Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Death: Death by Poison (Pics of Ghost included)

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
It was hinted at in today's live stream, but never confirmed.

The new death is Death by poison, and here is the Ghost for it!

a0c3aad5c92055c47dcc13c077ba19b1.gif

The sim looks the same, but has a green fog of aura that is different from the low hygiene (my sim has max hygiene atm anyway) (my sim is a vampire as well)

910842e80c14d3ef3aaeaac45eb69bfb.png

I have not discovered any unique abilities like Ghost sims starting fires yet, but I also haven't looked too hard.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It would be funny if their ability was that they could poison other sims. :D Or maybe they just throw up every so often.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It was hinted at in today's live stream, but never confirmed.

The new death is Death by poison, and here is the Ghost for it!

a0c3aad5c92055c47dcc13c077ba19b1.gif

The sim looks the same, but has a green fog of aura that is different from the low hygiene (my sim has max hygiene atm anyway) (my sim is a vampire as well)

910842e80c14d3ef3aaeaac45eb69bfb.png

I have not discovered any unique abilities like Ghost sims starting fires yet, but I also haven't looked too hard.

Awesome.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm sad to see there doesn't seem to be any unique ability to them. that's been the case for the last two new death types, too. their effects look cooler than the earlier ones (pufferfish and sunlight, now poison), but they don't get any of the fun little abilities associated with their specific death like the earlier ones all did
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'm sad to see there doesn't seem to be any unique ability to them. that's been the case for the last two new death types, too. their effects look cooler than the earlier ones (pufferfish and sunlight, now poison), but they don't get any of the fun little abilities associated with their specific death like the earlier ones all did

Its possible, I didnt look too hard. The game also isnt out yet, the ghost is only available via the add trait cheat, its possible it could have unique interactions with the pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    was wondering how you got it already. but, it does seem like they've been going more for visual effects (which i admit, are nice) than fun little abilities/interactions that set them apart from each other
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm curious what sort of abilities/interactions you'd give a sim that is death-by-sunlight or death-by-pufferfish. They don't really lend themselves as nicely to that sort of things like the earlier "normal" deaths did.

Also if they gave a ghost sim the ability to poison someone/potentially kill them I can guarantee that people would complain about it. Though it would be cool to have that Sims 2ness back in the game I doubt they'd ever do it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    that's true, @3KNPen . when i killed my first sim by pufferfish, i spent a lot of time checking cooking, fishing, anything with fish on the walls or in aquariums... anything i could think of that was even remotely related to their death (...mostly fishing and cooking, obviously). sunlight i gave leeway since the sims are already vampires, so already had a bunch of pretty unique stuff just for that.

as for poison, i wouldn't want them able to kill other sims, but maybe they could have something that summoned or shooed off bees/spiders. same visual as you see when they appear in the jungle, but not the same moodlets (to avoid potential deaths if summoned twice in a row). or could glare at a sim and make them throw up or something
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe they could've gave them a Dazed aura?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Don't ghosts just float around the yard at night, maybe trying to scare any sims dumb enough to go out when they are? Maybe make things float if they go into them. My only ghost experience is in TS2.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Don't ghosts just float around the yard at night, maybe trying to scare any sims dumb enough to go out when they are? Maybe make things float if they go into them. My only ghost experience is in TS2.

Bit off topic but, congrats on your 666th forum post!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png