Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Forever Starts Somewhere ♥ (26/05) NEW CHAPTER a selection challenge

KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
~*~ VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE GIRL!!!!!!~*~

Heya lovely people if you get a chance head on over HERE and vote for you favourite girl...or you can copy this link into our browser! GO! GO! GO!!!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JNJJLMX
VOTE! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!!!

~*~

~The Selection Challenge Gen 3 ~
Forever Starts Somewhere

Well without further ado welcome to the Selection Challenge for my 3rd Generation His Royal Highness and Heir to the Throne Nicholas Browning. You can check out the rules for the Selection Challenger HERE I'll be following the die-hard rules for this challenge :smiley:

~*~Introducing the Girls~*~

They have been separated into three houses show here by their rows. The Pink House, The Yellow House and the Blue House.

K7Ck31B.png

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
Post edited by Kamio on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited March 2018
    Enjoy the story guys! I am beyond excited to share this with you!!!

Other
    The Selection Challenge ~ 1st Generation ||To Be Edited||
    The Selection Challenge ~ 2nd Generation ||Not Much to See/Only a few chapters||
    The Life of the Royals ||Generation 2 Family Updates||
    The Selection Challenge Rules
    Post edited by Kamio on
    edited March 2018
    ~*~Background Story~*~

Now for a bit of background... Nicholas lead a rather sheltered existence in the suburbs unaware of his true destiny after his mother sought refuge from the life and pressure of being royal after the sudden and unexpected death of her Husband Christian Collazo. You can read about his younger years and catch up on the life of the royals prior to the Selection Challenge[url=]HERE[/url].

For now I am very excited to share this challenge with you! It will come in drips and draps over the next few months - I just had a baby (he made an early appearance - so it'll be extra slow as he catches up on his growth and I adjust to our new family dynamic - but I can't wait to get this underway

So, without further ado here are the five years leading up to the Selection.
    ~*~The Prequel Part One~*~
    The Before Years
    I decided to do something a little bit different and introduce one of the mediums my updates for the challenge are going to come in. Plus...everyone has a history and I figured it was time for you to see what happened a few years before the Selection Challenge
    K3cHmbr.png
    4b9y8VB.png
    JSOvKRM.png
    7yMbBFP.png
    YTPVg1P.png
    44U8t6Q.png
    RFO0b3C.png
    feTaEJg.png
    raFLhnt.png
    i8jJFb3.png
    rO8yRtX.png
    jVP1ae0.png
    lGvTXvc.png
    k1GQVmI.png
    5gRlqZv.png
    2aTJAE4.png
    6JgXKZx.png
    5YQKfDI.png
    YWEMvcN.png
    zrSe0F4.png
    Di73grI.png
    9dGNkj9.png
    QflKtcb.png
    8RqGv9k.png
    ~*~The Prequel Part Two~*~
    The Years Following The Reveal of Nicholas Brownings Heritage
    A Secret is revealed...
    XLvpztm.png

Ingvsp8.png

bxA3wSK.png

9krBWxf.png

HvrFnuL.png

opgPrDG.png

dT9Cz6R.png

nQHS2bn.png

"Hi I'm Maria Pancakes and I am coming to you with an insider scoop on a big announcement. I'm here in Brindleton Bay for what many suspect to be the announcement King Julius retirement from the throne. Many have speculated that King Julius will be passing the Throne on to his eldest surviving son Prince Henry, but only time will tell. The Royal Family have been rather silent on their plans..."

kh4lQHg.png

"And here they come now with Prince Henry in the lead..."

Kt3y3UN.png

"Hello my fellow Sims," King Julius started, "For along time now you have questioned me on the line of succession to the throne and for along time we have remained silent.

BZAE6FW.png

"I can happily say that now," The King continued "ahead of my 70th Birthday in a few short days... that I will be retiring from the throne."

JlPTRaS.png

"WAIT" Maria Pancakes interrupted the feed for her viewers, "Paul zoom in on the woman in green... I don't believe my eyes..." Maria said dumbfounded, "I don't believe it. Viewers if you are just tuning in...the royal family have turned out in support of King Julius retirement from the throne and one of the women bares a striking resemblance to our long since and presumed deceased wife of heir to the throne Prince Christian and future Queen of Windenburg."

dYtXlNG.png

"It looks like our Future Queen may not have died in child birth as we first thought...It's true ladies and gentlemen. I can confirm our Princess is still alive...and it looks like the child may have survived birth... He is taking the stand now and I can't believe I didn't see it before. He's the spiting image of our prince..."

BJCz0Ry.png

"Hi," Nicholas started heavily, swallow a lump that felt like it was the size of mount Everest, "The rumours are true...my name is Nicholas Browning. Though... I guess its Collazo now. I am Prince Christian's son..."

kT0IZJr.png

"And ... ah, the Heir to the Throne a responsibility I accept in full.

~*~

BJ0nFse.png

mM1OuFn.png

If0S2Fo.png

R9fBpAl.png

KjyPQRp.png

cN03tby.png

DpK1KJ8.png

timLeV1.png

N0hnmjI.png

bVNVXkF.png

ECr7Wqg.png

Q3OhU7G.png

1ORGNQl.png

WSqquB2.png

P6X2SnI.png
    Post edited by Kamio on
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Be still my heart! I love what you've done!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong - Thanks! I’m working in the 2nd part of the prequel and then onto the Selection!!! Eep!
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Liking this a lot
    Updated the title page/introduction and included the 2nd part of the prequel...scroll up!!!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I love this, its crazy to see how everyone's grown. Though I don't know I can keep up with all the cousins, and aunts and fiances. Julius is already retiring, and 70? Makes me happy and sad all at once.

Anyway, the girls look great. And I think I want to follow Basketball_king, Logan is hilarious.

I'm so excited.
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    first of all, a massive congratulations to you and your family on having a baby boy! I hope you are doing well and are very happy <3
    and yay! I'm so excited for this to start! Just read through the whole thing and love the new phone format, looking forward to see it start
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2018
    Congratulation! Hope you are all well!

Looove the format
    I am very excited for Nick and us meeting the girls :D
    I am so excited to be apart of another selection challenge. I don't know what it is, but @Kamio 's writing always feels so elegant. It buzzes me and make me excited!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Kamio - fantastic job of those postings. And all the selection entries look great! You have done an awesome job and with a new baby! Amazing! I think this will be a phenomenal story.
    @Kamio just when i thought you could outdo the last story u do!!! Flashes into the story via instagram, brilliant!!
    Thanks for all the love everyone and congratulations on the arrival of my little boy. I manage drips and drabs and am very excited for all of my plans for this one. I’m hoping to get the first chapter/issue of this story up by the end of the week! Wish me luck!!
    edited March 2018
    Enjoy! I LOOOOOVED working on this update! I hope that you enjoy it! This is pretty much the format of how I'm going to be uploading this story!!! :love:
    ~*~ Week 1.1 ~*~

8ZQVUnp.png
    I can't believe that I am finally ready to share the first chapter with you! Strap in guys...it is a wild one!!!

8PYOKEt.png

RHPwwdS.png

ufnCPyX.png

O99f8N0.png

4ZVdUvT.png

26kelzl.png

GafO65k.png

Instagram & Extras

9xgurvf.png

YdTZCFz.png

~*~
    Sunday, Day -1

Yellow House
    Yellow Manor, Morning

Since when have my games ever started off perfectly? I was so keen to get the Selection Challenge underway that I didn't pay attention to what day of the week it was and ended up moving the girls into their houses three days early. It worked out perfectly because I wasted the first two getting all of the promo shoots, elimination photoshoot, makeovers and headshots out of the way and it left me with one day to actually spend in one of the household ahead of the first round of parties kicking off.

Naturally I chosen the Yellow house because...well... three sims that I was rather attached to were in the house and I knew that I wouldn't have to guess at as many personalities.

Lorenna - Daughter of Ella from the 1st Cycle of the Selection Challenge - and Annabel - Niece of Ariana from the 1st Cycle of the Selection Challenge - were fast friends. Both appreciating the finer things in life. They were used to stories of the palace and they naturally drifted towards each other...

oOb1q98.png

Macy - who for some reason came across as rather innocent and sweet natured...though to be honest she's more of an academic ended up distracting herself from the meet and greet going on around her but acquainting acquainted herself with one of the easels. It was kind of cool and she ended up painting this super moody rainy landscape before slotting in to Lorenna and Annabel's converstation. They don't really strike me as the perfect trio...but for now it worked.

WFIUf4q.png

N6XHA2t.png

That, and the remaining girls were busy with a good ol' game of cards and well...there wasn't any space for Macy at the table. Whoops!

tpw0vnR.png

y5bwULG.png

So there you have it. It was kind of a chilled day in the Yellow household. No one's personality was too overpower and there aren't any hard feelings yet but I'll be interested to see how things develop as the girls start spending time with the prince and the competition actually begins. I'd be the worst person to compete against in one of these things. I don't share my things and well...I wouldn't happily be sharing someone like Nick with 20 other girls. :lol:

I guess it is a good thing that I am already married :lol:

P.S. this one didn't really fit in anywhere...but I kind of love Jolene's face here! :lol:

WZ8U2Xx.png

~*~
    Monday, Day 1

Pink House
    Castle Gardens ~ First Impressions Party, Mid Morning

eHaQ3tN.png

Prince Nicholas was just a little excited to get things underway...and very happily posed for a photo with the girls once they had arrived.

qnHZa41.png

I like to think that the girls took a little time orienting themselves with the garden setting for the party and staring in awe at the castle...and to be fair the majority of them did...but I'm not here to talk about the majority. :wink:

Luella and Charlotte are not the kind of girls to pass up a great opportunity to monopolize the prince and the two girls practically pounced on the prince as soon as he was free.

9ryRMWL.png

zstaOH2.png

L1qBmNG.png

Xandra - who I realised a little too late should be wearing her crazy tinfoil hat (because I'm not opposed to the crazy here #prism #1stcycle #selectionchallenge) but eh...it happens - was not too impressed with the prince. Despite a rather normal day and introductin (so far) Xandra is still convinced that the royal family are invaders from outer space here to overthrow the government and gain control of all of their military power or something equally crazy. Like maybe they are here to steal all of our water. She's still working on the story for her blog...

pNdlHN8.png

Regardless - he did actually catch up with all of the girls and there was a clear favourite towards the end of the day.

bgXfkL6.png

nQSNSAy.png

Party Overview
    Milestones: Nothing major to report...all of the girls are still acquaintances
    Party Medal: Silver
    Prince's Favourite Girl: Charlotte - by a long shot. I didn't even have to squint at the relationship bars. She's miles ahead.
    Extras: I really liked this party. I kind of wish that there had been a few more hours in the day...but nothing is ever perfect and even though there weren't any necessarily stand out moments...I enjoyed wrapping my head around the newer format of separating the girls between households and having smaller more intimate parties. My game runs 1000% better and I can actually pay attention to the girls.

Instagram & Extras

Uvn5uZj.png
    EaXc03h.png

~*~
    Tuesday, Day 2

Yellow House
    Castle Gardens ~ First Impressions Party, Mid Morning

Nicholas amazes me. I was a little tired at this point and wish I'd been patient enough to take a picture of Nicholas in the sun for this one...but you know...priorities. He was still excited and I got a photo of him before the party got underway so that is a win in my book...just saying. Oh right! For those who don't know...or haven't picked it up yet...there are 7 girls in each household.

Fzhl1mY.png

Speaking of Seven girls in each household...shall we kick things off with the Promo shot (which I secretly shot at the end of the party)? :wink: Shhhh!!!!

Ly6c0pQ.png

Anyway, I like to think that this event was a little bit more laid back. Maybe it was because Nicholas had already gotten the first party out of the way...or because I'd already acquainted myself with the girls from the Yellow Household? But, either way I wasn't surprised to see Lorenna and Annabel monopolize the prince almost instantly. Come on...are you surprised? They are both super confident, gorgeous girls...

tu4HMNw.png

I had to say though...and don't take it the wrong way...none of the girls made a truly unique impression on the prince. And trust me, it was not for lack of trying.

LxtmQE0.png

4H8ECWM.png

2WWbd4H.png

7NT0lPA.png

1pAVkqe.png

aAnye9X.png

So why did they struggle to make lasting impressions? Well, Nicholas was distracted from the moment the First Impressions party for the Yellow house started.

EE5P5qd.png

Does the brunette in the green dress at the back look familiar to you? Well she should (if you took the time to read the prequel - which hint hint you should go and check out if you haven't already -) because Nicholas could have sworn he was seeing a ghost. Figured out who she is yet?

Nope? Don't worry it took Nicholas a few moments of flat out staring to realise who she was as well. The mystery girl? She's Eva, Mel's twin sister.

Nicholas was great - bless him. He tried to do the polite thing and introduce himself to the other girls first...but as soon as he'd fulfilled the niceties he descended on Eva instantly. He couldn't stand the waiting and Eva had spent the majority of the morning drifting around the edges of his conversations but somehow always managed to slip away before he could find an appropriate way to bring her into his conversation.

Some of the other girls...even the shyer ones had a way of placing themselves in his path or slipping into his conversations that it was a really struggle to Eva's attention.

zMwy1Uq.png

Eva was hesitant at first when Nicholas finally approached her and asked to borrow her for a moment. The girls weren't plum and a number of them had figured out that Nicholas and Eva had some sort of history. As polite and subtle as Nicholas had tried to be he was about as subtle as a sledge hammer and almost all of the girls had noticed the anxious glances he had spent the morning shooting Eva's way.

A7PhrPb.png

Nicholas didn't even care that a few of the girls had crossed their arms in frustration. He wasn't meant to be spending one on one time with any of the girls yet and Nicholas hadn't exactly been careful about having their conversation out of the other girls eye sight...

Originally a few of the girls had pegged Eva as his high school girlfriend but as soon as they saw the way his cool façade slipped as he started speaking they realised she wasn't some long lost love.

l0QDiyZ.png

In fact she kind of seemed a little standoffish...

KT3vgHB.png

...and a few of the girls were shocked to see Eva give - what it looked like anyway - the Prince a piece of her mind.

RmawBee.png

The other girls couldn't see Nicholas' reaction but they could tell that he was tense...

DDJLCfv.png

...and after Eva had all but stormed back into the party the girls noticed the slump in his shoulders and the almost dark shadow that descended over the prince while he took a moment to himself before shaking it off and returning with his usual cool and happy demeanour.

zleA4Ya.png

dia1xZk.png

Promo Details...

JrZGpKS.png

rPVIIpc.png

aEGIU7N.png

~*~

Wednesday, Day 3 || 9:00 a.m.
    First Impressions Party ~ Blue House

QH38oTE.png

I am just a little in love with the set up for the Blue House First Impressions Party...

yHb0Oya.png

Isn't it beyond beautiful? I could die happy here :blush:

yx78KLU.png

The girls were pretty impressed with it from what I could gather and made themselves at home in no time.

g0HJtI8.png

nIePSM2.png

Minerva spent most of her time casting side long glances at the prince...

6wASWhj.png

She was one of the last girls to say hello to the prince...

WWS1aqY.png

nIePSM2.png

4FnzzLs.png

DCp0G6J.png

...and she only approached him after I literally kicked her plum into gear and directed her over to his table. :frowning: Talk about reluctant...

ixny7GZ.png

The girls have a photography fetish I swear...they are always rolling wants to take pictures, selfies or pictures with or of other sims. Crazy stuff!

bSf18gR.png

Instagram & Extras

dyADQVn.png
    hPEHg7O.png
    8OuAiFt.png

~*~

Well that is offically a wrap on the first edition/update of the Selection Challenge so without further ado check out the weekly round up! Normally I'd include a sneak peek into one of the main events from the next update...but - I haven't gotten that far game play wise! So eep!

A7T76yz.png
    Post edited by Kamio on
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 its starting!!! Lol Minerva...
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    Off to a great start! I loved this chapter, the makeovers for Luella and Yesenia were great and I love finally seeing them all at the palace looking all dainty haha. The screenshots were super lovely as well!! <3
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    A drama at the beginning (Eva). I love it :love:

I'm glad Charlotte is doing great so far. Jolene looks like she likes Nicholas ^^
    Nice start :#
    The points seem pretty equal right now, but that would most likely not stayed that way :D
    edited March 2018
    Eva's doing well. Awesome! Now Maeve needs to grace him.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited March 2018
    Xandra wans't too impressed with the prince... (she's still convinced that the royal family are invaders from outer space here to overthrown the government and gain control off all of their military power).

It all makes sense now, how didn't I see this before?

It took him a good few moments of flat out staring to realised that the brunette was his ex-girlfriend's twin.

Eva! Why are you here? I mean, I know why, but why? You have a thing for Nickolas now? I'm already liking their drama, but now I feel weird shipping Nick and his ex's sister. Help me. And Zoey - with her #moveon, come on, it hasn't been that long.

QH38oTE.png

The blue house is my favourite. Lori is gorgeous, Nick best be careful, because that's a pretty attractive web she has. And Minerva is adorable, you had to force her to go and say hello. :D She has to be my favourite, bar Xandra (Because soccer mom is inescapable).

It begins! There are so many girls to remember, I had to sit there with the name chart on one side of the screen and the chapter on the other. And drama already? This is going to be fun.

Also Xandra's makeover looks great, who knew yellow was her colour?
    edited March 2018
    Xandra wans't too impressed with the prince... (she's still convinced that the royal family are invaders from outer space here to overthrown the government and gain control off all of their military power).

It all makes sense now, how didn't I see this before?

It took him a good few moments of flat out staring to realised that the brunette was his ex-girlfriend's twin.

Eva! Why are you here? I mean, I know why, but why? You have a thing for Nickolas now? I'm already liking their drama, but now I feel weird shipping Nick and his ex's sister. Help me. And Zoey - with her #moveon, come on, it hasn't been that long.

QH38oTE.png

The blue house is my favourite. Lori is gorgeous, Nick best be careful, because that's a pretty attractive web she has. And Minerva is adorable, you had to force her to go and say hello. :D She has to be my favourite, bar Xandra (Because soccer mom is inescapable).

It begins! There are so many girls to remember, I had to sit there with the name chart on one side of the screen and the chapter on the other. And drama already? This is going to be fun.

Also Xandra's makeover looks great, who knew yellow was her colour?

Well... it has been 3 years wasn't it? I think it is a good time to have moved on...But everyone has their own pace I think. :D.

The blue house is my favourite too!

I like your new banner @Kamio who is that next to Annabel and Lorenna? Someone new? 8O Or is it Elanova?
    @MINEZ - Haha I know! Minerva was hilarious. All of the other girls were all over Nicholas like a rash...or atleast willing to have a converstatin with him :lol:

@Damaro - Haha yeah! It's a little hectic with 21 girls. I'm looking forward to the crowd thinning out a little. Lol! I'm a little overwhelmed myself!!! And yeah...that's Elanova. :smiley: I don't know if I have a favourite household yet...but I'm keen to flesh out some house dramas :wink:

And yeah...the girls have just been given one point each so they show up on the chart. They get extra points when/if Nicholas rolls a want for them...or they round out the party as his favourite. So far Giselle, Eva and Anora are the only girls he's rolled wants for. Charlotte, Emilia and Yesenia were the house favourites from each party and so nabbed 1 point each.

@dreamprisoner - OMG! Your commentry had me in stitches. I don't know if Eva has a thing for him...she's kind of a devil may care do whatever coz eh, how bad can it be kind of person. In my mind she thinks he was great to her sister and kind of respects the way he was towards her sister. She's had a few not so nice guys in her life. But secretly she's mainly here because she is an aspiring writer...and write what you know. What better way to get some great material for some drama :wink:

@Irishsong - Maeve was actually really great in the First Impression party. She hung around the prince like no tomorrow but she wasn't pushy...she just kept winding up in his converstation with other girls :lol:

@Sonschi - Naw! Thank you so much! I loved putting it together. I read through it last night and omg I have so many minor spelling/gramatical errors. Being tired will do that to you! Haha!

And yeah duh! I just realised that I never upload my super dramatic breakup photos between Nick and Mel for my prequel! I'm going to add them in...but I am a sucker for drama and wanted to share them with you guys now...coz I can :wink:

Actually last minute I decided to include a few of the extras on top of my original plan...

Here are Skye and Julius showing up on Cadence's door step ready to reveal the truth about Nicholas identity and some "happy" snaps from that moment...

CSYxq2q.png

bZWUFLM.png

x8aXgtm.png

I seriously love Cadence and her hubby. He is so amazing to her. Originally I hadn't planned for Cadence to re-marry - or even end up in a relationship...but my sims always have minds of their own and that is what makes this journey so exciting for me...more often than not my sims end up telling me their own stories.

dPP2TuQ.png

After finding out the truth about who he was, Nickolas called Mel almost immediately. She'd been his first concern. They were meant to go away to colleague together and knowing about the Selection Challenge as the royal families way of choosing a partner his first question to Skye and Julius had been if Mel could come with him to the palace as his chosen partner. He wasn't going to sign his life away to the royal family if it meant saying goodbye to Mel for the privileage. Obviously we know now...that she turned him down anyway... but... how heartbreaking to think that he'd fought for them and she turned him away.

Mel didn't want to believe him at first... Nicholas hadn't been expecting an excited reaction...

emQ8yYb.png

...but he hadn't expected her to almost instantly deny him...

liHO6Qy.png

...or turn away from him with tears in her eyes and tell him that she just couldn't do it..

9xehHyW.png

OlahFKT.png

...she just kept telling him how sorry she was. Nicholas fought hard not to break down...what had happened together through anything?

xTfXFd0.png

Together forever? He was completely shattered...broken...destroyed. She'd taken his heart and ripped it in two.

zgZF9rz.png

Xandra would be all over this picture. Notice how in the background there is a llama? Coincidence? I think not!

rerg.png

And what's up with that Mel? Is living in a castle really so terrible?
    edited March 2018
    @dreamprisoner - It's an invasion of lamas! They are lama people in human skins!!! Be warned!!!!!! And yeah lol! I wondered if anyone would notice that little guy in the background #photobomb!
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Wow! Great first update. All the girls look so good. im hoping Elanova can make a good impression soon! Cant wait to see more
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~