Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you start a new game when a new pack comes out?

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
edited February 2018 in Off Topic Chat
So with the release of the Jungle Adventure Game Pack tomorrow, I'm curious to know whether the majority of players create a new family when a new pack comes out, or continue with their current household.

Do you start a new game when a new pack comes out? 80 votes

Start a new game
37%
Kaliko103simlish1Simburianirishluck1986Jennyggsteelersfan4evadopaminedroidDeKayAnastaciasgemxLunaSimsxbgkubForgottenPixelsCharliecheesenurgersLyricSimsz15nanimunroeleLudditeBorglukeahalittleconnor12simhistorynerd 30 votes
Continue my current household
45%
Cororonj3n1ynannaliese39Sorak4KelvinRedDestiny92DarkSuperNinjaBreazonagameplay9098summertaffy68YuriTheCreatorCatersChazzzysnarklesTheRoseHorseGrumpyGlowfishJordan061102SihuLyouflnLiaRose1435 36 votes
Other
17%
mintycupcakeAngelEb95jooxisjames64468Simtown15CupidBusufulazyjuniperGamingTweetySimTresaChelsPlaySimsI_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyAmandèlealright_name 14 votes

Comments

• littleconnor12simlittleconnor12sim Posts: 12 New Member
    Start a new game
    start a new game with people more suited for the type
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Start a new game
    I usually play test the pack with a new family before bringing it into my main saves. :)
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Other
    Sometimes, it depends on the pack. I created a new save when City Living came out so I could have a chance to play a family in San Myshuno. When Parenting came out, I just incorporated it into my already existing family. For example.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Start a new game
    I start a new game to protect my old ones. I want to know what happens with new unplayed Sims before I trust my favourite Sims to go into the Jungle! I get fond of them and don't want them to get poisoned or die without my permission. :'(
  • fandompotatofandompotato Posts: 8 New Member
    Continue with my save! i play rotational so there's always a family in one of my saves that i think would be perfect to explore the new pack. I love incorporating new stuff with already-existing narratives
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve never started a new game when a new pack was released. I take the same family I’ve been playing with and see how the features in the new pack affect them, see how it improves their gameplay.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Other
    I sometimes like to take my sim and his friends and plop them into a fresh game after a pack is released, just so I can take some time to rebuild my worlds and freshen things up. But it's not really because of the pack release, it's more that it's most convenient for me to do it after a pack release. Easier to find all the nice lots on the gallery using the new pack items in the first week after release before they all get lost in there.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Other
    I start a new family, rather than game
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    The reason I asked was because I was considering starting a new family to try out Jungle Adventure, however I cannot even think about parting with my current family. I think I know how I'm going to incorporate this family into the pack now!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Other
    It depends on if I can incorporate it into my current save. When City Living came out, my current household had a teenage son, so I had him move to the city and become a politician. When Cats and Dogs came out, it was during a hiatus, so I didn't start until weeks after it was released, and I didn't have a household anymore, so I made a new one.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Other
    I start another save to test the pack, then when I have knowledge about the pack I get back to my main save.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Other
    I stareted already a new save some weeks ago, but not because of the pack (didn’t even now they are going to release seasons lol). So no I will not start a new one. Currently I have 2 saves now. My main save with my story (which I am a little scared that the seasons will "destroy" my storytelling... but never mind I want seasons and I want it now!!!! <3 ) and my new save :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Start a new game
    I start a new game with my current household.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    I don't usually start a new save, not even a new family. I'm too lazy to start over. xD
    gGelhII.png
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    Start a new game
    I'm terrible for starting over, I'll look for any excuse. So yeah I start over for every pack, oops :#
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Other
    I started playing a premade household when CL came out, but kept them in the same save as my existing game, planning to eventually join two families together. That's been done, and now San Myshuno is mostly used as a place for my sims to visit bu not to live.
    image.png
  • KatastrophicSimKatastrophicSim Posts: 90 Member
    I continue because I never get them because I'm poor. Half of Seasons has been implemented into the Sims 4 base anyway.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other
    It depends if I find bugs. Sometimes I just pull my folder.
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Continue playing. Mainly cause i play challenges and i just continue the chalenge with the new pack...once i actually get it.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't like to have too many saves.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Other
    I only play one save, the one I've been playing since the game launched. I do, however, start a new family with each new pack using the new CAS customizations, careers, etc. :)
  • DruddersDrudders Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2018
    Start a new game
    I usually make a test family to explore the new pack but end up getting stuck into the game and keep the family :p
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Start a new game
    What I do is start a family and try stuff out, and I see some of the cool things that came with the pack. THEN, I use the pack with the Malone family. They’re my favorite! So I end up doing both.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    I've been playing with the same family for 2+ years XD
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • alright_namealright_name Posts: 31 Member
    Other
    I make a new save and household in preparation for a new pack then test out and/or play around with the new pack in that save then decide I don't like that household and start all over on a new household in a new save.