The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❤ Chasing Hearts ❤ - Chapter 99 - 18OCT

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @xJojox Hello there! :) I'm wondering if I need to read Fine Lines first or can I start with this one? I'm up to chapter 8 now. When I came here to bookmark I saw that this is a continuation of Fine Lines. Loving what I have read so far in Chasing Hearts! <3
    Fine Lines was great! I would recommend it for sure! You can read it on the forums or her word press blog.

I have heard that before from @pammiechick I just haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe this week if I can find time. I've had it bookmarked for a long time! 100 chapters just seems so daunting but I guess I've tackled more than that before.

I know...I always worry about that. Sean makes an appearance part of the way in...he is a spin off.
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @xJojox Hello there! :) I'm wondering if I need to read Fine Lines first or can I start with this one? I'm up to chapter 8 now. When I came here to bookmark I saw that this is a continuation of Fine Lines. Loving what I have read so far in Chasing Hearts! <3
    Fine Lines was great! I would recommend it for sure! You can read it on the forums or her word press blog.

I have heard that before from @pammiechick I just haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe this week if I can find time. I've had it bookmarked for a long time! 100 chapters just seems so daunting but I guess I've tackled more than that before.

You do not have to read Fine Lines. Chasing Hearts is its own story ... BUT if you wanna know a little more about Sean he is in that too and so is @pammiechick self sim. But yes you are right 200 chapters is definitely a long haul! And It depends on the kinds of stories you like. Fine Lines is about a bunch of teenagers and young adults and Chasing Hearts is based around more mature adults (late 20's early 30's)

If your ever looking for a massive 1 week binge read, then go to http://finelinesweb.wordpress.com

Thankyou for reading Chasing Hearts <3 You can also find it on my wordpress and tumblr.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I actually started Fine Lines once a long time ago so I hope to catch up with all of you soon! I already have it bookmarked but thought it was only 100 chapters. 200 seems even more daunting but I will give it a shot! :)
    edited April 2018
    @haswh Good luck with giving it a good shot! No expectations.
    You have caught Chasing Hearts right at the start ... So its really a good place to be before it develops over 50 chapters or something!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    RIP to the young simmers of tomorrow who'll have to plow through both competed stories though, lol
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    xJojox wrote: »
    @InfraGreen BUT is it worth it is the question?

Yes but they'll definitely have to take some long, deep breaths when it's over :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @haswh @InfraGreen @xJojox Oh goodness I still remember binge-reading Fine Lines :joy: Certainly an achievement, but I'm glad to be in for Chasing Hearts from the beginning :p
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    yes you were a late comer werent you :) i think you came in about the mid 150s-160s
    Chapter 11 - All Is Fair In Love And War

It didn’t even occur to me that I left Starbucks without a tea or food. I was completely lost in the moment of seeing Pammie again … that nothing actually mattered for the five minutes she was in my presence. I turned back several times until I saw her come out of Starbucks and jump in a taxi.

LM4KAj4.jpg

I rushed back to the Hyatt and noticed Beth skipping over to me straightening her hair.
    “Mister Hyatt… I have your messages,” she said waving papers at me.
    “Yep, read and walk love…” I said as she kept up with me as I entered the elevator. I was a little out of my mind actually, I could hear Beth talking and rattling off my messages and meetings but nothing was really coherent.
    “Sir, Sir … Sean!?” she said trying to snap me to attention. She gave me a questioning look and titled her head to the side. I finally gave her eye contact and smiled weakly, “Beth darling, I need you to make a reservation for 2 at Le Gavroche on Saturday…” I asked as the elevator arrived at my floor. I signalled her to follow and she walked a step behind me tapping on her phone before pressing the phone to her ear. Once I got into my suite I gestured Beth to come in and I stood at the bench feeling a little strange. I was having a build-up of feelings and I didn’t know how to react to them.

Pammie literally had me in a blur.

I only sat with her for a few minutes but it was enough to make my heart swell … and deflate at the same time. She was married and I was beginning to wonder what would have happened if I never left London all them years ago.
    “There fully booked …” Beth said gritting her teeth.

b85ma0H.png

“They are always fully booked love, I’ll write you a cheque and you can pull some strings. I need to take someone to the best place in London.” I replied. Beth nodded and started writing stuff down in her book while I disappeared into the bathroom. I stood at the mirror for a moment and splashed my face a few times.
    “Are you okay?” Beth asked appearing in the doorway with a glass of water.

ps6V2iY.png

I looked at my reflection and shrugged sighing out not really wanting to show any emotion. I walked past her glass and plonked on the couch,
    “Pour us both a wine or something heavier love…” Beth quirked an eyebrow at first but walked to the kitchen grabbing a bottle from the fridge.
    “I saw a ghost today. And she’s married. Beth … I may have shagged a lot of women but never any married ones. Not to my knowledge anyway…”
    “Excuse me for being blunt … but doesn’t your time with women expire after a night?”
    “Not this one. I had a feeling once. And it’s back. But I can’t have her…” I said leaning forward. Beth finally came over and delivered my drink and parked next to me on the couch.

MLMzupZ.png

“I say push her …but tread carefully. If she’s happily married you’ll know what she wants soon enough. Otherwise all is fair in love and war.“
    “I mean would you agree to have dinner with me if you were happily married?” I asked.
    “No.” There was a nagging thought in my head wondering why she actually agreed in the first place.

Was it because of our history? Or was she having the same feelings as I was.

I got up off the lounge realising I had a business meeting with Gary in less than 30 minutes and I nearly had lost focus to why I was having it.
    “Okay now organise that table, and tell Mister Hasse I will meet him in the board room when he arrives…” Beth got up from the lounge and placed her empty glass on the table before walking towards to the door.
    “Hey Beth…” I said softly.
    “Yes?” she smiled.
    “Thanks for the talk love…” She almost did a small curtsy before nodding sweetly.

3D4I9Pk.png

“Anytime Mr Hyatt…” she said. As she exited the room I grabbed the notes she had left behind on the table realising that Samara had been calling again. I put her number on block the day before but there was no shaking this woman. I didn’t need my face on a magazine with Samara and Pammie seeing it.

I wanted to be the most available I could be… Just in case.
    Well...as I said on WordPress, she already saw him with Samara...and she’s gonna be the one plastering it in the gossip mags! Or maybe not.....but she knows him and believed he wasn’t anything...and, Beth? She’s attracted to him isn’t she. Well who wouldn’t be...can’t wait for the lunch meeting...will Pammie be able to resist. Sean’s gonna make it hard.
    Chapter 12 - The Office Tart

My meeting at 1pm came around so I focused myself and straightened my tie going over a few things in my head and what I needed to say to Gary Hasse. He asked for the time off to be with his wife, but I needed him back. I didn’t need some manipulative public relations secretary trying to run the show. She could not have a seat at the table, even if she was filling in. She really had no right and she was very mildly qualified to be there in the first place after I had Beth look into her for me.

As I arrived in the board room Gary walked over to me and shook my hand steadily and respectfully.

MneMRGJ.png

I sat back in my chair and let out a heavy sigh feeling a little bad about asking him to return. Even after knowing his wife hadn’t given birth yet.
    “Hey Gary, how have you been?” Gary nodded quickly before answering,
    “Yeah the break has been quite refreshing…”
    “Good, good. How’s your wife?” I quizzed.
    “Yes she’s great too. Any day now … were both really excited.”
    “Look, now why I called this meeting is that I seem to be having some personal issues with Mrs Messina. I really need you back Gary. I know this puts you in a difficult position mate, but I think its best. I can give you the time off of course, but Monday’s are just not an option. I need your head back at the table…” Gary gulped hard and his voice trembled for a moment. His eyes darted around the room nervously and I was beginning to think there was some kind of problem. Before this Gary was a workaholic and a very talented man at what he did.
    “Is there a something wrong?” I asked firmly.
    “I … I can’t leave my wife Sean. It’s a difficult time for us…”
    “I understand, but I’m asking for once a week. I mean if you can’t pull out once a week during this time with your wife, I may have to find someone to replace you…”

Hymn46R.png

“Oh no please Sean, I really need this job…” he said nervously.
    “Gary. Mate… can we be frank?”
    “Of course Sean. Of course…” he said as he gritted his teeth.
    “Are you having problems at home or with Miss Messina?”
    “If we are being frank, can I be honest and have a very private conversation with you?”
    “Yes…” I nodded.
    “I made a mistake. I uh ….” He paused placing his head down. “Please don’t tell my wife. I was seduced by Josie. I don’t know how it happened but she gathered security footage from the foyer of our offices and blackmailed me with them…” I screwed up my entire expression and watched Gary place a hand over his face obviously embarrassed.

Ds2pOT9.png

So not just me … she was obviously the office tart.

“Oh for goodness sake, in exchange for what?” I said shaking my head.
    “Uhm, my seat. To basically be employed by you. She told me if she got fired she would tell my wife, I am just in such a bind with all this,” Gary said seemingly upset. I knew exactly how he felt in a way. I too was seduced by this woman, but I let her do it willingly. But this woman was so driven she wanted to manipulate any situation to get what she wanted. Only I could promote her realistically and now that I knew what she was playing at, I decided I needed to do something to side step this problem. Even though Gary had made this mistake, I knew what was at stake and I wanted to try and help him.

F1XyGMj.png

“Look I think maybe we can work around this and have our meetings later in the day. I can pass messages onto Josie that board meetings have been cancelled until further notice to see if I can sort this situation out. I could perhaps offer her another position that will keep you out of her line of fire… and out of my way as well.”
    “Would you? I know she wants what she wants … but a promotion of sorts might just take the heat off. I would be very grateful…” Gary said sounding relieved.

IOXV9Lz.png

“I’ll see what I can do. I will arrange board meetings for 1pm. I expect you here next Monday. I will talk to Josie myself…” I said getting up from my chair. Gary smiled and leaned over the table and shook my hand gratefully.
    “Thank you Sean…” He said before he turned to leave.

I just prayed she didn’t have anything on me… other board members were just looking for an excuse to out me.

Don’t forget to read chapter 11, there has been a double update today.

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2018
    I just noticed the difference between this chapter title here and on Tumblr. You crack me up, Jo. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I just noticed the difference between this chapter title here and on Tumblr. You crack me up, Jo. :D

Tee hee...

I’m glad Sean took charge of the situation and Gary trusted him enough to be honest. That will help establish Sean as a true leader, I hope! :/ Hopefully he can work something out. But keeping her around isn’t a good idea. But now they are in a sit where she may have the upper hand. But I bet Sean can find some dirt on her.
    edited April 2018
    Some people might hate that bond of manhood about protecting ones mistakes. But it's not about that bcoz it has nothing to do with Sean really... he felt manipulated by this woman too.

@Maladi777 haha yeah i can get away with tart lol
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh goodness...Pammie, you weave those lies and now Sean can’t think of anyone else! I’m sure Samara or Beth will try to force Pammie out of your brain, or maybe someone else will come along?

Cannot wait for the dinner!

And now, that poor man, Gary! That little tart needs to be fired! Ugh!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    My goodness Josie! :joy: Girl you aren't working on winning your boss's (or anyone else's) sympathies. Trade-off for a better position :expressionless: I'm for kicking her entirely out, the promotion to get her out of the way should only be for a limited time until they've thought of something else that is also lawyer-proof. Because she would totalle ensnare a lawyer and go to court.
    Beth is a lovely assistant. Levelheaded, determined, yet still human and plainly honest. She sure can manage Sean (and his appointments).
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    He needed a new Abz. Someone older, more in control ... and his assistant is 45 and almost a motherly figure.
    He needed a new Abz. Someone older, more in control ... and his assistant is 45 and almost a motherly figure.
    Ahhh...didn’t think she was older. In fact thought she might have been younger. Aggod thing...he doesn’t need any more distractions. He needs someone to manage him. Lol
    Chapter 13 - Following Suit

PAMMIE POV

I arrived back at headquarters feeling a little bit guilty about what I had done. I was on the fence about the pictures knowing that they would get me out of trouble with the boss. But I didn’t want to produce them knowing I should be on Sean’s side. It was Sean … I couldn’t play him like this, even if he had plans to play me. I was so confused about the date we half planned, even though my heart was totally in it … and I had already mentally picked out a dress.

Sean seemed to cast a spell over me, that made me want to say yes to everything.

Just to be around him was special. The way he talked, the way he carried himself and the way he treated me made me crave him and want him again.

Once I sat at my desk I put my head down and tried to do my work but I knew I couldn’t get the interview with Sean because he would know I knew about Samara … and I didn’t want him to know that I knew about them. Not yet.

zsaDV5k.png

I was interrupted by my thoughts by a perky young girl approaching my desk,
    “Hey I’m Melody. Your new? I heard you got assigned the Sean Hyatt story…” she smiled.
    “Yeah I did…” I said almost trying to ignore her and clicking about my mouse looking productive. She didn’t even ask me my name, she just seemed interested about what story I was doing.
    “I met the guy last week. By accident actually. I didn’t get the interview though…” she said sitting on the side of my desk looking as if she was drifting off in a dream.
    “Oh? I haven’t met him yet…” I lied shrugging my shoulders.
    “Well I got thrown from the assignment needless to say. I completely forgot about the interview and the next thing I knew I was being wined and dined by a hotel mogul…” she said looking all starry eyed.

ynpG27W.png

“So you didn’t get the story after the all the … dining?” I said gritting my teeth.
    “Uhm. No. I guess I was just too busy doing other things…” she said laughing walking backwards to her desk.

Ugh whatever. I bet she just came to gloat.

I wondered for a moment why I would try and protect him anyway? He was obviously having sex everything that had a pulse and a skirt. It made me stick the small memory card from my phone into my computer and copy the pictures I took today. Once I had the pictures off my phone I started a document and began to write a gossip story that people would crave to read.

AFVPhe9.png

I spent more than 20 minutes angry writing before I sat back in my chair and held my finger on the delete button. I leaned my head back feeling defeated about my devious and conniving actions.

I couldn’t do it. I just didn’t have that malicious side whatsoever.

2R8a9xx.jpg

If anything I had to call him and tell him what I had and knowing that if it wasn’t me, it could be someone else doing this to him. I had to be honest … or at least try to be about what I had done… I googled The Hyatt’s main offices and decided I would go to there to avoid seeing the boss. I knew if he saw me there was a chance he would ask me about Sean’s interview. And I didn’t need that kind of pressure on my first day.

cavsswu.png

I left headquarters just as quick as I arrived and took the first taxi off the curb. I almost couldn’t justify why I was doing this. I had barely been out of his presence for an hour and I had this addictive need to be around him again. I hadn’t even rang him to say yes to a dinner date with him yet, but Sean made me feel this way. Like a ridiculous and desperate fool. I wanted to feel like I was better than all these women that were falling into his arms, and make him chase me because falling into his arms was so easy.

But … I was about to get wined and dined just like Melody. Why was I allowing myself to be hurt?
    I am glad she decided against it, but now that is was written and on the conmpamy computer...I wonder if someone will find it looking for her and grab it before she can stop it. That would be terrible. Or she will get to the hotel and he will be with someone else....so many things could go wrong here..... :anguished:
    I bet Mel has seen the article or at least Pammie working on it and figured it would belong to the Sean story. Now if there isn't any to be published she will wonder and ask or do researches on Pammie's computer on her own - and if the article isn't hidden well of course she'll find it. Then she either sends it to her boss which will make Pammie look very, very bad in front of Sean and of course ruin their dinner if he finds out earlier - or she will tell Sean herself without having it published. If she is manipulative or career-driven enough.
    However, we don't know much about her yet so no idea if there aren't other possibilities for her to act within character.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Not over think the office ... tart lol. :) She might be just a nobody and put there to get under pammie's skin.
    There are worse villian's in chasing hearts to worry about ... they are yet to play their ards and it should unfold in the next chapter or two.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Not over think the office ... tart lol. :) She might be just a nobody and put there to get under pammie's skin.
    There are worse villian's in chasing hearts to worry about ... they are yet to play their ards and it should unfold in the next chapter or two.

Teasing us, are you? :) When is the next chapter coming?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi

Wanttoknowwanttoknowwanttoknow :scream:
    Well the villains could be Samira :D because she's simply unlikable, or Pammie's ex. I dunno I if he even will reappear but not impossible (maybe?)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26