Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I access saved sims ".SimInfo" files?

I've been trying to locate the ".SimInfo" files for the sims that I've created in CAS but didn't have any luck.
If someone can guide Me that will be much appreciated.
Thanks! :)
Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello
    If you use the “ Show/search info” mod it will give you many details about your sims.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576053
    Edit : I am sorry. I didn’t see that you had posted this in the Technical section and were looking for the actual files.
  • Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you use the “ Show/search info” mod it will give you many details about your sims.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576053
    Edit : I am sorry. I didn’t see that you had posted this in the Technical section and were looking for the actual files.

It's totally fine, I appreciate Your help ♥
    I actually use that mod and it's really helpful.

To be more specific for the gurus I'm looking for Sim_creation_info file for my created sim.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
    @SimGuruEugi
    @SimGuruModSquad

I hope You can help Me with this situation, I haven't found any program to get the .SimInfo File.
    Thank You very much.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Dramatic-Gamer ,

So you want to generate a siminfo resource for the "_sim_creation_info" -> "resource_key" setting in tuning, correct?

Unfortunately Sims saved in your save file use a completely different format than the pre made siminfo files. So there is no easy way to extract that information from the save file. Probably the best approach is to figure out how to generate your own custom siminfo files. Although authoring-wise that is potentially painful since it could mean you are filling all the part numbers in to the resource manually instead of just building the Sim in create a sim.

If you want to proceed with that approach let me know in more detail what you are doing and I can provide any additional info you need.

Thanks,
    SGMS
    Hey @Dramatic-Gamer ,

So you want to generate a siminfo resource for the "_sim_creation_info" -> "resource_key" setting in tuning, correct?

Unfortunately Sims saved in your save file use a completely different format than the pre made siminfo files. So there is no easy way to extract that information from the save file. Probably the best approach is to figure out how to generate your own custom siminfo files. Although authoring-wise that is potentially painful since it could mean you are filling all the part numbers in to the resource manually instead of just building the Sim in create a sim.

If you want to proceed with that approach let me know in more detail what you are doing and I can provide any additional info you need.

Thanks,
    SGMS

Thank You so much for Your reply.
    I totally understand but I was hoping that there was a way that I didn't know about.
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with creating extractors or custom file readers so I can't do that approach.

What I'm trying to do is to have the "_sim_creation_info" -> "resource_key" like You've mentioned.
    I want to add the key to a custom "Sim Template" so they can spawn in a certain situation.

I really appreciate Your help.
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg