Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anyone that create poses help me with this?

@rosemow I don't know if you can help me with this, but I'd appreciate any links that will help. I have been over at S4S and people have shown me pose tutorials but not the actual reason why mine as suddenly gone B & W. This makes it very tricky to see details in order to pose them, particularly in the smaller areas such as facial expressions.

I have just begun experimenting with pose creation and everything was fine until I went in and the rig was B & W instead of colour. Blender looks very complex and I know making poses doesn't require all the features it offers, but since I am a true beginner in this area of Simming I may have pressed something that changed things.

I am yet to find a tutorial which shows me how to set up Blender specifically for this area of creation. If someone can help me that is familiar with posing, I'd really appreciate it.

Here is a picture to show what is happening. I had one response saying to change the button down the bottom left, next to "pose mode" to texture, which I did but to no avail. I really hope someone can link me to someone that can help with setting up blender ready for posing, thank you.

This is what it looks like at the moment. But is should look like the other one below it.
b4TFd85.png
BTdvHlt.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    I am so sorry but I don’t use blender so am unable to help you :( I also don’t know tutorials that may help you . I hope that other simmers may be able to help you.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    That's okay, @rosemow, that is why I put it here in the general comments. I thought someone here may know. :)

• MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    edited February 2018
    Looks like it may just not be set to show the texture in the first one?
    My Blender is a bit rusty and I don't have it installed on this computer to go in and check. It looks like it's just a different material view setting, though.
    Thank you, @Maggiedoll :) Yes I think you might be on to something, it's just that I don't know how to change it, in Blender.

• Mia_Mia_ Posts: 42 Member

Two things to check:

Texture as @Maggiedoll suggests, which can be found here :

y4mQlYpd8zCPoW9vnLVbfDqTHlG8tU8jebVtOuR5r5LJZdRAiarUxM4VGxvbSeLoB7JTJkVyVJ34w_2RcOzEcyAug3Itd15WJ0DhqN9pVpuv1ZVYeWM1wpd9248Qc7BpKcGJcZnPWTMZal1ABhR8Y9hM5rBQHBDuDUUe_ypm2WDg_bQ8mxWtSEjsMANHjUKDmspLe3syWwqWVrb-upg6901EQ?width=1200&height=635&cropmode=none

Next, check you're in Blender Render, not Cycles Render or Blender Game. There's a little drop down menu at the top of the screen. Find File then move your mouse right, you'll soon find it.
    tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr
    edited March 2018
    Thank you, @Mia_ Checked the texture that is okay and it is in Blender Render. I also saw a you tube about the shading to change it to GLSL and it is on that as well, so still haven't sorted the problem out. I'm wondering if I need to re-install it or something.

edited March 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 What Blender version are you using?

Also, when did you last download the rigs from the game?

I think I remember having a simillar bug a while ago, but I think it turned out that the custom rig I was using was the problem...
    Really are too many I thinks in that sentence there...
    tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr
    edited March 2018
    LOL, @Mia_ There was only two "I thinks"

I have V2.70 blender and Sims 4 Studio 3.1.0.9 (wishes) not sure if other things need updating.

I found when I used a rig that a friend sent me all went okay, but when I start a new one through s4s and go through the steps to export that is when it comes up white. These are the steps I do.

1. opened animation/clip pack
    2. named it in both as a pose pack and in clips
    3. saved it as a package
    4. exported it and it comes up in a new window as a blender file.
    5. clicked that
    6. then it opens up to the b & W image below instead of the texture/colour version as it should.

I made sure rig was highlighted on the right side
    I made sure that pose mode was on down the bottom left
    I made sure that the texture box next to that showed texture.
    I made sure that the shading was on GLSL

So still not sure what is happening. If I re-install will I lose the poses I made with the rigs my friend sent me?

@Jendowoz0612 You should be able to transfer animations between rigs without too much difficulty, so don't about losing poses, so long as the bones share the same names, its just a matter of hitting a few buttons in blender. Just make sure that if you do reinstall anything to make a copy of your existing files just in case the programs decide to do a little tidying on their way out.

Hmm... I just had a play around with S4S (3.1.0.9 for reference) and tried to export a new rig... I was a little suprised to find that the rig had "additional bones" that I really wasn't expecting to be there O_O.

Anyway I can send you a link to my onedrive that has the female rig I use, if that helps at all. Not entirely sure what is going on with S4S this evening...

tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr
    Here is a shot with all the settings open, are they all okay or the same as yours?
    4vjGSED.png

They are exactly the same.

y4mAwosLwD-o25rq7q9NAwhtm6U1CmIm6yF4CEX3vpgfeipt3rfmPV1MtXSBZUKJTUiPbE1ys0iSs_Q_Ql7p4iLNbMv6JBS0NG6tSBhvgbmduQf1Bqez8cEWEroKz2-PUPvRv8Dyy9k0EyEr-KIEq8QB2BjdqE5XHvMdTDtrwPpS-mjxIwA9E1NTHlPr-AfrAnXqxLzVlAYCxERF09lHqUz1A?width=1024&height=545&cropmode=none

Well apart from the sim (obviously).

It seems like blender is having trouble locating the information it needs to display the correct texture. Now without getting super techincal, with these rigs all the information should be "baked" into the blender file you get once you export, this is to prevent blender being unable to recall the texture say if it were in another file and that contributing file got relocated.

I'm wondering if this might just be to do with S4S being unable to locate the appropriate texture, so its falling back on an old black and white texture instead. Perhaps something to do with the latest game pack has moved some textures around.

What version of S4S are you using?
    tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr
    Sims 4 Studio 3.1.0.9 (wishes)

edited March 2018
    The absolute latest version is 3.1.1.0 (I had to just go update it myself *shame*).

If that doesn't work I'm afraid this is beyond me.

I'll link in the blender file I use and leave it up for a couple of days, but unfortunately that's the best I can do.

Female Rig Blender
    Post edited by Mia_ on
    tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr
    edited March 2018
    Thank you so much for your time and efforts, @Mia_ I really do appreciate it.

edited March 2018
    Just thought I'd tell you, @Mia_ . I updated to the latest version of S4S and re-installed blender and all is okay now so far. Thank you so much for your time and efforts to help. <3

Yay! Glad it seems to be working, long may it continue!
    tTE50o8.gif
    Click banner for Tumblr