Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game suddenly loading faster even with CC- is this the patch?

So, I have around 8GB of CC, and my game took like, 2+ minutes to load. I updated to today's patch, and suddenly my load times are down to under 30 seconds.

I'm not complaining, obviously, I'm just wondering if anyone else with a lot of custom content has noticed the same thing? I had to double check I'd re-enabled my mods!

Comments

• ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    i think so...

i do not use any CC. But my load time was mich faster too.

That is great
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    So, I have around 8GB of CC, and my game took like, 2+ minutes to load. I updated to today's patch, and suddenly my load times are down to under 30 seconds.

I'm not complaining, obviously, I'm just wondering if anyone else with a lot of custom content has noticed the same thing? I had to double check I'd re-enabled my mods!

Its because it auto disables mods when a new patch releases......the first time you go back in game after an update the mods are disabled. Reenable them and restart and your game will load just as slow as it always did lol.....
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Please see my original post... I did check that I'd re-enabled my mods, and I have. It's still loading super fast. If the devs had made changes to the way the game reads the files, you'd think it would have been in the patch notes?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Please see my original post... I did check that I'd re-enabled my mods, and I have. It's still loading super fast. If the devs had made changes to the way the game reads the files, you'd think it would have been in the patch notes?

I noticed the faster loading speed too. They do regularly tweak things in the back end without including it in patch notes, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe. There's a lot going on under the hood. If they were able to optimize CC-heavy games, then kudos to the developers.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope taking the same amount of load time for me.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No change here, it still loads at about the same rate.
  • TakımSimTakımSim Posts: 5 New Member
    If you mean the first loading screen, I feel like it got shortened somehow even when I re-enabled the mods. I wasn't much of an issue but what I also noticed is that frozen-indecisive sims that came with Laundry update is gone and it's all working good without any sims stuck so far.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I had to test this for myself and I must say there is a substantial difference in my load time. It used to take about the same as OP to boot up my game, but not anymore. That's incredible! I'm also noticing a tremendous boost to my actual game lag. It seems like whatever was causing the simulation lag is doing better. I might just start buying Sims 4 DLC again!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • HazelTeeHazelTee Posts: 15 Member
    With my mods enabled, my game is definitely loading faster. I minimize while it loads and come back and usually it is still on the first screen. Now the game has opened before I get a chance.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    For me the initial loading screen is always dependent on my Internet connect/EA's servers. For instance if I set Origin to offline mode then the game would load much faster.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I use mods and I have noticed faster loading in my game. I thought it was just because I fixed an issue I was having with the computer itself but I guess it could be a combination of the two.