Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking Jungle Adventures so far?

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Its was worth it!
    kemisz wrote: »
    Okay so I like it a lot. It's different and fun and vibrant.

I guess my one complaint is that even going there is expensive. The cheapest place to rent is over $200 a night and the bugs will attack you at the house, giving a chance to make you sick. I had to go back on vacation after returning home because the sickness wouldn't go away on its own and I needed a cure. Then the Lightning sprays, fire sprays, spider sprays etc all cost a bomb and you have to wait around for them to generate unless you want to cut your adventuring short to revive your sims.

SO whilst I'm having lots of fun, my sims are super poor now. And it's hard when you're not really one to cheat money. I feel like I got my save as ready as I could for Jungle Adventure and all my sim's savings are gone after two trips (one out of necessity).

Although the archaeological finds will supplement some of it if you're lucky with what you find.

Vacations are expensive in real life. Especially a vacation of this nature. This is something that your sims could work and save towards which is nice in a game where once you reach a certain level of money there isn't a lot to actually spend on it.

@Sharee you don't need to do anything to use the spider repellent your sims will do it for themselves if they have it on them and a spider appears.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I'm bored of it already.
    3KNPen wrote: »

I guess my one complaint is that even going there is expensive. The cheapest place to rent is over $200 a night and the bugs will attack you at the house, giving a chance to make you sick. I had to go back on vacation after returning home because the sickness wouldn't go away on its own and I needed a cure. Then the Lightning sprays, fire sprays, spider sprays etc all cost a bomb and you have to wait around for them to generate unless you want to cut your adventuring short to revive your sims.

SO whilst I'm having lots of fun, my sims are super poor now. And it's hard when you're not really one to cheat money. I feel like I got my save as ready as I could for Jungle Adventure and all my sim's savings are gone after two trips (one out of necessity).

Although the archaeological finds will supplement some of it if you're lucky with what you find.

Vacations are expensive in real life. Especially a vacation of this nature. This is something that your sims could work and save towards which is nice in a game where once you reach a certain level of money there isn't a lot to actually spend on it.

@Sharee you don't need to do anything to use the spider repellent your sims will do it for themselves if they have it on them and a spider appears.

weird. my sims just do the "stand still and hope they go away" thing
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Sharee wrote: »
    I had kinda low expectations going into it, and they were hardly met lol.
    I guess that comes from me being a world adventures fiend, as recently as a week ago i was tomb raiding on ts3.

I find the fact we cant catch any of the bugs, lizards or snakes to be a let down, the vendor system too. The fact that things are being sold at tables instead of an actual store to be annoying. I buy these "spider repellent" but it doesnt give me an option to even use them just "place in world", not sure if thats just me.
    Also, i went to a vendor to buy "supplies" and it was all outdoor retreat item and cats and dogs items, we cant even bring our pets with us, why is it selling pet items?

IN SAYING THAT, its visually my favorite area in the sims 4 yet. Very very pretty. I love the crashed plane in one of the areas.

You can bring your pets. I've brought my dog the first time but it was too hard with him there the 2nd time I left him at home.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Its was worth it!

weird. my sims just do the "stand still and hope they go away" thing

I think it depends on your sims skills I know if you have high logic your sims will know to stand still and wait till they leave you alone.

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited February 2018
    Its was worth it!
    I never got to see the livestream or any videos other than the trailer. I just had my Sims take a vacation there for three days and I really enjoyed it. I have yet to see what CAS items are in there, but based on what I saw in one of the homes they stayed in I really like the Spanish style build/buy items it came with.

I think I might want to renovate one of the homes in Oasis Springs in the 'hood where Don Lothario and the Calientes are.

I also brought the family cat along. That was fun!
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    All I can say is, it sure makes up for *shudder* laundry.
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Well, so far I like it--though I didn't get much chance to explore yet. I went on vacation for 7 days, and did not intend to take my pets. Well-I think there may be a glitch as I did not click on their icons to take them--but once I arrived, there they both were, at my destination. This made it hard, as I did not have a bowl or anything along for them. I had to go to the market & then go into build mode to buy a bowl. I had to place it in the market, as I couldn't put it into my inventory, then call my critters to come and eat. All was well until we went exploring. Soon after starting, both my cat & dog were bitten by a squirrel. They needed to see a vet & I had no medicine on me. So, I had to cut my vacation really short--go home & take them to the vet. I got the dog cured, but am having trouble with the cat. The vet continues to see her, but doesn't diagnose anything--though she is obviously sick. I have tried 3 times now. But--I am sure the vet thing is probably another thread issue?

I can't wait to get back to exploring (without my pets).
    Its was worth it!
    I guess that comes from me being a world adventures fiend, as recently as a week ago i was tomb raiding on ts3.

I find the fact we cant catch any of the bugs, lizards or snakes to be a let down, the vendor system too. The fact that things are being sold at tables instead of an actual store to be annoying. I buy these "spider repellent" but it doesnt give me an option to even use them just "place in world", not sure if thats just me.
    Also, i went to a vendor to buy "supplies" and it was all outdoor retreat item and cats and dogs items, we cant even bring our pets with us, why is it selling pet items?

IN SAYING THAT, its visually my favorite area in the sims 4 yet. Very very pretty. I love the crashed plane in one of the areas.

I just read your response. I had the exact opposite problem. Pet went with me--I wanted them to stay home. Once there, their was no vet or pet supplies, except on the market "land". Which then, I could only buy a bowl or mat. No medicine or anything for them.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited February 2018
    This was already answered. Don't read this.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    @kemisz See with my play-though I had the same thing happen. I'm so used to going to granite falls and staying for 3 days where its so relaxing and really no need to be there any longer so rent is cheaper and there's no real reason to spend too much money there. I thought Id bring my family that is struggling in funds because they can find treasure. But I had to not only extend my stay everything I brought back home was all fakes T_T expect for 2 things witch made them break even in all the spending my sims had done. But I loveeeee this about the game pack just caught me off guard after seeing the sim gurus breeze through the temple on stream.

Yes, @Cheekybits - part of me likes the danger and everything. I guess the experience just stressed me out a bit when I HAD to go back just to get the remedy for the sickness cause I was like, "How am I going to pay rent on Monday?!"

But it's really great. I didn't mean to sound like a whinger!

Could you try bulldozing a lot and leaving a campsite on it? That would make the price lower, I think!

@ashleyl2203 I'll give it a try and see!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

I'm bored of it already.
    Cheekybits wrote: »

You can bring your pets. I've brought my dog the first time but it was too hard with him there the 2nd time I left him at home.
    i cant bring my cats, i have a cats only household.

Also the logic thing makes sense, ive been playing my sims for a few years now and they both have the nerd brain aspiration so they have max logic
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Its was worth it!
    @Junebug6620 you can purchase pet supplies from one of the merchants. Click on them and then click the "Buy Supplies" option there is pet food, beds, litter boxes & toys available for purchase.

@kemiz Did you check the computer on your home lot to see if you could purchase the antidote on it?
    ~ ~ ~
    I'm bored of it already.

I just read your response. I had the exact opposite problem. Pet went with me--I wanted them to stay home. Once there, their was no vet or pet supplies, except on the market "land". Which then, I could only buy a bowl or mat. No medicine or anything for them.

i think you can only bring dogs, not cats
    Its was worth it!

@Sharee, well, my cat came too. Again, I meant to leave them home--but something went wrong.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Shae wrote: »
    I've just sent my sims on a 5 day vacation, so we'll see how it goes. It's late evening now, so first thing in the morning they'll hit the market to buy supplies. I still haven't seen them do any of the new dances yet, although the Latin music station has been playing since I got the pack.

My guy finished his vacation and then went to the gym in his hometown. While waiting for someone to clear from the weight bench he busted out into his Latin dances. It was kinda funny to see but they look pretty accurate to me. It just randomly happened lol

Lol, I finally saw the new dances when my sims went into the nearby cantina. We had to leave quickly though, because my sim Jada bit a guy and drank too deeply which killed him and that sparked a fight between my two vampires (she and her husband).

What a way to start a vacation!
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
    edited February 2018
    Its was worth it!
    @Junebug6620 you can purchase pet supplies from one of the merchants. Click on them and then click the "Buy Supplies" option there is pet food, beds, litter boxes & toys available for purchase.

@kemiz Did you check the computer on your home lot to see if you could purchase the antidote on it?

@3KNPen,

As to the merchants--I must have been going at the wrong times (though I was there one morning at 8 am-Sims time?). I only kept seeing 1 merchant (3 tables), and could only buy off the one table with the merchant attending. There was only bug sprays, quick food, and quick energy drinks available. In 3 days time, I didn't see any pet supplies at all & of course, there is no vet clinic there.

I forgot to say--once home--I have no computer--so I could not check on there. (haven't purchased one yet).
    I'm bored of it already.

@Sharee, well, my cat came too. Again, I meant to leave them home--but something went wrong.
    mine wont come, there is no option to bring them. but i keep getting notifications about my cats' kitten baby having a nanny every few moments
    oppycy.jpg

edited February 2018
    Its was worth it!

mine wont come, there is no option to bring them. but i keep getting notifications about my cats' kitten baby having a nanny every few moments
    oppycy.jpg

@Sharee,

Well, that is certainly weird! Strange how it let my cat go, and I have seen a few other comments saying that cats could go--but yours could not?! Those messages would get annoying, fast. lol. Sorry you are having those issues. :(

Just a thought---do you think it might have something to do with the fact that the mother cat has to stay home, as she has a kitten to take care of? Maybe once the kitten is older, it will give you the option to take the mother cat?
    I'm bored of it already.

It is quite frustrating yes lol. its every few min, sometimes within a min or two of one another comes.

That's a good point, once i finish this vacation i might try it with a household that has no kitten.
    right now im editing the "locals" to look more ethnic
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I took my sims on a 2-day trip. I was able to do a lot (not everything since there are probably more items and places to be seen), and I had fun. I can see myself covering most of the content in a couple more hours, but I think I'll still visit Selvadorada from time to time. Maybe have my sims camp out in the jungle in front of the falls. :)

Plus they were able to find 2 relics worth 8k. I didn't sell them, but I can say that this vacation can definitely pay for itself.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Blew away my expectations!

Pets can go with your sims in this pack, but not kittens or puppies - so can toddlers, but not newborns.You have to call the nanny for baby pets and newborns before your sim leaves for vacation I believe. That is probably why you keep getting the notification.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm bored of it already.
    I like it a lot. I wouldn’t say it’s blown me away nor would I consider it nothing special. Somewhere in between.

I like the two new skills. I’m having fun with those.
    Amused but not in the slightest surprised that despite being poisoned three separate times in three days my sim survived without any input from me.
    I like the new buffs from the temple “puzzles” but sadly didn’t get to see them act out as they were buried under inspired and then confident moodlets. (From getting all the answers wrong really?!)

I like that it doesn’t feel like I’ve seen everything after one trip.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Its was worth it!

@3KNPen, I didn't know I could do that at the time. But $258 and some bone dust still would have been cheaper than the $1000 for the antidote.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I like it a lot. I wouldn’t say it’s blown me away nor would I consider it nothing special. Somewhere in between.

Amused but not in the slightest surprised that despite being poisoned three separate times in three days my sim survived without any input from me.
    I like the new buffs from the temple “puzzles” but sadly didn’t get to see them act out as they were buried under inspired and then confident moodlets. (From getting all the answers wrong really?!)

The poison got worse for my sim after the moodlet expired. It turned into a severely poisoned moodlet that lasted for 3 days. Fortunately the marketplace just opened just as that happened, so I was able to find the antidote.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm bored of it already.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

The poison got worse for my sim after the moodlet expired. It turned into a severely poisoned moodlet that lasted for 3 days. Fortunately the marketplace just opened just as that happened, so I was able to find the antidote.

Yeah I had that happen too, he got better though on his own. I think their emotion plays a part.