Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question for everyone about city living

i am just curious but does anyone ever feel kind of sad that the whole city of myshuso is just a backdrop and a place you actually cant walk around in or do you actually enjoy just being able to look but not vist anything in the city( yes i am aware you can go vist other lots) but again alot of the buildings are just fake backgrounds you cant interact with and i am really curious if everyone is okay with this.

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I absolutely hate CL. Wish I never bought it. The worst part is it causes my game to overflood the worlds with Asian-named sims.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    all the worlds have backdrops, so it didn't really disappoint me that CL had them as well
    plenty of other things about CL disappointed me though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I absolutely hate CL. Wish I never bought it. The worst part is it causes my game to overflood the worlds with Asian-named sims.

i actually do enjoy it myself despiste the fact that the backdrops are fake and other issues the game has :(
    all the worlds have backdrops, so it didn't really disappoint me that CL had them as well
    plenty of other things about CL disappointed me though

okay so are you okay with the whole game being a fake backdrop then :p
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I don't see the issue with back drops, it looks nice and serves its purpose to look nice. So no I'm not upset at it at all really.
    filipomel wrote: »
    I don't see the issue with back drops, it looks nice and serves its purpose to look nice. So no I'm not upset at it at all really.

yes but you cant interact with it?
    brendhan21 wrote: »

Would you rather have no back drop?

i would rather the world a place we can interact with like in the sims 3 :)

This is just my opinion, but I believe the worlds in the Sims 4 have a lot more interactivity than the worlds in the Sims 3 did. The only things the worlds in the Sims 3 were good for was traveling through it and living in it, there was no actual interactivity with the world itself, nothing that the world offered in terms of gameplay, or at least not much of it, while in Sims 4, specifically San Myshuno, there's always something to do in the world, whether that be join a protest, spray graffiti, attend the festivals, get a quick coffee at the food stall before going to work, watching buskers on the street, watching the living statue, becoming the living statue, using the sales tables to start a street sale to sell some goods, etc. most 'world interactivity' in Sims 3 took place on a lot venue, nothing that really emphasizes world interactivity, the one EP in Sims 3 that delivered great world interactivity (in my opinion) I would say is World Adventures, because the gameplay is focused on the new vacation worlds that can't be done elsewhere.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I just consider the view from the windows in San Myshuno to be just that, a view. I consider all of the worlds to be interconnected. Also, I've edited or familiarized myself with most of the townies so I recognize most of those who are walking around.

I tend to say that the back drops are part of the city or world, they are just not where the action among my sims is occurring. If I really wanted to, I could make up stories about the various other buildings and houses. I have come up with explanations for some of the ads on billboards.

I guess that I play with the connected worlds more broadly, so I don't think that much about places that my various sims don't live in.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

This is just my opinion, but I believe the worlds in the Sims 4 have a lot more interactivity than the worlds in the Sims 3 did. The only things the worlds in the Sims 3 were good for was traveling through it and living in it, there was no actual interactivity with the world itself, nothing that the world offered in terms of gameplay, or at least not much of it, while in Sims 4, specifically San Myshuno, there's always something to do in the world, whether that be join a protest, spray graffiti, attend the festivals, get a quick coffee at the food stall before going to work, watching buskers on the street, watching the living statue, becoming the living statue, using the sales tables to start a street sale to sell some goods, etc. most 'world interactivity' in Sims 3 took place on a lot venue, nothing that really emphasizes world interactivity, the one EP in Sims 3 that delivered great world interactivity (in my opinion) I would say is World Adventures, because the gameplay is focused on the new vacation worlds that can't be done elsewhere.

ironically i feel the complete and total opposite its so limited in terms of what you can do in the world. and even worse because you are stuck on a lot unless you want to go through loading screens and even then there is not a whole lot to do.
    edited February 2018

ironically i feel the complete and total opposite its so limited in terms of what you can do in the world. and even worse because you are stuck on a lot unless you want to go through loading screens and even then there is not a whole lot to do.

So then explain why you feel limited, I'm curious, I explained why I prefer Sims 4 worlds over Sims 3 worlds, I would like to know why you prefer it the other way around. I'd much rather have a closed but detailed and vibrant space like in Sims 4 than an open and empty/lack luster world like in Sims 3, at least that's my opinion.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    CL was actually the one EP that got me interested in Sims 4 to begin with. Watched an LP where he was taking his simself to live in a shoddy apartment in the city and join the social media career. The LP gave me so much joy to watch I finally decided to buy Sims 4 bc of it. I actually didn't buy CL itself though until 2-3 months after I bought the base game.

That being said, there are a lot of pros and cons to my experience of CL: I always find something my Sims can do when a festival comes along, gives them reasons to go out more and interact socially. The neighborhood areas also give my Sims reasons to simply leave their appt and sit down and chat and eat around others. I could now make a karaoke club with the Singing skill! Idc about backdrops so I have no opinion of them. The CAS and BB objects are useful with a wide variance of Sims and tastes too. My problems are that everything to do with apartments are simply problematic; you can't take care of dogs properly living in them, you can't build your own, your privacy is invaded a lot by the occasional walkbys and your awful neighbors, and in general a lot of limitations with apartments. Also CL flooded my games with all these ethnic names that are practically the same with barely any name differences between them. I love diversity but this isn't diversity when they're all named the same.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    yes that annoys me but i love apprtment living
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I bought CL for new hair and such, I don't really like appartments, but I like the traits though!
    I have never played in the city

So then explain why you feel limited, I'm curious, I explained why I prefer Sims 4 worlds over Sims 3 worlds, I would like to know why you prefer it the other way around. I'd much rather have a closed but detailed and vibrant space like in Sims 4 than an open and empty/lack luster world like in Sims 3, at least that's my opinion.

well sims 3 was detailed and open sims 4 feels closed and lack luster.
    CL was actually the one EP that got me interested in Sims 4 to begin with. Watched an LP where he was taking his simself to live in a shoddy apartment in the city and join the social media career. The LP gave me so much joy to watch I finally decided to buy Sims 4 bc of it. I actually didn't buy CL itself though until 2-3 months after I bought the base game.

That being said, there are a lot of pros and cons to my experience of CL: I always find something my Sims can do when a festival comes along, gives them reasons to go out more and interact socially. The neighborhood areas also give my Sims reasons to simply leave their appt and sit down and chat and eat around others. I could now make a karaoke club with the Singing skill! Idc about backdrops so I have no opinion of them. The CAS and BB objects are useful with a wide variance of Sims and tastes too. My problems are that everything to do with apartments are simply problematic; you can't take care of dogs properly living in them, you can't build your own, your privacy is invaded a lot by the occasional walkbys and your awful neighbors, and in general a lot of limitations with apartments. Also CL flooded my games with all these ethnic names that are practically the same with barely any name differences between them. I love diversity but this isn't diversity when they're all named the same.

sometimes i enjoy going out when living in appartment(like going to the gym) but that is about it. the loading screens really ruin it for me and i honestly am not a fan of festivals.
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I have all the worlds- I think of Myshuno City in the middle and the rest as surrounding suburbs. I still haven’t been to every single place so it doesn’t feel small to me.
    I did get disappointed when a sim texted me about a party in an underground werehouse at the fashion district and it was just an event like work or school where my sim disappears.
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Absolutely. All style, no substance is the phrase that springs to mind.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
    Absolutely. All style, no substance is the phrase that springs to mind.

this is exactly how i feel about the city itself. (i think the apparements themselves can look nice and do have a lot of substance sort off) i think its a missed oppurinity to not be able to build your own apparments or own them (which apparently would be too unrealastic to people i think)

Ok but you didn’t explain how Sims 3 worlds are detailed. The only advantage Sims 3 worlds have over Sims 4 worlds in my eyes is the openness, everything else I believe Sims 4 worlds do better even though they may be smaller and not open, to me they are more detailed and interactive with Sims not just populating the active lot but also the surrounding environment, when you visit the park there are Sims populating the park, but also off in the distance fishing at other areas in the environment and interacting with each other. Plus many of the worlds have their own exclusive interactivity, San Myshuno has the festivals, graffiti paint spots, random NPC’s, buskers, food stalls, etc. Windenburg has random social events that occur throughout the world that dynamically change the environment for the duration of the social event, Granite Falls has the bug collectibles and new herbs, Brindleton Bay has special interactivity for pets, Selvadorada is a world filled with its own gameplay with the temple, excavation sites, the locals and the new culture skill to build up. The worlds in Sims 4 have gameplay built into the world itself and I love that. Sims 3 worlds not so much, at least with how I play the game.

Ok but you didn’t explain how Sims 3 worlds are detailed. The only advantage Sims 3 worlds have over Sims 4 worlds in my eyes is the openness, everything else I believe Sims 4 worlds do better even though they may be smaller and not open, to me they are more detailed and interactive with Sims not just populating the active lot but also the surrounding environment, when you visit the park there are Sims populating the park, but also off in the distance fishing at other areas in the environment and interacting with each other. Plus many of the worlds have their own exclusive interactivity, San Myshuno has the festivals, graffiti paint spots, random NPC’s, buskers, food stalls, etc. Windenburg has random social events that occur throughout the world that dynamically change the environment for the duration of the social event, Granite Falls has the bug collectibles and new herbs, Brindleton Bay has special interactivity for pets, Selvadorada is a world filled with its own gameplay with the temple, excavation sites, the locals and the new culture skill to build up. The worlds in Sims 4 have gameplay built into the world itself and I love that. Sims 3 worlds not so much, at least with how I play the game.

you know the sims 3 had an entire world to explore and there was always something going on. man of the things you said happen in the sims 3 as well you know sims were always wondering around the sims 3 doing things. like you could to a bar and watch sims dance or have drinks. sims would react you being a celebaity or other sims who were also celebertaties you could go hunt for rock and bugs and other colectables(without a load screen) if you went to the gym you could work out with other sims(again without a loading screen) you could go to parks and play for tips on the gutiar
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    yes. the city feels very small after playing in it for a while.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

edited March 2018

you know the sims 3 had an entire world to explore and there was always something going on. man of the things you said happen in the sims 3 as well you know sims were always wondering around the sims 3 doing things. like you could to a bar and watch sims dance or have drinks. sims would react you being a celebaity or other sims who were also celebertaties you could go hunt for rock and bugs and other colectables(without a load screen) if you went to the gym you could work out with other sims(again without a loading screen) you could go to parks and play for tips on the gutiar

Everything I bolded is also in Sims 4, but with loading screens, it looks like the only problem you have is with the loading screens and not the world itself.
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I just want to know why there are mountains so close in the background. I thought it was the city? But yeah I really would like to do more in San Myshuno. Also, what kind of a name is SAN MYSHUNO...