Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If something new is shown at EA Play regarding The Sims Franchise, what do you think it will be?

If something new is shown at EA Play regarding The Sims Franchise, what will it be?

Seasons or The Sims 5? I would like either, though The Sims 5 with a release date of 2020 or 2021 would be good.

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The next Expansion Pack. I doubt it woll be The Sims 5, do it amd backlash will start to rise again.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The next Expansion Pack. I doubt it woll be The Sims 5, do it amd backlash will start to rise again.

Hmm, maybe best to wait until 2019 then.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    If EA has followed their usual plan about releasing a new basegame every 5 years and announcing each new basegame about 15 months before their release then of course it will be TS5! ;)

Many simmers just don’t believe that because they think that TS4 still is missing all the “usual” EPs now that EA has replaced them with GPs and SPs instead. Beside that those simmers haven’t yet understood that it never was EA’s intention to just let TS4 become a new version of TS2 or TS3! Instead it always has been EA’s plan to let TS4 become a new and very different Sims game.

So EA planned to let TS4 even become a Sims game without toddlers and also without all the “traditional” EPs. It should be a new game and simmers who preferred the old style were expected to just still play TS3.

Later EA decided to release toddlers anyway though because the sales numbers for TS4 had been disappointing. So has EA also changed the plan about not releasing EPs like Seasons or University? I don’t know. But EA still mainly wants to release SPs and GPs because their low prices make them sell better and because they are much cheaper for EA to make. Also I am quite sure that EA wants the GPs to have mainly new content instead of becoming reduced versions of traditional EPs. But anyway all the traditional reasons why EA wants a new basegame to be released every 5 years are still clearly valid (mainly an old basegame not appealing to new simmers, new packs for an old basegame selling less and less and EA being unable to discount old packs without hurting the sales numbers for new packs). So unless EA really wants to stop the whole series soon I can’t see why EA shouldn’t announce TS5 in the middle of 2018 and release it about 15 months later as usual?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited February 2018

They’ve never announced an EP at EAPlay before, and you’d think Cats & Dogs would have been the first, if they were to ever do so.
    No I don’t think it will be a pack announcement, it’s either a teaser for TS5, or nothing. No EP is big enough or important enough to break the trend of ‘no announcement at EAPlay.’
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Something for Sims 4, I highly doubt we’ll see a Sims 5 any time soon. Creating stuff for Sims 4 is bringing in money now, why would they bother and put their energy into a completely new game?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

They’ve never announced an EP at EAPlay before, and you’d think Cats & Dogs would have been the first, if they were to ever do so.
    No I don’t think it will be a pack announcement, it’s either a teaser for TS5, or nothing. No EP is big enough or important enough to break the trend of ‘no announcement at EAPlay.’

The topic says if there is something new is shown, so It is just my wishful thinking :) Tho, I don't think that they will announce anything. Not even TS5. I don't think they are ready for announcing the next pack yet. They announced Cats and Dogs on August and it was still on development. Tho, I kinda wish they would announce one, even a gamepack lol. I mean a simple gamepack to wait during the dry content month(summer) is enough for me :)
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

The topic says if there is something new is shown, so It is just my wishful thinking :) Tho, I don't think that they will announce anything. Not even TS5. I don't think they are ready for announcing the next pack yet. They announced Cats and Dogs on August and it was still on development. Tho, I kinda wish they would announce one, even a gamepack lol. I mean a simple gamepack to wait during the dry content month(summer) is enough for me :)

Well Parenthood came out May of last year, around 4 months after Vampires, so I could see another GP releasing 4-5 months after JA, perfect timing for the Summer content drought!
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Something for Sims 4, I highly doubt we’ll see a Sims 5 any time soon. Creating stuff for Sims 4 is bringing in money now, why would they bother and put their energy into a completely new game?
    So was creating stuff for TS2 in 2007-2008 and creating stuff for TS3 in 2012-2013. So why did EA then announce TS3 in 2008 and TS4 in 2013 anyway? What has changed?? Doesn’t EA care about sales numbers becoming lower after a few years anymore??
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Erpe wrote: »
    So was creating stuff for TS2 in 2007-2008 and creating stuff for TS3 in 2012-2013. So why did EA then announce TS3 in 2008 and TS4 in 2013 anyway? What has changed?? Doesn’t EA care about sales numbers becoming lower after a few years anymore??
    I genuinely think things have changed in this respect. Time will tell if I'm right. As you know I hope you are right here and I'll be proved wrong ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Erpe wrote: »
    I genuinely think things have changed in this respect. Time will tell if I'm right. As you know I hope you are right here and I'll be proved wrong ;)
    Just see the huge payouts to EA’s top executives on http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=EA they don’t get so many millions of dollars each year for doing nothing and just let EA’s games go on and on without changing anything.

So instead EA always pushes new games out as fast as possible. Studios get closed when they don’t earn enough money anymore and top executives get fired if they can’t tell about a lot of new game releases. That is just the kind of company EA is.

So assuming that EA now just will cash in on TS4 by releasing SPs for several additional years in spite of the sales numbers going down is contradictory to EA’s whole way of doing things. EA’s top can’t impress the stock holders just by telling them that even though TS4 isn’t the best selling Sims game ever they will just let the developers make more and more SPs until they don’t sell at all anymore. They need instead to talk about a new fantastic Sims basegame to be released soon and with a good chance of getting even better sales numbers for both the basegame and the packs than ever before.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I doubt it is Sims 5. There was too much backlash about Sims 4 missing features, still is. I will not buy Sims 5, if they don't 'finish' Sims 4 first. I just wouldn't trust them to finish Sims 5 either and then I am left with two games with missing content.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    First off I doubt that well see a Sims 5 because for one thing Sims 4 is not really a complete game at least for me I feel like we're at the half way point of this game being finish I still think there's a lot more to this game than just completely stop it right smack in the middle I would start thinking the game would/almost finish once we get a University EP.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hopefully an education type of game pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

So what do you still miss in TS4?

Is it a new Makin’ Magic EP like the one in TS1?
    Is it the private school and the neighborhood stories from TS2?
    Is it the open world and the Into the Future EP from TS3?

The problem here is that I am quite sure that EA considered the game to be “finished” already with the basegame and that for EA everything else since the basegame release are just “extras” which are released while we wait for the next big Sims game to be released. So EA will probably as usual just go on releasing extra content for TS4 until a couple of months before TS5 is released and also make an extra pack above that if TS5’s release for some reason should have to be postponed.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I swear if they've already started developing Sims 5 then I will simply just laugh condescendingly, when the Sims 4 is nowhere near "finished" as is. Sims 4 has so much potential to be a great game and to think they would go ahead and reveal Sims 5 already is an absurd joke that's nowhere near funny. Typical EA mindset though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I doubt sims 5, I think there was something about sim mobile that was suppose to being coming up soon.
    Maybe they will announce an ep, it could mean two eps this year which I would love to see happen.

My dream situation is an early ep this year, I suspect it has to do with their mobile game though.
    If its ts5 I'm neutral.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm pretty sure they have started making the sims 5. Where they are in development no one knows but them. I highly doubt that the sims 5 is coming this year or next. I would say sims 5 could be released in 2020 but honestly, that's just a guess. I'm still wishing and hoping for stuff in the sims 4.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm hoping for Seasons or, if not, another EP. I know they've never announced an EP in EA Play before, but before they created EA Play, they used to present at E3, and they have announced EPs at E3 before (such as The Sims 3 Pets).
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Since EA France said, "What if we talked about the future of your favorite game?", my theory is that they will reveal the remaining packs for the year, or just the Expansion packs like they did towards the end of TS3.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    If they reveal The Sims 5, it better has pools, toddlers, ghosts, a Color Wheel and more open worlds from the beginning or I'm going to be mad
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'm pretty sure they have started making the sims 5. Where they are in development no one knows but them. I highly doubt that the sims 5 is coming this year or next. I would say sims 5 could be released in 2020 but honestly, that's just a guess. I'm still wishing and hoping for stuff in the sims 4.

Maybe they could give a sneak peak at The Sims 5. (which would be kind of a dumb marketing move tho)
    a256aFi.gif
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I reckon they will just discuss what they always do, which is the pack that's just come out, and a "hands on" for Q3 content.

Eg. they had a hands on for Cool Kitchen, Backyard and Toddler stuff, even though they weren't out till July or later.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Keep in mind, they could release the sims 5 in late 2020 or even sometime in 2021, this gives them time to "finish" TS4 and then they can releas TS5, this also lets them take their time.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited February 2018

both The Sims team and Sims Mobile team is at EA play this June.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Something is going on with select game changers away to San Francisco for meetings.