Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2018 (Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Looks like we may be getting a patch next week. Other then new outfits I only expect bug fixes.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    The temple in Jungle Adventure has a painted ceiling - it's not plain white. I want this ability for ALL buildings and I really hope it's in the next patch!

Ooooooooooh I need me some of that!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    The temple in Jungle Adventure has a painted ceiling - it's not plain white. I want this ability for ALL buildings and I really hope it's in the next patch!

Yes! Please! But maybe they can't do it easily like in TS3 where you could just select a wood floor or something and place it on the ceiling because of limitations. :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Note it's now looking as though you 'll have to download those outfits from the gallery.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Oh yeah, someone mentioned that when they saw the trailer or livestream. I honestly don't know why we have ceilings, but we can't recolor them. This would be a really nice feature to have.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I don't play FF but I certainly don't mind incorporating some of the eccentric fashion into my saves. wish we'd score a few more outfits from the game too.
    6riwm5.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I wish we could also get Gentiana's attire too. But alas...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited March 2018
    You can actually find the painted ceiling in the debug menu so I doubt they would patch it in.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    The outfits should be good for geek con to add variety to the star wars ones

As someone above already said it would be fantastic to have the ability to paint ceilings!
    Other than than I am content with general bug fixes
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    You can actually find the painted ceiling in the debug menu so I doubt they would patch it in.

So it's considered an object in-game? That's interesting. One of these days they need to make proper paintable ceilings. I don't know why that's hard, since ceilings already exist. They just need the floor tiling functionality copied over. But then again, I'm not a game dev, so who's to say? :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    rinre33 wrote: »

As someone above already said it would be fantastic to have the ability to paint ceilings!

Sad we still don't have any Stormtrooper Outfits.
  • chocbookchocbook Posts: 25 Member
    Fingers crossed for paintable ceilings as a proper feature, it would really help with the aesthetic of some of my rooms that i build :)
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I've had a pretty thorough look but I can't find the painted ceiling in debug. Does anyone have any clues about finding it?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »

Sad we still don't have any Stormtrooper Outfits.

Nooo!! I hate those Star Wars outfits, we need the option to disable or uninstall them!

Most of the things that have been annoying me lately (mainly from Parenthood) have settled down quite a bit since the last patch, or it could just be that I've started a new game which hasn't had time for those annoyances to manifest themselves, but there's still a few things I'd like to see changed/fixed, mostly in CAS.

-Festival wear is still unacceptable. Either use an existing category, or add categories to let us design our festival outfits.

-Allow us to change hair accessory colors independent of the hair color itself.

-If we can't have a color wheel, at least do a better job of color matching tops & bottoms.

-Option to toggle on/off vampires & other life states.

-Stop having children enter the "I"m a bear" phase while household is inactive. I don't mind seeing children in bear suits running around town, but I do mind seeing sad children moping around everywhere.

-Patch in bunk beds (hey, worth a shot)

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    I just want to be able to choose when and when not to have foundation
  • BjDabomb24BjDabomb24 Posts: 15 Member
    > @rhysbarrett8 said:
    > I just want to be able to choose when and when not to have foundation
    >

I mean this is all I want as well!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I'm scared they're going to nerf more features i paid for because someone feels uncomfortable with them.
    I just want my bowler hat for males back.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

BRING. BACK. THE. HAT. EA has disrespected us long enough. . .

but for the patch I'm thinking this surprise teaser might be part of it. hoping the skintones get their fix also. and the other billion things that need a fix.
    6riwm5.png

BRING. BACK. THE. HAT. EA has disrespected us long enough. . .

but for the patch I'm thinking this surprise teaser might be part of it. hoping the skintones get their fix also. and the other billion things that need a fix.

Don't forget those PJ pants from Parenthood that they broke!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2018
    ???

EA Maxis did nothing for EA BioWare's Mass Effect: Andromeda in 2017, why they do something for a Square Enix's game ?
    Well if the small animal pack releases next week we get the March Patch Thursday.
    Well if the small animal pack releases next week we get the March Patch Thursday.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting any of this at all. But if this patch means we'll get a lot of fixes, I'm all for it.