Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery issues ???

Comments

• AnnieDepressantAnnieDepressant Posts: 45 Member
    yeah, the box is ticked - guess i'll just wait it out x
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello @AnnieDepressant

Are there any files in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\ ?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Thanks for replying - yeah, I always back up my tray files and only add them to the tray folder if i need to place them. Otherwise I leave the tray empty - but i was starting a new save for the new EP and wanted to add my exisiting buildings and sims. So, I am putting them in my tray folder, clicking my library, selecting include custom content from the drop-down menu and all it says is "No results found, try the community". But they are definitely in my tray folder. Same happens for building and sims, I tried adding non-cc buildings and buildings made since the EP came out but still nothing. However, I did save a family from the gallery into my files and they showed up in my tray files and in my Library as normal (cc and cc-free). If I take them out of my tray file then they don't show up in my library, when i put them back then they show up, as normal. But still none of my existing files :( I repaired my game before playing too but it seems to be having a problem reading anything from my old games.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,592 Member
    Thanks for replying - yeah, I always back up my tray files and only add them to the tray folder if i need to place them. Otherwise I leave the tray empty - but i was starting a new save for the new EP and wanted to add my exisiting buildings and sims. So, I am putting them in my tray folder, clicking my library, selecting include custom content from the drop-down menu and all it says is "No results found, try the community". But they are definitely in my tray folder. Same happens for building and sims, I tried adding non-cc buildings and buildings made since the EP came out but still nothing. However, I did save a family from the gallery into my files and they showed up in my tray files and in my Library as normal (cc and cc-free). If I take them out of my tray file then they don't show up in my library, when i put them back then they show up, as normal. But still none of my existing files :( I repaired my game before playing too but it seems to be having a problem reading anything from my old games.

Hello @AnnieDepressant
    The files need to be placed directly into the tray folder. They can’t be sub folders. I am just checking that you have placed them directly there.
    yup - like I say, they show up for stuff i add from the gallery but not my stuff x
    yup - like I say, they show up for stuff i add from the gallery but not my stuff x

The items that you download from the gallery don’t come in folders, so I wondered if you may have been adding folders containing the files of your creations, to your tray folder.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    no worries - I'm used to putting things in and out of my tray folder and using them when I need them rather than keeping it full and never finding anything. What I meant was I can click a sim in the gallery and select save. It then goes into my library and also the necessary tray files for that sim show up in my Tray Folder. I can take these out of my Tray Folder and they are no longer in my Library, but if I put them back in my Tray Folder, they show up in my Library, as usual. None of the files for my existing creations (before installing the jungle EP) are showing up in my Library when I add them to my Tray Folder, as they should. Everything worked fine before I installed the EP. It's like the sims does not recognise any of my creations from before the EP. Hope that makes more sense.
    So I logged out of my game and back in again and guess what? those files that I just saved from the gallery are still in my tray files but now it says there is nothing in my Library AGAIN!!!! So now I'm just confused again - it seems to forget everything that's in my Tray Folder once I leave the game. Is it just happening to me?
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2018
    Shy request. Gallery started to work badly again. I can't enter in week's downloads or in my own catalog. Unfortunately, the more people there are in the Gallery, the worse the Gallery works.
    Again, there is no connection with Gallery from the network
    @AnnieDepressant
    Have you tried in your library to choose the "Show modified objects" option?
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    My gallery has become slow and glitchy. I can't view the people I'm following and nobody's creations are showing up at all.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
    edited March 2018
    So I logged out of my game and back in again and guess what? those files that I just saved from the gallery are still in my tray files but now it says there is nothing in my Library AGAIN!!!! So now I'm just confused again - it seems to forget everything that's in my Tray Folder once I leave the game. Is it just happening to me?

Try moving your whole tray folder to the desktop. Then load the sims 4 game, and that will generate a new tray folder. Exit the game, then copy the files that are inside the old tray folder and paste them into the new tray folder. Then test to see if that helps the items to appear.
    Edit : Other simmers are having the same issue at the moment, so it isn’t just happening to you at the moment. The issue for you remains if the files that you add back don’t show but the ones that you download in game do appear.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    @kreatora @Nikoa

We're looking into the Gallery performance issues again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    @kreatora @Nikoa

We're looking into the Gallery performance issues again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • AcidfairyyyAcidfairyyy Posts: 45 Member
    If I'm trying to place certain builds from my library or straight from the gallery, I'll get stuck on the 'Building lot' screen forever and have to force quit my way out of the game.
    edited March 2018
    Well, I prophesied. The gallery has just broken down at the moment. First was information, "In the Gallery is zero objects , and after while "The connection with Gallery is broken."
    Identically as before
    So we will wait and thank you in advance
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    @kreatora @Nikoa

The Gallery should be better now.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    May I ask a question of why some of my uploaded library items no longer are synced up to their gallery counterparts? Usually they have the uploaded icon to my shared library items (as well as others) but it seems they've been disconnected. Must I always redownload them back to my library for them to be resynced?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    May I ask a question of why some of my uploaded library items no longer are synced up to their gallery counterparts? Usually they have the uploaded icon to my shared library items (as well as others) but it seems they've been disconnected. Must I always redownload them back to my library for them to be resynced?

We'll look into it.
    @AnnieDepressant

If you're still seeing issues with your Library, would you be willing to share some files?

- All of your Tray files
    - \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log

Instructions here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
    @SimQARobo - I removed my Tray Folder from my sims files so it generated a new Tray Folder but this didn't work either. I have uploaded my sims here http://www.simfileshare.net/download/467673/
    These individual file items are what I transfer to my Tray Folder (no sub folders) and these will show my sims in my Library when I put them in my Tray Folder - but they are not being recognised since the update.
    Thanks for your help.
    @SimQARobo - I removed my Tray Folder from my sims files so it generated a new Tray Folder but this didn't work either. I have uploaded my sims here http://www.simfileshare.net/download/467673/
    These individual file items are what I transfer to my Tray Folder (no sub folders) and these will show my sims in my Library when I put them in my Tray Folder - but they are not being recognised since the update.
    Thanks for your help.

Would it be possible for you to upload the files to OneDrive or Google Drive as per the instructions in the link I posted above?
    edited March 2018
    Unfortunately, the Gallery is broken again. "There are no objects in the Gallery" as in the same case as before. :'(
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    kreatora wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the Gallery is broken again. "There are no objects in the Gallery" as in the same case as before. :'(

<sigh> :( We're taking a look again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Thankfully I had saved my game before trying to upload a lot as there was a neverending "working" symbol and I had to use the Task Manager to exit the game to get control of my laptop.
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    kreatora wrote: »

<sigh> :( We're taking a look again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Gallery should be back online again.