Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone else lose a pair of pants from parenthood with the new patch?

I was just wondering if it's just my game.. I seem to have lost a pair of pj pants with todays update.. I repaired my game and no changes..

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes, I am missing the PJ pants! I'm also missing what I believe is a base game bowler hat when I noticed that a Sim had changed to s new hat on their image and I didn't give them the hat! What is going on here?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    For example:

Look at this Sim in my Library; notice his bowler hat
    ju5FZSZ.png

Now I bring him into CAS
    xg58HzM.png

Now, that's definitely not the same hat I gave him when he was originally saved in my library. I placed him exactly as he was from the library and the game replaced the hat he had with this hat. Where is this hat btw? I checked the CAS for the hat, and I cannot find a trace of it. I didn't invest in this game to see CAS assets getting taken away from me.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Assuming you mean these pants, here's some explanation for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6650762#M58625

Maybe the hat has the same issue ? Could you test without gender filter ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2018
    crinrict wrote: »
    Assuming you mean these pants, here's some explanation for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6650762#M58625

Already did; that specific hat is nowhere in sight. Even worse is that this Sim is already in a game, and when I went in to play a little bit, the game updated his hat in the game to the same hat, and I didn't even touch him.

It's as if the hat never existed and that hat has always been the missing one.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Well, regarding the pants, just posted this in another thread. When I loaded the sim it said items were missing, but I found the parenthood pants after removing the tags.

wgO7LPS.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    the swatches are broken though
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

@paradiseplanet could you report it in the CAS bug thread I linked above ? Thanks
    AHQ Tutorial

• couchpupcouchpup Posts: 4 New Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > crinrict wrote: »
    >
    > Assuming you mean these pants, here's some explanation for that: [REMOVED LINK BECAUSE n00b]
    >
    > Maybe the hat has the same issue ? Could you test without gender filter ?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Already did; that specific hat is nowhere in sight. Even worse is that this Sim is already in a game, and when I went in to play a little bit, the game updated his hat in the game to the same hat, and I didn't even touch him.
    >
    > It's as if the hat never existed and that hat has always been the missing one.

My hat is gone too. Loved that hat. :'(
    @paradiseplanet could you report it in the CAS bug thread I linked above ? Thanks

Done.
    Thanks.
    AHQ Tutorial

• AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
    It seems that the hat is gone only for male sims, but if you remove the male/female tag it doesn't show up anyway. Now only women sims can use the hat, regardless the tags. I hope this information is useful.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Thanks SO MUCH for this. At least now I can use the workaround for the pants while waiting for it to get fixed.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm missing the same hat, I put it on Diego Lobo in my Premades 2025 save and he wandered into my vet clinic wearing a different hat.
    It's like that hat has been wiped out of existence - at least we still have the pictures.
    tumblr_ovets7odyn1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ox51u2hJHb1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    He wears that hat to hide his receding hairline - I can find another hat that sort of fits his everyday outfit, but the party one is going to be difficult.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I was hoping that an emergency patch for the CAS items that were removed would've been released today. Maybe next month.
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello @paradiseplanet @couchpup @Aenmond @MDianaSanders

I heard the bowler hat was not intended to be for male heads, and was causing issues when pairing it with certain hairstyles. So it was purposefully restricted to be only for females.

However, if you have further thoughts on this, please post at the Feedback section.

Thank you.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    @SimQARobo, what about the pants from parenthood?
    edited February 2018
    @DesertSimmer1971

We'll be looking into that one.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    @DesertSimmer1971

Does that mean it may be fixed next month maybe? Can't load my current game because my sim is wearing the affected pants, so that save file will be corrupted if I load the game.
    @DesertSimmer1971

Does that mean it may be fixed next month maybe? Can't load my current game because my sim is wearing the affected pants, so that save file will be corrupted if I load the game.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say if or when something will be addressed.
    @DesertSimmer1971

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say if or when something will be addressed.
    No problem. Thanks for your reply.

I have spent a lot of time in this game, so I will just check to see if it ever gets fixed.
    Hello @paradiseplanet @couchpup @Aenmond @MDianaSanders

I heard the bowler hat was not intended to be for male heads, and was causing issues when pairing it with certain hairstyles. So it was purposefully restricted to be only for females.

However, if you have further thoughts on this, please post at the Feedback section.

Thank you.

Why would one hat have to be restricted to one gender only? I thought all CAS items were unisex since the Gender update patch?
    @DesertSimmer1971

I did the override mentioned above, and I uploaded the files here https://ufile.io/5pvfg

Just extract the contents into your mod folder. It'll keep you from losing the pants or the bowler hat while waiting for a fix
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited February 2018
    Also, I tried literally every hairstyle (both fem and masc) in CAS for men wearing the bowler hat, and I didn't see any problems.

The only pack I don't have right now is Vampires.

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    @DesertSimmer1971

I did the override mentioned above, and I uploaded the files here https://ufile.io/5pvfg

Just extract the contents into your mod folder. It'll keep you from losing the pants or the bowler hat while waiting for a fix

Thank you! :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    i didn't notice those pants go missing but i keep getting the notice when i go into CAS on certain characters "an item you were wearing has been removed because you don't own the pack it belongs to or the CC is no longer downloaded" or something like that. Which was very confusing for me because I had played with the same sim with no problems with no CC at all, and I didn't even notice anything missing on them.