Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

birth at the hospital is not working ?

I usually send my pregnant sims to give birth at the hospital. I've had 1 birth after the latest patch and noticed there was nobody at the reception. All staff was standing outside. Once my sim got red heart icon above her head only then doctor proceeded to the operating room and helped my sim to have her baby.
I'm having second sim at the hospital right now. It all repeated as the first time, reception desk is empty, staff outside, once red heart icon appeared doctor took my sim to the operating room, but this time he left in the middle of the surgery. So my sim had to get up from the surgery table still pregnant and found the doctor standing outside with the rest of the staff. 3 hours later staff is still outside and I'm afraid my sim is going to die still pregnant. Should I just send home and give birth at home ?

Comments

• FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    She gave birth at home after waiting another 5 hours . Staff kept standing outside all this time.
  • GwaeriGwaeri Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2018
    I've had the "standing around" problem as well, although it happened before the patch for me. My Sim just stood outside the hospital for a time, as though visiting a venue, before finally having the baby in the operating theatre. All the staff were outside, too.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Ran also in that problem. Some times it work and some times not. But what I found out giving birth in the hospital at early morning like 6am /7am seems always not really working in my game.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Is the hospital a custom one? I had that issue with a hospital I built.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I just had this issue as well. Only a nurse and assistant were at the hospital, and they just stood outside. I waited around for a really long time, but my Sim and her husbands needs were dropping so I sent them home. My Sim was still in her hospital gown once at home, but the baby was born there just fine. I hope this gets fixed, although I don't usually use the hospital so I have no clue if it's been doing this for a while?
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Is the hospital a custom one? I had that issue with a hospital I built.

No, not custom. I decided to give it another shot. Another sim went to the hospital and it happened again. There was nobody at the reception. All staff was standing outside. Once my sim got red heart icon above her head only then doctor proceeded to the operating room and helped my sim to have her baby. It's too bad, because I enjoyed sending my sims to give birth at the hospital, but I'll wait until it's fixed.
  • sask1asask1a Posts: 2 New Member
    The same thing is happening for me. I've tried with a lot of different sims and the same thing happens: they just stand at the reception desk , I've checked in and the receptionist just sits there aon the computer and talks to the nurses, while there are other doctors outside just standing around. I've stayed there for hours waiting for something to happen, but nothing works. As well as that, A sim was at work in the doctor career and had to deliver a baby, and the surgery table option on the social referall didn't work, and the same thing with a sim who had to have surgery. Nothing worked! I only recently bought GTW and it seems the hospital just doesn't work!! I hope it gets fixed.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have it off and on. One of my Sims had twins a couple of days ago at the hospital with no trouble, but then just a bit after that she had another baby and that time it was what was previously posted. No doctor, just nurses and we had to go home for her to deliver.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Same thing happened to me on the console version, the doctor was on the lot, but not doing anything. So I switched to her in CAS, then got out of CAS still as her, then I switched to the couple giving birth and she finally did her job.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Better let @SimGuruNick on Twitter know.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2019
    I couldn't have mine to the hospital either. She stood around forever waiting on the doctor who never showed up. I finally got tired of waiting and sent her home to have the baby. I just figured it was a bug. Which was a big let down as I wanted the birth certificate for my legacy play.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Please post about this issue in the link below. I want it fixed by the time one of my sims gets ready to have her baby.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Please post about this issue in the link below. I want it fixed by the time one of my sims gets ready to have her baby.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    Thank you @catloverplayer (Love the dolphin)
    :star:
    There is an open thread for this issue. Please go to AnswersHQ to click the 'me too' button on the first post. You can also add your own experience there as well.
    [OPEN] [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible/No Staff on duty
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Birth-at-hospital-not-possible-No-Staff-on-duty/td-p/4459027/page/8
  • NivNiv Posts: 1 New Member
    I have kinda the same problem expect my sim won't even go to the hospital. Every time I click on the option, "Have baby at hospital" it just makes her have the baby at the house. No matter what I do i can't get her to go to the hospital. I've tried debugging, and just traveling to the hospital myself but it won't work. She always ends up having the baby at the house. What should I do?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Niv wrote: »
    I have kinda the same problem expect my sim won't even go to the hospital. Every time I click on the option, "Have baby at hospital" it just makes her have the baby at the house. No matter what I do i can't get her to go to the hospital. I've tried debugging, and just traveling to the hospital myself but it won't work. She always ends up having the baby at the house. What should I do?

Have you modified the hospital using bb.enablefreebuild? If so, did you make sure it contains all of the objects necessary for a functioning hospital lot?

Also, have you tried just doing a repair of the game installation?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Niv wrote: »

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding you have to have a Sim in the Doctor's career in order to go to the hospital. At least, that's the way it was when this career first came out. My main Sim's younger brother is in that career, so that my Sim's wife was given the option. I hadn't had a Sim give birth in the hospital in a good couple of years. Reminds me too much of a C-Section. This time, and it was BEFORE the patch, it all went wonky on me, and no, I'm not in the habit of changing lots, on the whole. But first, she was in the 'machine' and then she slid out of the machine toward the doctor and back and forth it went. I'm surprised the baby turned out fine. :open_mouth: I just spent some time looking for the screenshots I took. Needless to say, she had her other five children at home.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2022
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding you have to have a Sim in the Doctor's career in order to go to the hospital. .

No, you only need one in the career to work at the hospital. You can have a baby there with any Sim even if there are no played Sims in the career. The game makes NPC staff, including a doctor, as needed. All my played Sims have had all their babies at the hospital since it was added. No natural home births for this simmer. Safety First!

But yah, there is a weird glitch that causes the birthing Sim and the doctor to do some weird things. There's also a mod which fixes it so that those things don't happen (which I use).
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Stormkeep I am not one who uses mods, but would love a hospital birth fix. Would you mind sharing the link with me please :)
    edited February 2022
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @Stormkeep I am not one who uses mods, but would love a hospital birth fix. Would you mind sharing the link with me please :)

This is the fix that prevents the doctor and mother from having the weird animation glitches: https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-more-t-pose-60302707

There's also a fix from LittleMsSam which fixes the issue with not being able to check in (not needed if you instead just wait for a while after your sim goes into labor before you actually head to the hospital): https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/648268909267533824/new-bug-fix

I use the first one, but I do not use the second one and instead just wait until the buff for going into labor has counted down a bit before I have the sims head out to the hospital in the first place.
    Thank you so so much @Stormkeep <3 I am not one for mods, but this one I NEED :D
    Oh my goodness @Stormkeep I just HAD to come back here and say a super big thank you to you for sharing that link, and Oh my goodness if I could I would give Pandasame a huge virtual hug and a thank you. I tested the mod and was super glad to see the birthing machine arms fighting with each other and accidently removing my sims's heart during surgery, made it so much better, wish I had that with my last few babies with the 100 baby challenge, its like happy feelings all around now <3
    Happy to have helped. I totally agree that having that mod makes hospitals so much better. I found it really jarring having my sim do a wierd levitating body-slide out of the surgery machine and the doctor t-posing, and I always, always, always have my Sims have their babies in the hospital.
  • Euphorias_FaithEuphorias_Faith Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Feisbukaite said:
    > I usually send my pregnant sims to give birth at the hospital. I've had 1 birth after the latest patch and noticed there was nobody at the reception. All staff was standing outside. Once my sim got red heart icon above her head only then doctor proceeded to the operating room and helped my sim to have her baby.
    > I'm having second sim at the hospital right now. It all repeated as the first time, reception desk is empty, staff outside, once red heart icon appeared doctor took my sim to the operating room, but this time he left in the middle of the surgery. So my sim had to get up from the surgery table still pregnant and found the doctor standing outside with the rest of the staff. 3 hours later staff is still outside and I'm afraid my sim is going to die still pregnant. Should I just send home and give birth at home ?

https://lms-mods.com/random-bug-fixes/
    this person made a mod that fixes this. it works for me and I hope it works for you
  • Euphorias_FaithEuphorias_Faith Posts: 9 New Member
    https://lms-mods.com/random-bug-fixes/
    this person made a mod that fixes this. it works for me and I hope it works for you