Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of us are using MONEY cheats?

Comments

• TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    I use money cheats regularly
    I use money cheats regularly, but not to make my sims richer. Instead, I buy or rent a house/apartment, sell everything that is not a fixture (because who would rent an apartment with no toilet?) and use the "Money 1000" cheat, which leaves my sim with only 1000 simoleons to buy a reasonably decent bed, a fridge and a stove.

I also use the MC Command Center mod, which allow me to increase my bills. I have found 150 (2,5x the normal value) to be the ideal setting, with child support of 5% for when I want to play a legacy character, but I do not want to play a married couple.
  • RinRin Posts: 16 Member
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depends...
    I use money cheat to remove money, actually.
    Like buying clothes. I'm too lazy to go to store, try it on mannequin and buy it one by one. I'd just plan outfit and use modify fund -x to remove the money from the family's fund.
    Or bill multiplier, if it counts as money cheat.

But I never used cheat to add money. When Sims work they only need a week or two to have decent income to buy a fancy house, so...
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I never use money cheats
    All my sims are just getting by. Not everyone gardens, or collects. Many just work their jobs. Furnishing them the basics and paying bills means they only ever have around 10000 available cash. And that's tenuous. It takes forever, about 5 generations before there's "wealth"
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Its hard for my Sims to resist wanting to get something(New house, New objects, etc) knowing that there's a way for them to get it. It's Very hard. However, I have also played some , few household sims without money cheats. But it took seriously strong determination to not be tempted.
  • Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    I start with the money cheat for certain challenges, like the Bachelorette Challenge I'm doing, because I didn't want them to have jobs, and I wanted them to be in a fancy penthouse with a rooftop pool. Plus I needed money to replace objects that broke so no one had to worry about repairing them, and go on vacations, dates to the bar, etc. But for 'normal' starter sims I don't.

I like building stylish, bright starter homes (the in-game starter homes are depressing) and then attempting to build wealth using their aspiration/careers only. It feels like too much of a cheat to have EVERY sim paint, write or garden for millions. So I have my business sims only make money from work and investments (or actually buy a business, which is lucrative), and my musician sims ONLY write songs, play for tips, write jingles, etc.

Once they are the top of their career/fulfill their first aspiration, then I feel free to let them do any other money-making activity I want, if their career didn't make them squillions yet.
  • joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    It depends on my game for me and what I want to accomplish. In my current game, my sim in exploring the jungle and I don't want her tied down to a job. She's made a ton from selling her excess artifacts, so I've only use a money cheat once.
  • PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    I like to spoil my sims when they do something I enjoy or if I feel they deserve it. :p
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am the best simGod ever!

Oprah-You-Get-A.jpg
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys...my play style has changed. I am only plaiyng without cheats now :D

Okay...no fun.
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Sometimes I do but I usually like starting out poor and working my way up. It's so easy to get rich once you've got a bit under your belt. I always go for Fabulously Wealthy so they can sit back and collect interest every week.

I might cheat them if they're a few thousand short of buying a house. Sometimes I motherlode away. It's situational. I don't lean on money cheats but it depends on the household I'm playing.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I never use money cheats
    No I nearly never cheat for money in game. I don't like to get money without doing anything. It would be so easy to earn then what would be the reason to play if there is not any challenging thing.

There may be exceptions though, when I want to start a rich family, lik a victorian noble one, yes I cheat at the beginning but not again.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    I want to make a save full of only filthy rich sims who lives in large homes and one for my no motherlode save.

I dont want the "no cheats" save and the one where i play with wealthy sims to be together. And in that case I would let my filthy rich sims have infinite money B)@GamingTweety
  • ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    Occasionally I'll use "freerealestate" when moving in a new household, especially families with kids, then I'll rearrange furniture and buy whatever new objects I see fit. In actual gameplay however, I don't believe in using cheats of any sort. :neutral:
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I no saw 2nd option
    That this will be in fact my case
    I have UI Cheats Extension and when at build mode, increase the founds if cant buy what I want
  • PinkmadaPinkmada Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone remember 'klapaucius' ;)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I always have to give my sims money, not necessarily a lot but enough to give them nice furnishings. I might try to do without sometime.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Absolutely. I aspire to give my sims the life they deserve.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    grassharp wrote: »

Exactly! It's enough to struggle day to day in real life. I dont want to relive it in my game lol
  • ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    I don't use them often, but I do on occasion, especially if a totally inept sim tries cooking and burns the house down. I cheat to get the appliances back, then cheat it back to where it was before I cheated in the first place. Both sims in the household had jobs, and the fire took out the fridge and the stove, so I had to do something to get them food.

If I'm doing a challenge like I plan to in the future, I will not cheat aside to lower the money to where the challenge says I should start.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I use them pretty often, but the amount a family gets depends on what Im doing. A while back ago, I decided that the Goths and the Landgraabs needed "ancestral homes" where the oldest living generation would reside in (usually would have to be created). My plan was once the previous generation died, the next generation would move in and so on and so forth. The castles I found for them were outrageously expensive but hey these are old money families so they need something wild. They would get enough money to pay for the house, and have plenty left over to pay bills with.

Now if I werent playing with incredibly wealthy sims, the amount of they get depends on the family. Some families (with about 4 sims) would likely get a modest size house with perhaps a good 10k left over after buying the house and furniture. Sometimes I'd want a family to live a little poor, so they'd likely not get a bonus OR they would receive less money than what would originally be given. Or sometimes I just want a family of 1 or 2 sims to be rich for no reason, and they'd get a nice fat amount of money. It all just depends on what kind of story I want the family to have and what I feel like doing at the moment.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I used to use money cheats all the time when I was younger, but then realized how boring it got after awhile... eventually, I started playing the good old fashioned way (having my Sims build up from scratch) and realized how fun it is! I do, however, still use money cheats when I'm VERY desperate to pay bills or something and if my family doesn't currently have enough... but that's extremely rare.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I use them regularly.
  • 0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I never use them in regular gameplay, but in my storytelling I do use them a lot.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It depends. I usually give my Sim an extra thousand or two if they need it to move into a new house. I like to move my sims around a lot, especially if they're planning families.
    giphy.gif
    grassharp wrote: »

I enjoy playing that way as well. Im trying to play without cheats right now and its okay.

I'd rather be playing sims who live in extravagant houses and throw lavish 1 million dollar parties in their courtyards <3>:)@grassharp

For me personally, playing the noble way , has been unexciting and lacks the imaginative fun. I wanna live vicariously through my sims