Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of us are using MONEY cheats?

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I never use money cheats
    I never use money cheats. The few times I used them was to make the family have LESS money so that the game play would be more challenging. I just think the game gets boring once money stops being an issue. Maybe it's that mentality that is making me broke in RL lol
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depends...
    I usually use money cheats if I’m building a house. Usually I’ll say to myself “okay, no cheats and only basic needs things”. Then I’ll get carried away and run out of money halfway through building
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    I never use money cheats
    I never use money cheats for my active families. But I do use freerealestate to move townies into homes.
  • Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    I have used money cheats only when I wanted to start a new dynasty at the toddler level. I make the parents, get them basic jobs, use a little money cheat to be able to at least have a house, then basically just leave them on autonomous while I focus on the child.

That's rare for me though. I find using a money cheat makes it pretty boring. I like the satisfaction of getting to the millionaire status through hard work. :)
  • FuriousHazFuriousHaz Posts: 4 New Member
    I never use money cheats
    I used to use money cheats all the time, quickly realised that it was killing the longevity of the game for me. Ever since I've stopped using money cheats I've remained interested in Sims 4 for much longer periods.

Totally get why people use money cheats though! :tongue:
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    depends on what story I'm going for, but usually no. I most frequently use money cheats when kids move out of the house and their parents have managed to build up quite a lot--I'll use cheats to subtract from the parent household and add to the child's, like a stipend or trust fund or something (I wish this was an option in game without cheats btw, to transfer money from different households). But yeah, generally I don't, it's easy enough to make money and it gives my sims something to do lol.

One time, I played an "impoverished old money" type situation, so I used money cheats to buy a big, lavish house, and then set the money at 0. It was a real challenge to make enough money to pay bills every week fora while, and I'd allow them to sell off one item if they fell behind, with no option to buy it back. I was having a lot of fun with it before my game crashed and I lost all my progress :-P
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    When I first started playing I used to have the cheats on standby in a notepad doc open so I could c+p them into the cheat code prompt :D I didn’t like waiting for the income to grow.

About 2 years ago I started getting used to the idea of sims “starting from the bottom” and working their way up. I’ve been having a lot of fun that way.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I never use money cheats
    Never - the struggle is real... like life. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I never use money cheats
    It's way too easy to become rich in this game so I've never really felt the need to cheat with money to be honest.

Promotions come quickly and then bam, your household is swimming in money that you don't even know what to do with... Staring out with nothing is more interesting to me :)
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I used to always use money cheats, and then I found that cheating money felt too easy and got boring fast. I still use a combination of cheats between my saves, but for the most part I'm playing challenges where I can't cheat money. It's way more satisfying to see it build up when your Sims have actually earned it! I do miss my big fancy mansions, though.
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I admit to using the money cheat. I did play my Sims 3 once without and she did have fun. Grant you that she had to seriously work her bunny tail off by writing and painting, but she did make it in the world. Never won the lotto though.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I use money cheats regularly
    I use it all the time now.

It took my oldest living sim a year irl to reach 4 million & I can't be bothered building from scratch with my current sims. I don't feel like I'm cheating really.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I RARELY use money cheats. It's pretty easy for my sims to amass a tidy sum. I usually adjust their funds if I buy something that doesn't workout in bb. I give them a full refund
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I use them when starting out, build my house how I want it - if I'm starting a business I will use them when I build but I won't after it's how I want it

I never used to use them in TS3 - but I have more drive with TS4 and I want to try and improve my building
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I only use a money cheat when I need a very wealthy sim to join in on the story of my main family. The main characters I play with need to earn it by themselves. Making money is (too?) easy in TS4, no need for cheats :smiley:
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    I never use money cheats
    Like once or twice, max. And that was just so i could move them into a better house story wise.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    I never use money cheats
    Never. I find making money in this game to be extremely easy, but part of that is because I like to focus on my sim’s careers, or give the jobless ones hobbies that help them out in their finances. I prefer to just take it slow and allow my sims the time to grow in terms of finance, careers, family, houses, etc.
  • GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    I don't want to use them, but I tend to find myself using them for Sims 4... the bills are SO high... or is it just me?
    [Fan since The Sims]

• PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    Geekery wrote: »
    I don't want to use them, but I tend to find myself using them for Sims 4... the bills are SO high... or is it just me?

It's not just you. :smiley: The bills seem WAY too high to me. I sometimes cheat just to pay the bills.
  • GalaxyGirl_17GalaxyGirl_17 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @kaywilliams said:
    > Most of the time I do cheat. I create a family and then put them in a large house. Now Im trying to make my game less boring. And Im building starter homes . So Im gonna try not using the money cheat for at least one save.

yeah ummmmmm, is it bad that every game i play of the sims i always use 'motherlode'??
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,647 Member
    always! in my "perfect" world, love starting off as a millionaire. allows me to start off with 2 aspirations completed with the mansion aspiration easily accomplished as well. ;)
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    > @kaywilliams said:
    > Most of the time I do cheat. I create a family and then put them in a large house. Now Im trying to make my game less boring. And Im building starter homes . So Im gonna try not using the money cheat for at least one save.

yeah ummmmmm, is it bad that every game i play of the sims i always use 'motherlode'??

Im back to cheats now. The other way is soooo boring :D

I just needed to switch my game up @GalaxyGirl_17
  • caroline_simscaroline_sims Posts: 31 Member
    I pretty new to the sims 4 i've had two families and I've used money cheats with both so I could be creative with building
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    edited March 2018
    I never use money cheats
    Nope. Cheating causes me to lose interest in games. Don't think I've used anything besides testingcheats (which I mainly used for same-sex couple pregnancies before a proper method came out) and moveobjects since TS1 days.
  • manameishannahmanameishannah Posts: 2 New Member
    I generally use money cheats, unless i'm trying to make a more realistic family, or I'm doing a challenge