Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery issues ???

Comments

• CaveJohnson82CaveJohnson82 Posts: 34 Member
    > @CaveJohnson82 said:
    > Just my luck when I've just finished a massive house and can't remember if I saved after I finished furnishing! Green circle has been going round for best part of an hour now...

yea they took the servers offline now its crazy

Really wish it had told me that before I clicked to upload! I can't exit out of it at all without force closing the whole game :neutral:
  • CaveJohnson82CaveJohnson82 Posts: 34 Member
    Just went back to my game the second after I posted that and it had finished uploading...so I promptly clicked to Showcase the item :eyeroll:

Now it's doing the same thing but this time no one to blame but myself lol!!
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again

Hello
    Can you perhaps save the build to your library? Or are you having issues both with saving to your library and also to the community section of the forums?
    > @rosemow said:
    > Dallasking2018 wrote: »
    >
    > im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Can you perhaps save the build to your library? Or are you having issues both with saving to your library and also to the community section of the forums?

doesn't allow saving at all my library says it has nothing in it at all i'm hoping EA gets the gallery fixed up cause my folder has a lot of stuff so i know its not me
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    ^That's odd. My library works perfectly fine, I'm able to save lots/families and place them as well.
    original.gif
    edited June 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Can you perhaps save the build to your library? Or are you having issues both with saving to your library and also to the community section of the forums?

doesn't allow saving at all my library says it has nothing in it at all i'm hoping EA gets the gallery fixed up cause my folder has a lot of stuff so i know its not me

I am sorry that you and other simmers are having this issue :(
    > @Turtlez98 said:
    > ^That's odd. My library works perfectly fine, I'm able to save lots/families and place them as well.

library is back fineally so they are fixing things community still down
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Dallasking2018 wrote: »
    > >
    > > im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Can you perhaps save the build to your library? Or are you having issues both with saving to your library and also to the community section of the forums?
    >
    > doesn't allow saving at all my library says it has nothing in it at all i'm hoping EA gets the gallery fixed up cause my folder has a lot of stuff so i know its not me
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you and other simmers are having this issue :(

library is fineally back just community down now so they have some issues fixed up
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Dallasking2018 wrote: »
    > >
    > > im hopeing they bring servers up soon as i was working on my sims lot and cant save it so im gonna have to redo all of it again
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Can you perhaps save the build to your library? Or are you having issues both with saving to your library and also to the community section of the forums?
    >
    > doesn't allow saving at all my library says it has nothing in it at all i'm hoping EA gets the gallery fixed up cause my folder has a lot of stuff so i know its not me
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you and other simmers are having this issue :(

library is fineally back just community down now so they have some issues fixed up

It is good that you can now access your library.
    yes im happy now just waiting on community to come back
  • ShadoeLandmanShadoeLandman Posts: 5 New Member
    I spent over an hour making a family and tried to upload it to the gallery. I should have saved it first, because now I can't save it because for 40 minutes it's been trying to upload it to the gallery and there's no way to cancel that request. Why is there no option to cancel a request to upload to the gallery? I'm going to have to force close the game and lose the family :(
    I spent over an hour making a family and tried to upload it to the gallery. I should have saved it first, because now I can't save it because for 40 minutes it's been trying to upload it to the gallery and there's no way to cancel that request. Why is there no option to cancel a request to upload to the gallery? I'm going to have to force close the game and lose the family :(

Hello @ShadoeLandman
    Sometimes, simmers have found that after force closing the game there has been a copy saved to their library also. I hope that may perhaps be what occurs with you also. I am so sorry if you lose the sims household that you have made :(
  • ShadoeLandmanShadoeLandman Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > ShadoeLandman wrote: »
    >
    > I spent over an hour making a family and tried to upload it to the gallery. I should have saved it first, because now I can't save it because for 40 minutes it's been trying to upload it to the gallery and there's no way to cancel that request. Why is there no option to cancel a request to upload to the gallery? I'm going to have to force close the game and lose the family :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ShadoeLandman
    > Sometimes, simmers have found that after force closing the game there has been a copy saved to their library also. I hope that may perhaps be what occurs with you also. I am so sorry if you lose the sims household that you have made :(

Whew! It actually did save! Thank you for letting me know :D
    > @rosemow said:
    > ShadoeLandman wrote: »
    >
    > I spent over an hour making a family and tried to upload it to the gallery. I should have saved it first, because now I can't save it because for 40 minutes it's been trying to upload it to the gallery and there's no way to cancel that request. Why is there no option to cancel a request to upload to the gallery? I'm going to have to force close the game and lose the family :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ShadoeLandman
    > Sometimes, simmers have found that after force closing the game there has been a copy saved to their library also. I hope that may perhaps be what occurs with you also. I am so sorry if you lose the sims household that you have made :(

Whew! It actually did save! Thank you for letting me know :D

I am glad that it saved :)
    wonder if there making changes to the community so they took it down?
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    edited June 2018
    Hello. Is anyone still having trouble seeing content in the Community tab of Gallery?

Tagging @kreatora @Simburian @brenleedee @Turtlez98 @Dallasking2018 @CaveJohnson82 @ShadoeLandman
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    Hello. Is anyone still having trouble seeing content in the Community tab of Gallery?

Tagging @kreatora @Simburian @brenleedee @Turtlez98 @Dallasking2018 @CaveJohnson82 @ShadoeLandman

It seems much better at the moment, I did see maybe a duplication of a lot, but other than that it's a lot better!
    edited June 2018
    @brenleedee

OK thank you for the feedback. We're aware that there still may be issues with sorting or duplicate items.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SimQARobo

The in game Gallery is working fine and quicker. All Maxis lots and mine appear ok.

The website seems to have a difficulty getting from the Sims 4 menu page. Grey bit left at bottom of screen which disappears when choice is made and searched for. Maxis box ticked for me which I don't prefer..

Are the pictures larger or is it my imagination?
    Simburian wrote: »
    @SimQARobo

The in game Gallery is working fine and quicker. All Maxis lots and mine appear ok.

The website seems to have a difficulty getting from the Sims 4 menu page. Grey bit left at bottom of screen which disappears when choice is made and searched for. Maxis box ticked for me which I don't prefer..

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Also, regarding the Maxis box, it's by design that it is on by default.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @SimQARobo

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Also, regarding the Maxis box, it's by design that it is on by default.

If you mean browser cache on Edge I put it on to clear history on exit. I'll check again tomorrow. Microsoft keeps changing some of my settings to default whenever I get an update. (any other browser cache let me know)!

Thanks for answering. I'm ok and off to bed. Roll on 22nd June. :) BTW got a very small Origin update when I checked for you.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    @brenleedee

OK thank you for the feedback. We're aware that there still may be issues with sorting or duplicate items.

Yes you're exactly right, sorting and duplication is still an issue. The Gallery,however, is functioning much better!! Thank you
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @SimQARobo
    Happiness did not last long.
    Unfortunately, the gallery is broken again. Zero objects sent to the Gallery and an empty catalog at this moment,
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    kreatora wrote: »
    @SimQARobo
    Happiness did not last long.
    Unfortunately, the gallery is broken again. Zero objects sent to the Gallery and an empty catalog at this moment,

thats EA for you lol