The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Forever Starts Somewhere ♥ (26/05) NEW CHAPTER a selection challenge

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @Sweet_Italy - Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that she makes a great one :wink:

Speaking of impressions...I thought I'd give you a teaser for the next update. The prince spends one on one time with one girl from each household...and for now I have teasers from two of those dates. Remember - there aren't allowed to be any romantic interactions on these first catch ups. That will come later :wink:

st2jJfp.png

jyLZ4BR.png
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    You tease. :wink:
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited March 2018
    Exciting! I'm going to guess that's Emilia and Charlotte for the sake of it, but I don't have much faith in my guessing abilities.
    Xandra - who I realised a little too late should be wearing her crazy tinfoil hat (because I'm not opposed to the crazy here #prism #1stcycle #selectionchallenge)

Just read this now. It's fine, she's probably just testing their mind-control strength before she puts her defences up.
    And Prism will always be my absolute favourite girl. :D
    edited March 2018
    ~*~ Chapter 1.2 ~*~

Kwv1dyJ.png
    ~*~

Wednesday , Day 3

Royal Famiky
    Games Room, Late Evening

After spending the better part of three days meeting 21 girls whos names and faces had started to blend together in his mind I figured that he could us a break. In previous seasons of the Selection Challenge I let the prince quit his job for the duration. I haven't decided if Nicholas will continue to work in the Political Career as a National Leader - because duh! he's the prince and his grandfather Julius finally decided to unofficial step down from his duties as the king - but the option to work from home has allowed Nicholas to pursue both a Career and a life partner all at the same time.

Nicholas still had one uncompleted task for the day - he'd already Written a Letter but I figured his job performance could take the hit of a night off. Zoey and Logan were happy to oblige...

AtGEBNu.png

...and they spent the rest of the evening laughing, joking and paying each other out.

njTvxaL.png

Skye and Julius joined the three youngsters in the games room later in the evening...

aEx8AE4.png

...and even though I'd hoped to do some sort of group thing in the games room - everything is kind of made for 4 sims and Skye and Julius couldn't keep their hands off of each other so I decided to roll with it!

PxhdiPm.png

Over all it was a really chilled out and lovely evening of family bonding.

Mvl0fw6.png

...that and I am the biggest sap for family style play. You’ll see a lot more of these little moments throughout the Challenge. You have been warned :wink:

~*~
    Thursday, Day 4

Charlotte
    East Wing Balcony ~ First Solo Date, Early Morning

I am just a little excited for the first ever solo date of the Selection Challenge!!! I didn't do a venue photoshoot because you know...I forgot - so enjoy this behind the scenes shot of Nicholas calling and inviting Charlotte to hang out at current lot and the only sort of of venue photo I have... (I just liked the way the flowers looked with the water and mountains in the background - shhh!) .

mTF0fvA.png

ZmTVkVs.png

Anyway...Charlotte was just a little excited to be the first girl to win one on one time with the prince and even though it was only 7am in the morning she was there within minutes.

4ARmLyY.png

They were both a little nervous and giddy but I think Charlotte covered it better than Nicholas...

R8WJcX7.png

...come on, say it with me now. Naw! The poor dude couldn't keep his nerves off of his face and I'll admit it. I laughed when I saw his face. Come on Nicholas! She's not THAT intimidating :joy:

Z7uxPgL.png

Oooh, look! I found a sort of venue shoot... so pretty :love:

0H3KtYF.png

Nicholas and Charlotte got along really well. They spent most of their time together getting to know each other, discussing their interests and because Charlotte and Nicholas both creatively inclined they spent a lot of time discussing favourite authors and discussing music compositions.

PPOO8aH.png

LEC8I9v.png

cabYOvb.png

Speaking of music compositions...um yeah. I forgot to hire a violinist for the date. :sweat_smile: I had intend on the two friends being serenaded during their date for an added not of romance. Yeah...instead, the unattended violin stared me in the face the entire date reminding me of my massive fail. Hey! I'm human...no one is perfect! :lol:

xogdUhA.png

Overall it was a really sweet and simple date. Charlotte definitely endeared herself to me - especially after I read through @Sonschi description of who Charlotte was again and realised that I had cast her incorrectly in my mind as a bold seductive girl when she is really more of a recluse sweet heart desperate to learn more about the world :heart:

As always Nicholas rounded off the date with a goodbye hug...

T3W1w4Q.png

...I mean could he look anymore taken with her?

OheM26X.png

6CQXBVy.png

Naaaaaaaw! We are one date in and I am already melting. :heart::heart::heart:

And...because we are going a little more modern and current with this challenge Charlotte had no reservations about requesting a photo with the Prince to commemorate their time together...

vDOJ2d7.png

alCVLIC.png

...and because I like to roll with my moments of inspiration what better way to mark something a little different for this cycle of the Selection Challenge than with 'Offical Photos' at the end of each date...

ReWKweW.png

Ta dah!
    ~*~

Friday, Day 5

Emilia
    Castle Gardens ~ Solo Date, Early Morning

Having one date under his belt I like to think that Nicholas was alot more confident going into this date.

99d4sdx.png

See..look at how confident his looks here!

XSV0Xzs.png

And I think Emilia was just as confident.

97gMKW3.png

She'd barely said hi to Nicholas and asked about his day before helping herself to a seat. P.S. ignore Skye's dog Lady just causally strolling through the middle of my shot - on your way doggo!

qubctmo.png

Nicholas was happy to follow Emilia's lead...

9uVOEkB.png

M1fPsP9.png

...and they had a great time getting to know each other and once again discuss favourite authors and musical compositions. For a moment there I couldn't understand why the author option kept showing up...had I forgotten that Nicholas was a bookworm? I know I'd made him a music lover...but a bookworm? I didn't think I had...

jWXDOc0.png

Yeah nope! I discovered after a little more research that Emilia and Charlotte were both bookworms. Lol! :joy: You have to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Eventually I wanted to change up their date a little bit and by change it up I encourage Emilia to make some ice tea for them to sip on. :joy:

You know...cause the two of them sipping on a glass of ice tea is SUCH a difference :joy:

lXUsETS.png

Emilia was happy to whip it up...and it looked like they both approved of it.

1QBFLe4.png

Emilia downed hers almost immediately...

YvCMF26.png

...and Nicholas wasn't far behind her. Hmm...maybe they were thirsty?

aq0I1UN.png

That or Emilia put something in their water because without even really trying Emilia and Nicholas bypassed Friends and went straight to Good Friends. It's the first Good Friends relationship of the compeition - beside Eva and I'm not counting that because that was an existing relationship - and I felt like that deserved a little celebration.

mzPUtsC.png

Originally I had planned for their date to last until 11am sim time but as you can see I let it drift passed midday and who doesn't love a good sunlit shot in the gardens?

bIKgZxR.png

Nicholas wrapped up the date not long afterwards. Emila and Nicholas could have spent hours talking to and getting to know each other but Nicholas had another date to get to and I wasn't missing it for anything...or pushing it into an evening date. Evening dates feel just a little too romantic to me and because of the way the relationship mechanics work in this game the girls and Nicholas aren't allowed to pursue any romantic interactions during their first date. Because of the nature of the challenge and the large gaps between solo time - the only time romantic interactions are allowed - girls with lower romantic relationship bars can fall victim to the Just Friends relationship status and I'm sure that I don't need to tell you that once you end up in the friendzone...it is almost impossible to escape it!

Anyway...we've gotten sidetracked...Nicholas gave Emilia a hug goodbye.

L2r65Oe.png

J0pRTLV.png

And I melt just a little on the inside at the tenderness. What?!?! They are cute together and I am a sap. :bawling::heart:

moLm4C4.png
    ~*~

Friday, Day 5

Yesenia
    Castle Gardens ~ Solo Date, Early Afternoon

I know that I say this every time - but I was super excited for this date. I think this is my favourite date set up this week.

hG9bx4h.png

Nicholas approved so much he took a selfie to commemorate the moment. That, and I have a sneak intention of using some of these selfie shots as 'Offical Date' notifications of the royal families 'Simstagram page' :wink:

LYe59oW.png

Classic photo of Yesenias entrance to the date...

686MPOr.png

...a creative side profile of the moment...

nxIJqGE.png

...and this date can get underway. Yesenia started of with a funny story (because she is a cheerful sim - duh!)...

IcjxhrS.png

...and Nicholas seemed pretty receptive to her humor.

6Vk2Bgi.png

I mean, by all counts thats a great way to start a date. Turns out Yesenia didn't back up the bold start to the date with the boldness to join Prince Nicholas at their picnic table...

nduawpA.png

Uh...Yesenia? Giiiiiiirl move your pixelated posterior a little closer. That is NOT a good way to start off a date. :joy:

Um yeah...she literally required some motivation and encouragement. OMG! Sims you are too funny sometimes... :joy:

lGkm72V.png

Once Yesenia was actually sitting within a normal talking distance from Nicholas the two hit it off really well.

Kc1Gjal.png

It was the first converstation that wasn't centered around favourite authors and musical compositions...

igXQPip.png

And I kind of threw a little party. There are a few bookworms amongst this years Selected Girls. :lol:

Fr1S4fq.png

I didn't actually capture any photos of it...because how interesting is Sims eating anyway? But this moment made me laugh hard enough to snap a picture of it and want to share it with you guys. Yesenia and Nicholas filled their hunger bars with some delicous Lemon Merange Pie and clearly Nicholas was really into it :lol:

osMAAr4.png

Nicholas rolled the want to Take a Picture of Yesenia towards the end of the date and I was more than happy to fulfil that need. That's an extra point for Yesenia (that I just realised I didn't include in her end of week tally (whoops - spoiler/spoiler Yesenia doesn't get eliminated this week - she wouldn't be on the tally if she was). anyway...

No03KKO.png

...after Yesenia posed for a picture a small part of me was itchy to inject just a little romance into their date and seeing as I coudln't actually click on any romantic interactions and slow dancing (frustratingly) is STILL not in the game I decided to use my pose player to cheat some romance into the date. WHAT!?! I'm human. I'm not going to apologise for sort of flouting my own rules. Sue me! Or you know...melt because, um...

PDY7Omj.png

ryPoAHN.png

nq4vdwL.png

I mean even Nicholas' sister Zoey melted...

IXfm8mz.png

Hello! It's called romantic and drool worthy and you know you don't hate me for doing it. :wink:

BVSubd8.png

But seriously please don't hate me! This was a super cute date...

3uZmpkm.png

...and the two wrapped it up as Friends.

KC8QTrY.png

JlAPKQU.png

Say it with me now...naaaaaaaaaw!

2jIYtoD.png

And that my friends wraps up this mini update. I decided to split it in two and share the report with you in my next update but for now...
    enjoy a round up of this weeks dates and how the girls went compared to each other...

sFaHTZB.png

...and a small teaser of the very first elimination of this Selection Challenge!!! ARGH!!!! Head up - it's a sim I created because I realised somehow in the craziness of a new baby and being way to excited for this challenge... I forgot to include @MINEZ girl that she submitted for this cycle of the Selection Challenge. Still I created two sims in this challenge so good luck guessing if it was Annabelle or Annika :wink:

6d7W5yT.png
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    @Kamio you included Minerva!! Arabella was my backup in case there wasn't enough. You are, as usual, on top of your game. Brilliant update btw!! All The dates were soooo cute and awesome!
    Hey guys!

I'm needing some cool solo and group date ideas. Hit me up with suggestions - links to lots on the gallery or if you are feeling really adventurous you could make me a room or a lot for one of the dates. I am open to anything and would love to see if I can inject a little creativity from you awesome people! :heart:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Oh great chapter! I am so, so happy that the Prince rolled a want for Giselle. Roll more! Yeah!
    And drama already...oh my! You did a great job @Kamio
    I'll get thinking!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    @Kamio yay amazing chapter, super excited that Yesenia went on the date! It was so cute and the shots of them together were so romantic and adorable.... <3 The other girls dates were beautiful too, looking forward to reading more haha
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    What a great chapter and the dates looked amazing :) Happy to see my sim have the very first solo date of the challenge ^^
    Yesenia, Nicholas doesn't bite... probably.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Wow! I can't believe it's already 3rd season of selection challenge. I missed the casting call, but I'm going to follow this anyway. I always loved how you've been writing this @Kamio
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    Wow, I completely forgot that I submitted Alexis and Isla to this this challenge! Loved the first couple of chapters :smile:
    edited March 2018
    ~*~ Chapter 1.3 ~*~

5mZHcXD.png
    ~*~

Friday, Day 5

Royal Family
    Games Room, Early Evening

With the first Report looming around the corner - literally the next day - Nicholas' mother had been trying to organise a catch up the entire week. He knew that she wanted his take on the girls and it he wished that he didn't have to constantly turn down her invitations to drinks at the local watering hole, or a last minute phone call at the end of the day asking what his plans for dinner were.

Nicholas knew that he wasn't going to ask anymore of the girls to spend time together before the Report and decided to put his mother out of her misery and invite her around for the evening.
    KonwqGo.png

She arrived sooner than he expected and other than a short trip by the skill room, where she and Nicholas spent some time together catching up on life outside of the Selection while Cadence let her paint brush roam over a spare canvas...
    d5yj87X.png

...the two ventured into the Queen's drawing room. I kind of love these little moments when the family is just sitting around together.
    RIWvVX8.png

Eventually the Royal family drifted off to do their own things and Skye was only too happy to tickle the ivories in the corner after an inspiring conversation. Perhaps it was memories of her own time in the Selection or her heart swelling with happiness at the fullness in her life...but she lost herself in the music.
    CQ2fhj3.png

Cadence and the boys drifted off to a game of cards. Cadence wasn't leaving her sons side for a moment. She spent hours every evening talking to Zoey on the phone. There was just something about boys...they weren't as inclined to give their mothers a call just to say hi and Nicholas - a master communicator and gifted charismatic leader of the nation was no exception.
    6IqYvzR.png
    W7iLYGm.png

Zoey was a little inspired by her - sort of - grandmother's love of the piano and decided to pick up a violin in the corner and attempt to delight her family members in the same way....
    0yEKAlN.png

It was a massive fail and I ended up having to cut the evening short because Zoey's music was making everyone tense...
    1WWEAKG.png

...that and their lavish lifestyle was starting to pack on the kilos so I figured I should capitalise on the moment and send the family off for an at home spa treatment and quick session at the gym.
    ZMYzGFG.png

...and yes, that is Julius massaging Skye's feet. WHAT! He is a loving husband and worships the ground his wife walks on and what better way to worship then massaging her feet? Yeah, that was a question...Is it weird? Probably :joy:
    NigF9oj.png
    ZSPi51T.png
    ~*~

Saturday, Day 6

Minerva & Alexis
    Alexis Room, Late Morning

mOfZLaN.png

Having three houses of girls certainly makes the workload pretty heavy when it comes to making sure they are going to show up at the Report in the right outfit. I certainly didn't play each of the households prior to the report...
    2Xi9Ir3.png
    CJF064f.png
    ejL6his.png

...but Minerva and Alexis had developed a fairly close friendship and I just had to have them do something seriously girl and get dressed up together. Alexis was an absolute knock out in her outfit and I just had to snap a shot of her checking herself out in mirror before getting my happy snap of the two girls together for Alexis' Simstagram account.
    cW46YpT.png
    vvyjcrj.png
    ~*~

Saturday, Day 6

ALL
    The Report, Early Evening

wtaz4bD.png

The girls turned up to the party in style! I decided to do something a little different and maybe a little less formal that a grand ball and had Nicholas invite the girls around for a Dinner. The girls turned up in style...
    iwRUtMF.png
    2RCB9CA.png

Nicholas found himself surrounded and the girls literally descended on him from every angle. He was hopping from one converstation to the next faster than I could keep up.
    BaInJur.png
    gq7ImUo.png
    GvKeIWS.png
    4bHiDKB.png

Eventually Nicholas and I were overwhelmed enough by all of the girls and wondering who he had and hadn't spoken to that I decided to slow things down and Call the Girls to a Meal
    SvkMRuE.png

It was a little messy at first and Nicholas managed to get himself shafted from the center of the tables and off to one side. To say I was disappointed was an understatement - I'd even directed him into the middle chair...
    fBZZRHq.png

...and after one seriously long game of musical chairs, he eventually found himself at the end of one of the tables with Isla and Giselle sitting either side of him.
    KML1HoE.png

It looked successful enough until I realised that Charlotte had decided to take a seat off to the side of the room and enjoy her dinner AND engage Nicholas in conversation rather than sit on the other side of the table.
    cB1vdO0.png

Dinner ended quickly and the girls were up and running just as quickly as they had at the start of the evening...only this time I paid a little more attention to the conversations they engaged each other in. Other than mixed group dates - which Nicholas hasn't thrown yet - and the Report the girls don't really have a chance to get to known girls from the other houses.
    FFkr0C2.png
    1sHcVSg.png
    TWCmLJR.png
    SK1yq5N.png
    0RWh01O.png
    62eeaW7.png
    N3Mzewx.png

Eva and Maeve remained pretty recluse throughout the evening... honestly Maeve spent the majority of the evening dance next to the radio.
    vHpNP7D.png

But neither girl went unnoticed and neither girl with their slightly anti-social behaviours marked them negatively in the Prince's mind. Nicholas himself appreciated a moment to himself. If you don't know...he's a loner! :wink:
    szZlWsG.png

Either way - all good things must come to an end and before long it was time for an elimination. I didn't snap a picture of Nicholas inviting the eliminated girl outside for a private conversation, but it was extremely clear who needed to be sent home. Not only did she and Nicholas have the lowest relationship score out of everyone...she'd actually had the audacity to be mean to one of the other Selected Girls - which according to the rules is grounds for immediate dismissal so I didn't even have to blink twice before directing Nicholas to head on outside onto the balcony and call Annika over to join him.
    1kWQXy5.png
    0VDwzmG.png

He invited her to take a seat over by the edge of the balcony and the poor girl had no clue what was about to happen. I think that she honestly thought that he'd stolen her away for a secret romantic rendezvous - literally she started the conversation by talking about woohoo...
    GM3Mm6J.png

And Nicholas awkwardly had to steer the conversation away from any suggest of romance or an ongoing relationship.
    7eqv4LD.png

In fact, when he finally let her known that he was intending to send her home Annika was so blind sighted I almost felt bad for her...
    mgnmNbz.png

...until she started yelling and a judges hammer appeared over her head and she started threatening Nicholas with a lawsuit.
    KHdXKZJ.png

Poor dude hadn't expected Annika to take it well but he certainly hadn't expect to get yelled at...and I actually felt bad for him.
    cKz1y2u.png

I mean she literally carried on through her goodbye shoot.
    EbB56TU.png

So long Annika...can't say I'll miss you. She was the granddaughter of Savannah - one of the girls from the 1st cycle of the Selection Challenge - and I actually had high hopes for her. Oh well.

...and with that there were twenty.
    Dpg0LlZ.png

Instagram & Extras
    vZaoXlV.png
    CzSi3vv.png
    QGt74NS.png
    VNozj9q.png
    N3YqsQq.png

The weekly round up of the girls stats and standings in the competition are below...
    n4jaILP.png

...and as always a spoiler or two. One girls gets eliminated in the middle of her date after attempting to put the moves on the prince (Hint: he turned her down and then she insluted him after getting angry about it) and one girl seriously steals both my heart and the prince's heart...
    [img][/img]EP7TRGw.png

...I mean with a late night date at a lake...how could you not get swept up in the romance of it all?
    [img][/img]gy0SSED.png
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    lovely chapter, all the girls looked gorgeous in their formal wear. With my own Selection I can definitely relate to the musical chairs problem, it is impossible to get the sims all to sit down at once! :D
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Wow! Great chapter. These sims never cooperate when you want them to do something! lol So happy that Giselle is still "up there" in the standings and lovely shots of Lori, too. Charlotte really did look lovely in her dress and hairstyle. I loved all the gowns, but in one pic I saw that one of the girls had changed into their witch costume. lol Sad to see anyone go, and she didn't take it very well. The table setting and room for dinner were spectacular.
    so long Annika.
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Omg, such a lovely chapter!
    Gawd the Party Shoots... So many people, so many girls... I Would have died if I were the prince :D
    What a lovely way to wake up in the morning. A new chapter from my favorite series.

Maevesparkles, cute! I hope she's staying a lady ;) And Eva looks gorgeous.

I'm always happy and never disapointed when it comes to your chapters.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited March 2018
    Kamio wrote: »

It looked successful enough until I realised that Charlotte had decided to take a seat off to the side of the room and enjoy her dinner AND engage Nicholas in conversation rather than sit on the other side of the table.
    cB1vdO0.png

Sneaky Charlotte, very sneaky.

And I bet I can guess what Xandra's talking about; but Luella looks pretty elated. Do we have a recruit for the anti-llamanoid gang perhaps?
    Kamio wrote: »
    TWCmLJR.png

SoulGal7 wrote: »
    in one pic I saw that one of the girls had changed into their witch costume. lol

Now I'm desperately searching all of the pictures for a witch.

Looks like its Eva's new ploy to hide from Nicholas.
    Oh my goodness you guys are like hawks!! I forgot to remove Eva’s costume from her party looks. I had to go out mid report and edit her wardrobe! I was hoping I could sneak that one past you :joy: Yeah...nope!

@Pema22 - Yeah musical chairs is no joke! I downloaded a mod to lengthen party/social event times - because honestly half of the event is normally wasted by musical chairs. :lol:

@SoulGal7 - Yeah Giselle has been a run away favourite. I don’t want to give too much away...
    She goes on a group date in the 2nd week and Nicholas rolled want after want for her :hushed:

@Damaro - I get so overwhelmed. I didn’t know where to look! My new plan of attack is to follow Nicholas around the party and his experience of it. Just too hard to capture 20 girls and their unique experience at the party!!!

@dreamprisoner - All I can say is that I love that sims can tell each other engaging stories coz Xandra gets right into it.

@Irishsong :heart:
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Loved this chapter!! Amazing as usual
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    This chapter is great! And Charlotte even made it on the cover :o

Btw, what do the numbers on the pie chart next to the girls' names mean?
    @Sonschi - They are their standing in the challenge compared to the others. Every girl starts off with 1 point so they atleast show up.

They get 1 additional point if:
    •. Nicholas rolls a want for them
    • They are the favourite (have the highest relationship bar with Nicholas after an event)
    •. Score a Gold Medal on a date - there haven’t been any offical dates yet...
    •. Or they win them through a competition.
    Insightful
    jzZP0sJ.png