issue is now fixed @Talyn82 :) You don’t need to post your DXDiag information.
  • TorreymollerTorreymoller Posts: 1 New Member
    Putting this in, I have no packs and I checked all my mods and my loading screen when I create a sim and move her into a house or load up the household to play it does not load and I need help
    Putting this in, I have no packs and I checked all my mods and my loading screen when I create a sim and move her into a house or load up the household to play it does not load and I need help

Hello @Torreymoller
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • lloveyyysimsslloveyyysimss Posts: 3 New Member
    hi i have the same problem that you guys have i tried renewing my EA folder and that didn't work i have all stuff packs and extensions up to the vampires and toddlers update please help everything seems fine in the game till i try to open a household and i get an infinite loading screen i do use mods and i tried taking them out completely and turning off origin please help me i really want to play my sims.
    hi i have the same problem that you guys have i tried renewing my EA folder and that didn't work i have all stuff packs and extensions up to the vampires and toddlers update please help everything seems fine in the game till i try to open a household and i get an infinite loading screen i do use mods and i tried taking them out completely and turning off origin please help me i really want to play my sims.

Hello @lloveyyysimss
    Try starting a fresh new save game and testing to see if you have issues when trying to load a household in that new save game.
    Also make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate. Try lowering your graphics settings. Try playing in windowed mode.
  • thatsparklegurlthatsparklegurl Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello. I never got the infinite loading screen until i moved all my data from my pc to my laptop. At first i thought this was the result of bad cc or mods but after removing all the ones that were affecting my game it still had the infinite loading screen.I removed my mod folder,started a new game,and made sure everything was up to date. I cant even load a household or create a new one. all i can do is start up the game. also for some reason my game isnt even showing up in my game library in origin. I dont know what it could be and why this never happened on my PC.
    edited May 2018
    Hello. I never got the infinite loading screen until i moved all my data from my pc to my laptop. At first i thought this was the result of bad cc or mods but after removing all the ones that were affecting my game it still had the infinite loading screen.I removed my mod folder,started a new game,and made sure everything was up to date. I cant even load a household or create a new one. all i can do is start up the game. also for some reason my game isnt even showing up in my game library in origin. I dont know what it could be and why this never happened on my PC.

Hello @thatsparklegurl
    Your sims 4 game should be showing in games library in origin. Do you start the game through the desktop icon instead?
    Do you have much free hard drive space on the drive that you have installed the sims 4 on , on your laptop?
  • aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Hi there!

Here are some questions to ask which could help out:
    -What are your computer specs?
    -What OS are you running on?
    -Have you checked out the repair option in Origin?
    -Have you deleted the game and reinstalled?
    And so on.

Please remember to check the amount of storage you have on your computer, the available memory, your RAM, etc.
  • xkimuraxkimura Posts: 6 New Member
    I have the same problem and keep getting it, first I had an issue with sims being pitch black but that is fixed but now my game is stuck on the loading screen when i place a new building or when I press play to start playing with a household.
    What i've done so far
    - Removing all mods
    - Replacing the whole sims4 file so a new one was created and tried the same thing with a new family/game/no mods etc.
    - repairing didnt help
    My specs of my laptop are quite high (Windows) so I sincerely doubt that is the problem.
    Any other suggestions?
    xkimura wrote: »
    I have the same problem and keep getting it, first I had an issue with sims being pitch black but that is fixed but now my game is stuck on the loading screen when i place a new building or when I press play to start playing with a household.
    What i've done so far
    - Removing all mods
    - Replacing the whole sims4 file so a new one was created and tried the same thing with a new family/game/no mods etc.
    - repairing didnt help
    My specs of my laptop are quite high (Windows) so I sincerely doubt that is the problem.
    Any other suggestions?

Hello @xkimura
    Just to check to see if there may be something that can help you, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    Alright, Hope I did it right.
    h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/wXw45aEL
    That should be it :)
    h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/wXw45aEL

Hello
    You may be having these issues as you don’t have a dedicated graphics card . You have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer.
    You are also getting lower in free hard drive space on the C Drive. It would be good to free up more hard drive space on the C drive. Or intall the game and your Documents folder on the D drive.
    Try also going to the Asustek site, search for your computer model, and download/update your graphics drivers.
    Some other things to do is to play in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Lower your graphics settings.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

the settings are already on the lowest and I already play in laptop mode and installed the game and stuff on my D drive and have origin turned off :)

ill try to update my graphics driver then! thank you.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    https://pastebin.com/wXw45aEL

I can't seem to find the right version i need to update my driver, it cant find my laptop model somehow. Is there anything else I can try?
    I can't seem to find the right version i need to update my driver, it cant find my laptop model somehow. Is there anything else I can try?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com
    > @xkimura said:
    > I can't seem to find the right version i need to update my driver, it cant find my laptop model somehow. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi!

Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling? That could help fix the issue. If not, this might sound crazy but resetting your computer could fix the problem. If you are hesitant to do so, you can back up important files onto a flash drive and import the files back onto your computer or contact EA Help. Dag dag!
    aidansays wrote: »
    > @xkimura said:
    > I can't seem to find the right version i need to update my driver, it cant find my laptop model somehow. Is there anything else I can try?

Hi!

Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling? That could help fix the issue. If not, this might sound crazy but resetting your computer could fix the problem. If you are hesitant to do so, you can back up important files onto a flash drive and import the files back onto your computer or contact EA Help. Dag dag!

I would not advise resetting their computer. Their computer does not meet requirements to run the game , They probably need a new computer to play on if updating their video card does not help
    aidansays wrote: »
    > @xkimura said:

Hi!

I would not advise resetting their computer. Their computer does not meet requirements to run the game , They probably need a new computer to play on if updating their video card does not help

Ah, okay! I just read their specs right as you said that. Dag dag!