Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could this be a hint to a farm GP/EP?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Alright, it's probably been seen by everyone else already but I for one hadn't noticed until today that BB is so close to farmland :D There are cows and stacks of hay and even an airplane that lands there.

Could this be a hint of things to come? Many people, myself included, have been dreaming of a farming-themed pack. It's also among some of the more frequently used items from the Sims 3 store, so I think it has a lot of appeal.

I'd be so, so, so excited about a farm-themed pack, I wouldn't even mind getting that as a GP before we get witches xD Although I feel it might be better to get it after a Seasons EP, simply because I want weather to really affect the farming experience. Like having to find ways to make money (through farm animals - meat, milk, eggs, etc.-, canning, etc.) in winter because you won't be able to grow crops (outside at least).

What do you think? :D

K7IqIPD.png
k5aXIYa.png
GX5W9cn.png

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    If this EP could come after Seasons I would like.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I’d love that theme. And who knows, now that they have started to create the game with backdrops that make sense... Maybe we are looking at an upcoming neighborhood there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think they do stuff like that.. when we got Newcrest people were excited to see city buildings there's been a lot of shots where other types of areas could tie in. I'm going to say yes too bad no clue when. I can see a tie in to a Seasons EP too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’d love that theme. And who knows, now that they have started to create the game with backdrops that make sense... Maybe we are looking at an upcoming neighborhood there.

Yes indeed, that's kind of what I was thinking about as well! I mean, there've been a few backdrops that at least appeared to be hinting at things we've gotten in later EPs/GPs. I would be so excited to have my own cows, pigs and chickens xD And perhaps they could do us a favor when introducing this theme and finally bring back actual self-employment (I'll just never really get over that one, I just want it back).
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Yes indeed, that's kind of what I was thinking about as well! I mean, there've been a few backdrops that at least appeared to be hinting at things we've gotten in later EPs/GPs. I would be so excited to have my own cows, pigs and chickens xD And perhaps they could do us a favor when introducing this theme and finally bring back actual self-employment (I'll just never really get over that one, I just want it back).

And maybe bring horses.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Yeah I'm not toooo big on horses, however, I think they'd fit this theme very well so I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them included!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »

How do you mean “make sense”?

We’ve had connecting Neighborhoods and Backdrops since Windenburg?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Actually seeing in the distance where you were before? The gurus presented it as something entirely new as well in the live stream.
    5JZ57S6.png
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not toooo big on horses, however, I think they'd fit this theme very well so I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them included!

Same, but it's always a nice addition to the game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I thought it could be. And I think it would be a great idea. We've gotten bits and pieces of the theme, but we've never gotten a full farming expansion pack, which is something simmers have been requesting for several games now.

Things that they could include in a farming pack:
    1. Small scale/organic and large scale agriculture with modern farming tools
    2. Livestock
    3. Horses
    4. Tons of new items that can only be produced using farm products
    5. Farmer's market
    6. New farm-related perks and abilities
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I thought it could be. And I think it would be a great idea. We've gotten bits and pieces of the theme, but we've never gotten a full farming expansion pack, which is something simmers have been requesting for several games now.

2. Livestock
    3. Horses
    5. Farmer's market

It looks awesome.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

2. Livestock
    3. Horses
    5. Farmer's market

Definitely a farmer's market yes, that would be so great :love:
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    As much as working on a farm may be interesting, I don't tend to hope on such things from something as a backdrop. Maybe they just wanted to add a nice farm in the back, for the aesthetic? Who am I to know what they're planning.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    As much as working on a farm may be interesting, I don't tend to hope on such things from something as a backdrop. Maybe they just wanted to add a nice farm in the back, for the aesthetic? Who am I to know what they're planning.

It could be a good opportunity for them to bring new players with a farm GP/EP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited February 2018

Actually seeing in the distance where you were before? The gurus presented it as something entirely new as well in the live stream.

Yeah that’s been there since Windenburg. I thought you meant something else.

Eg. From the Island you can see the Modern district, from the modern district you can see the island.
    In Old Town you can see the ruins, vice versa.
    You can see other parts of the City in SAN Myshuno. You can see the Lighthouse from the mainland in Brindleton Bay.

Nothings really different with Jungle Adventure other than there’s a fast travel process rather than a loading screen to the next area (thanks to it being the first pack to make advantage of 64 bit).

But the Guru’s have been incorporating areas you can explore into the backdrops since the initial complaints with the base game and Outdoor Retreat. In every area, you can see the other parts of the world in the distance that you can travel to.

Eg. From the Island you can see the Modern district, from the modern district you can see the island.
    You can see other parts of the City in SAN Myshuno. You can see the Lighthouse from the mainland in Brindleton Bay.

Nothings really different with Jungle Adventure other than there’s a fast travel process rather than a loading screen to the next area (thanks to it being the first pack to make advantage of 64 bit).

But the Guru’s have been incorporating areas you can explore into the backdrops since the initial complaints with the base game and Outdoor Retreat. In every area, you can see the other parts of the world in the distance that you can travel to.

So it would say that if they always use 64bits we could get better worlds?
    Lu4ERme.gif

So it would say that if they always use 64bits we could get better worlds?

64 bit just means they don’t have to limit themselves to a small amount of RAM anymore, so they can have much larger areas as they’re able to have more memory available.

It seems Brindleton Bay was designed for 32 bit but the Pets aspect is what made them tip over to 64 bit.

Judging how Jungle Adventure has an Island that’s accessible without a loading screen, I’d imagine if Brindleton Bay took advantage of 64 bit, you could probably have fast traveled via boat to the island. Or in Windenburg, had access to the Ruins, Bluffs, or Von Haunt Estate from the main Neighborhoods without a loading screen.

A lot of these “1 lot” areas probably wouldn’t need a loading screen to be seperate from the main neighborhood, it was only done due to memory restraints with 32 bit.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 2018
    If this EP could come after Seasons I would like.

giphy.gif

ETA:
    Or, I would definitely support it being a GP rather than an EP at all. Seasons needs to be the next EP.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Actually since Base Game -- there's the freight train that runs across the canal from the Crick Cabana lot that goes through Oasis Springs, and the trolley that goes past the Goth house in Willow Creek and also in one of the Newcrest neighborhoods (the one with the 50x40 lot).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    That would be awesome! Looks like it could be a hint.

Actually since Base Game -- there's the freight train that runs across the canal from the Crick Cabana lot that goes through Oasis Springs, and the trolley that goes past the Goth house in Willow Creek and also in one of the Newcrest neighborhoods (the one with the 50x40 lot).

That’s just an FX object, the backdrops don’t show other areas of the map like Windenburg and later do.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Ugh this would be amazing. I'd prefer seasons to be this years expansion but I'd love for this to be either another ep OR the next GP.
    I'm really happy JA comes with Avocados, black beans and those weird berries but I'd love more harvestables, green houses and animals like cows,chickens,sheep and pigs (pigs maybe for finding truffles?) and with activities like making your own jellies/jams/wine/knitting etc
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Ugh this would be amazing. I'd prefer seasons to be this years expansion but I'd love for this to be either another ep OR the next GP.
    I'm really happy JA comes with Avocados, black beans and those weird berries but I'd love more harvestables, green houses and animals like cows,chickens,sheep and pigs (pigs maybe for finding truffles?) and with activities like making your own jellies/jams/wine/knitting etc

Yes I'd love all those things too! And I definitely want seasons to be the next EP so if this is an EP, then hopefully not the next one (unless we get two of course but I doubt it). But I think with pets already created, maybe there's a slim chance this could fit into a GP. I'd love to go get eggs from my little chickens, take care of my livestock in the morning, then go knit some stuff to sell at the market, and end the day by drinking homemade nectar with my sims in the evening ^^ hmmmm.. :)
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I'd love to have gameplay like that @SimTrippy especially having chickens (preferably more interactive than the sims 3 store chickencoop object) But I'd also love a very sims 3 pets world with all the farms and the open fields and farming build&buy :O I know this game already got a lot of rustic stuff lately with Cats and Dogs and Laundry Day but still I'd like an even more farm like aestatic.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I will pay anything for a live stock farming pack. This is the 3rd time I've said it! and I would say it again.

The Sims Game