Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking Jungle Adventures so far?

CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
This might be a bit early but i'm carious what everyone thinks xD

How are you liking Jungle Adventures so far? 239 votes

Blew away my expectations!
17%
IceyJSims2fanx0xjujee55Saunta2Writin_RegAshubiidrake_mccartyveronfcatloverplayermarberggamekittenashcrash1906Bon065782341b77vlCXonor13HermitgirlhappygurlClaudiaReisSilentKittyMicemSims 41 votes
Its was worth it!
59%
auroraael14bshag4lvicmnfrshJeanJadeleineGalacticGalAngel98366peoineealexspoom13alan650111BlkBarbiegalKathy090660Junebug6620rudolphaKjrockPlayerSaunta2VkittyInvisibleaesFKM100applefeather2 142 votes
Its pretty, nothing special.
17%
knazzerGoldmoldarrudy8292Sara1010PJaseaprilrosesimlish1simm621lsnishicandy8Bruxinmock68KaeChan208912JEREMIAmannannahalloweenchildSimLarkTrashmagicfiercephoenix91bombtori 42 votes
I'm bored of it already.
5%
ShaiseaSchantalBagoas77Hanyang1989slpc04SavvySimmieKaraStarsShareeMidnightAuraGrynnRae357SophiaBlissGasolineCreaSimmingSyd 14 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I came. I saw. I conquered... and it’s only been 2 hours since I installed it.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Too early to judge.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    It is what I expected it to be, a very pretty world. I love the CAS and BB objects and of course the new dance and the new skills, but the exploration and adventure can't compare with World Adventures, of course I wasn't expecting it to either, so I am not dissatisfied with what I paid, as I knew what I was getting.
    edited February 2018
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    It is what I expected it to be, a very pretty world. I love the CAS and BB objects and of course the new dance and the new skills, but the exploration and adventure can't compare with World Adventures, of course I wasn't expecting it to either, so I am not dissatisfied with what I paid, as I knew what I was getting.

I don’t like that one obstacle was completely blocked off from me entering. Hovering over it said something like “come back next time, maybe you’ll be able to access it”. So basically they’re forcing you to vacation at least twice to see everything.

Also the chance card thing was annoying to me. I don’t even like the chance cards when we get them for jobs or for school or the parenthood thing.

Plus you have to constantly zoom in and out and scroll side to look for the excavation spots and harvestable plants and it all gave me a headache! I really felt nauseous (it happens when I play video games sometimes).

Exploring the temple was nice though.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Way too early to say, but I like what I've seen so far. The scenery of Selvadorada takes my breath away!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I haven't even gone vacationing yet bc of the dang gallery breaking!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Too early to say. Having loads of fun though.
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    edited February 2018
    Its was worth it!
    Im not the biggest fan of destination worlds so a '5 star rating' was never going to happen. However, I like this world. I like the vast expanse as it would be in the jungle compared to the closed in nature of a city as in City Living. I also feel like there is lots to explore which I haven't done fully in one sitting (unlike previous packs) and aesthetically, it is pretty. Many people lost the plot about how amazing Brindleton Bay was and, whilst BB is pretty in places, I think this world is more engaging and eye catching. I like that there is variety too such as quiet pools, fishing spots and haunted temples and the option to camp and 'survive' within the temple to suit different play styles and stories.
    I do agree though that, once fully explored, the world could become boring i.e. I've done that, what's next kinda vibe. I similarly feel the inital set up of getting equipment and finding remedies is needlessly complicated and could easily be solved with a kiosk selling supplies and the market carts selling numerous remedies more readily (the 'challenge' here being returning from the jungle to do so if the remedy can't be found there).
    For a game pack Im pleased and so far have found more gamplay in Jungle Adventures and Parenthood than I did in Cats and Dogs (an EP). Will I be saying that in 2 weeks time...? We shall see...!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Still pretty early for me but I am enjoying it.

Honestly? I feel like this pack would be even better when weather hits the scene. Hot in the jungle and being even more uncomfortable for your sims to be in or it raining in the jungle as well and your sim getting sick from the down pour to make things more challenging and overall uncomfortable for your sims.

The gamepacks always seem to be a lot more solid than some of the EP's.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Too early but in love with the buildings .. can't wait to see what people make with this
    egTcBMc.png
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I've just sent my sims on a 5 day vacation, so we'll see how it goes. It's late evening now, so first thing in the morning they'll hit the market to buy supplies. I still haven't seen them do any of the new dances yet, although the Latin music station has been playing since I got the pack.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Okay so I like it a lot. It's different and fun and vibrant.

I guess my one complaint is that even going there is expensive. The cheapest place to rent is over $200 a night and the bugs will attack you at the house, giving a chance to make you sick. I had to go back on vacation after returning home because the sickness wouldn't go away on its own and I needed a cure. Then the Lightning sprays, fire sprays, spider sprays etc all cost a bomb and you have to wait around for them to generate unless you want to cut your adventuring short to revive your sims.

SO whilst I'm having lots of fun, my sims are super poor now. And it's hard when you're not really one to cheat money. I feel like I got my save as ready as I could for Jungle Adventure and all my sim's savings are gone after two trips (one out of necessity).

Although the archaeological finds will supplement some of it if you're lucky with what you find.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Way too early to say, but I like what I've seen so far. The scenery of Selvadorada takes my breath away!

Well we Simmers want you to get your breath back so you can still be alive and enjoy the new game pack!
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Nailed it! This pack is one of the best for TS4! Great job EA!
    Shae wrote: »
    I've just sent my sims on a 5 day vacation, so we'll see how it goes. It's late evening now, so first thing in the morning they'll hit the market to buy supplies. I still haven't seen them do any of the new dances yet, although the Latin music station has been playing since I got the pack.

My guy finished his vacation and then went to the gym in his hometown. While waiting for someone to clear from the weight bench he busted out into his Latin dances. It was kinda funny to see but they look pretty accurate to me. It just randomly happened lol
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    My sim just returned home from his trip and I really enjoyed it!
    I didn't watch the livestreams so I didn't know what I was expecting.
    Selvadorada is larger than I expected for a game pack, and the scenery is beautiful.

It's also harder than World Adventures in my opinion.
    My sim has been burned, shocked, lost his knife, chased by insects and he didn't even got to the temple yet :lol:
    The temples are also harder than the tombs from WA.

One weird thing happened was, there was this skeleton and it was flirty. It chased my sim throughout the temple to flirt.... Didn't expect that to happen... ever... :lol:

It's a pretty solid pack. It's certainly better than Outdoor Retreat.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I took my professor sim and his soon to be second wife Katrina Calienté they did pretty well. The temple they found was hard to figure out how to access. There were no obvious puzzles outside. Just a bunch of dig spots and then a spot below a skylight type thing where there were 3 of those skeleton guards. I had him dig all the excavation spots then Katrina wandered off and got attacked by bats. While I was dealing with that, Professor Bollinger somehow unlocked the temple. I have no idea how unless the excavation is what did the trick. I can't wait to go back with different sims. Because while nothing terrible happened this trip I really enjoyed think it something terrible could happen. I had a blast!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I don't know how to answer this. The temple is way too small. I wasn't expecting world adventure sized, but I was expecting something quite a bit larger. I love the way the world looks, and I like the build/buy items. I see myself sending my sims there more than I sent them to granite falls, but I won't lie that I am a bit disappointed here.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I expected 5 lots, we got 7.
    I expected about 90 objects, we got 184.
    Definitely didn't expect skeletons / Bonehildas that can be brought home, or randomized tombs.

With every day of reading news of this pack, my jaw kept dropping!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Its was worth it!
    kemisz wrote: »

I guess my one complaint is that even going there is expensive. The cheapest place to rent is over $200 a night and the bugs will attack you at the house, giving a chance to make you sick. I had to go back on vacation after returning home because the sickness wouldn't go away on its own and I needed a cure. Then the Lightning sprays, fire sprays, spider sprays etc all cost a bomb and you have to wait around for them to generate unless you want to cut your adventuring short to revive your sims.

SO whilst I'm having lots of fun, my sims are super poor now. And it's hard when you're not really one to cheat money. I feel like I got my save as ready as I could for Jungle Adventure and all my sim's savings are gone after two trips (one out of necessity).

Although the archaeological finds will supplement some of it if you're lucky with what you find.

I knew I was never going to send enough Sims to need the 8 Sims lodge, so I replaced it with a small house I had in my library with just a couple of bedrooms, a single bathroom, a small kitchen, a couch, a bookcase, and even a TV, and it came to only about 130 a night. You can go into Manage Worlds and add or delete items from the villas so you could make some of the smaller ones a little cheaper. (My child brought along one of her favorite toys, but next time I edit I might add a toychest for her. I also added play equipment (monkey bars and the pirate ship -- I felt that matched the theme better than the rocket ship -- to the museum lot (the 64x64). You can even build your own house -- go with something simple and just put in the basics.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Its was worth it!
    @kemisz See with my play-though I had the same thing happen. I'm so used to going to granite falls and staying for 3 days where its so relaxing and really no need to be there any longer so rent is cheaper and there's no real reason to spend too much money there. I thought Id bring my family that is struggling in funds because they can find treasure. But I had to not only extend my stay everything I brought back home was all fakes T_T expect for 2 things witch made them break even in all the spending my sims had done. But I loveeeee this about the game pack just caught me off guard after seeing the sim gurus breeze through the temple on stream.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Its was worth it!
    I absolutely love the music and the new dance. There were a couple of well-endowed ladies dancing at the Cantina and it reminded me of that scene in Steel Magnolias at Julia Roberts' wedding where Olympia Dukakis and Dolly Parton are talking about the lady dancing. :p

BWramhv.jpg
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    kemisz wrote: »

Could you try bulldozing a lot and leaving a campsite on it? That would make the price lower, I think!
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Its was worth it!

I like it so much I have body parts that are protesting right now.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I'm bored of it already.
    I had kinda low expectations going into it, and they were hardly met lol.
    I guess that comes from me being a world adventures fiend, as recently as a week ago i was tomb raiding on ts3.

I find the fact we cant catch any of the bugs, lizards or snakes to be a let down, the vendor system too. The fact that things are being sold at tables instead of an actual store to be annoying. I buy these "spider repellent" but it doesnt give me an option to even use them just "place in world", not sure if thats just me.
    Also, i went to a vendor to buy "supplies" and it was all outdoor retreat item and cats and dogs items, we cant even bring our pets with us, why is it selling pet items?

IN SAYING THAT, its visually my favorite area in the sims 4 yet. Very very pretty. I love the crashed plane in one of the areas.