Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch!

Comments

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Im so happy for all these bug fixes! Especially the washing dishes was driving me crazy. I actually thought it was one of the mods I use causing it and have been going crazy trying to figure out which one.
  • cejaceja Posts: 33 Member

They only fixed the yard sell table not the one that you can sell art on it seems. At least it still is not working for me.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    ceja wrote: »
    They only fixed the yard sell table not the one that you can sell art on it seems. At least it still is not working for me.

welp
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I like the new traits. Finally something useful to spend aspiration points on for my Sims who have too many...

Will have to see in game if my other issues have been solved (laundry-related) I guess...
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I was told "new traits" and then discovered it was new reward traits. A part of me thought "cool" cause they've been neglecting that system so hard, so it's nice to see they remembered it's alive.

....This though...? Man, talk about disappointing. The traits sound ridiculously overpowered, ridiculously boring and also like a "balance issue" (can't think of a better word) in the sense that some of these are direct benefits of being a vampire. A Vampire comes with strengths and weaknesses though, whereas these....? These are just "grats, you're amazing now!" and actively defeat huge portions of the gameplay. I like the concept of trading sun vulnerability for no need for bladder or energy* (*theoretically), but I hate magic insta-win buttons that just completely remove one of the little "challenges" of the game.

Here's to hoping they get more creative with future reward traits.

Why not give one that makes your Sim build negative relationships faster via mean interactions?
    Why not give one that reduces bills and increases promotion rate based on your enemy count as a way of motivating people to make enemies and do an "evil" playthrough with an evil sim?
    Why not get a reward trait that reduces the time it takes to compose a song while double music royalties as a method of balancing music out with painting and writing? (since it makes waaaaaaaay less money)
    Why not make a reuseable reward trait that deletes your career history, thus allowing you to go back and change your path choice in exchange for losing all rewards up until that point?

I just feel like sometimes this game is completely lacking in creativity or trying to find ways to support new playstyles via the resources provided, and these "new" reward traits are a great example of that. Heck, they're not even new. They just took existing traits that once reduced a need's depletion by 50% and cranked it up to 11. Heck (again), some of them even DID exist in the form of vampire powers...Are we just copy-pasting features here...?

While I agree they're not particularly creative reward traits, not everyone has the Vampire pack, and the rewards do cost a lot more than any of the other traits, which I'm glad about.
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2018
    hi. Does anyone else have the problem of supposed "new" bottoms showing in CAS when there isn't? Just noticed this today when downloaded the patch. I had this problem quite a while ago with activities.
    Cheers!
    Ignore this...found! Sorry.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they also put in the listing rarities for collectibles in purple like you saw in last week's stream. this seems to also work on crafted items, including food and drink, now

all pictures from my alien restaurant:

8c5b764400c43381021e2f9570027606.png
    c2c5945106fdecf45dedadadd3bb2e68.png
    12db394e9e00f9b15ee6e344a8c1a149.png

• PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    hi. Does anyone else have the problem of supposed "new" bottoms showing in CAS when there isn't? Just noticed this today when downloaded the patch. I had this problem quite a while ago with activities.
    Cheers!
    Ignore this...found! Sorry.

Yes, this happens to me pretty often in both CAS and Build mode.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I am missing a few CAS Items...how?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @paradiseplanet I noticed an issue with these pants from the Parenthood pack. I loaded a sim of mine into CAS and it said that items were missing. Which was weird, because I did not use cc on that sim. I went through the outfits and the only item missing was the pants in her sleepwear. I could not find them again until removing all the tags (female and sleep). I found them, but the "swatch picker" is also broken, they are all greyed out.

wgO7LPS.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    @paradiseplanet I noticed an issue with these pants from the Parenthood pack. I loaded a sim of mine into CAS and it said that items were missing. Which was weird, because I did not use cc on that sim. I went through the outfits and the only item missing was the pants in her sleepwear. I could not find them again until removing all the tags (female and sleep). I found them, but the "swatch picker" is also broken, they are all greyed out.

wgO7LPS.jpg
    Oh, not good.

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was told "new traits" and then discovered it was new reward traits. A part of me thought "cool" cause they've been neglecting that system so hard, so it's nice to see they remembered it's alive.

....This though...? Man, talk about disappointing. The traits sound ridiculously overpowered, ridiculously boring and also like a "balance issue" (can't think of a better word) in the sense that some of these are direct benefits of being a vampire. A Vampire comes with strengths and weaknesses though, whereas these....? These are just "grats, you're amazing now!" and actively defeat huge portions of the gameplay. I like the concept of trading sun vulnerability for no need for bladder or energy* (*theoretically), but I hate magic insta-win buttons that just completely remove one of the little "challenges" of the game.

Here's to hoping they get more creative with future reward traits.

Why not give one that makes your Sim build negative relationships faster via mean interactions?
    Why not give one that reduces bills and increases promotion rate based on your enemy count as a way of motivating people to make enemies and do an "evil" playthrough with an evil sim?
    Why not get a reward trait that reduces the time it takes to compose a song while double music royalties as a method of balancing music out with painting and writing? (since it makes waaaaaaaay less money)
    Why not make a reuseable reward trait that deletes your career history, thus allowing you to go back and change your path choice in exchange for losing all rewards up until that point?

I just feel like sometimes this game is completely lacking in creativity or trying to find ways to support new playstyles via the resources provided, and these "new" reward traits are a great example of that. Heck, they're not even new. They just took existing traits that once reduced a need's depletion by 50% and cranked it up to 11. Heck (again), some of them even DID exist in the form of vampire powers...Are we just copy-pasting features here...?

Never weary was originally how it is now. Your sims would never need sleep. They changed that, (a change I liked) and A LOT of people complained about it.

Now that it's back along with other likewise traits, people are still complaining.

Despite the fact that these traits are optional.

By the way, Vampires still have benefits. These traits costs 5,000-10,000 aspiration points, which is a lot. It's not a magic insta win button, you have to WORK for it. The sims also isn't an MMORPG, it's a SANDBOX. Who cares if people want to have their sims never sleep etc, shouldn't matter either way to you.

Vampires on the other hand, don't need to save up for that, they can unlock them rather quickly just by being a vampire.

By that logic the Age Freeze potion in sims 3 was a waste since Vampires had a similar perk that made them Immortal. The difference was the Age freeze was one of the most expensive things in the reward store, and Vampires only cost 30,000 points. By your logic, why should we bother to have any way to extend life like the wishing well or the age reset serum? It makes vampires less unique.

I myself don't really plan to use the new traits, but I would love to cheat them on Ghosts so my ghosts actually don't need to eat sleep or bathe anymore.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Ill definitely need to check those traits in game.... And yea it was a little, odd, that in the patch notes it said traits, not reward traits..
    I just bought my criminal sim never weary since he works all night, but i need my sims to sleep sometimes, even for a few hours. I need that little bit of realism haha so it definitely bothers me if it's now literally "NEVER weary". Vampires never ever sleep. Humans need a few hours at least.
  • LilPipsqueakLilPipsqueak Posts: 1 New Member
    1. When I pull up "game options" in the settings, literally nothing comes up?? It's just blank.
    2. Under Simology, the family tree and the stats are completely missing. I can still click and hover over them, and they'll pop up if I click on them but the little icon is gone.
    3. With my teenager, the background underneath the Simology tap (the character values) is all messed up?? There are black lines beneath it, and it just looks REALLY broken.
    I've already tried the "repair" option (just in case it was me) and I've updated twice already, but nothing seems to help fix the problem.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Wait about a note at patch
    Windemburg nights are like at Forgoten Hollow?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Zeldaboy180 I like the idea of using these traits on ghost... I'm making playing a sim that I plan to send to Selvadorada so I can see what the skeleton ghosts look like eventually. He's got a bunch of traits already but I'll have to complete a number of aspirations to get him the newer and revamped traits... but yeah that gave me the perfect reason to work toward that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Only thing I've noticed since the patch is my sim in the doctor career, one of her colleagues stands outside all day. The receptionist doesn't turn up at all. Will try a repair tomorrow.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    1. When I pull up "game options" in the settings, literally nothing comes up?? It's just blank.
    2. Under Simology, the family tree and the stats are completely missing. I can still click and hover over them, and they'll pop up if I click on them but the little icon is gone.
    3. With my teenager, the background underneath the Simology tap (the character values) is all messed up?? There are black lines beneath it, and it just looks REALLY broken.
    I've already tried the "repair" option (just in case it was me) and I've updated twice already, but nothing seems to help fix the problem.

Sounds like a broken mod. If you have any mods/cc in your game, remove them and see if the problem's fixed.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member

Hello @LilPipsqueak
    There have been many mods broken by today’s patch.
    If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they are broken. It would be best to remove them and wait for an updated version to be released. This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018
  • MidianMidian Posts: 24 Member

Yeah, I've been getting this issue too. I used the exact same pants as PJs on my Sim and loading her up again got the 'content removed' message and suddenly shes without PJ bottoms. Same with the broken swatch picker, too.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm confused as to what is different about these traits compared to the ones that were already there?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited February 2018
    I'm confused as to what is different about these traits compared to the ones that were already there?

Energy never decay (10,000 points)
    Social never decay (5,000 points)
    Higiene never decay (8,000 points)
    Hunger (thrist too?) never decay (10,000 points)

at least at spanish Incansable (energy decay slower, 4000 points) now is named Poco somnoliento and the new trait (no need sleep, 10,000 points) is named Incansable
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the ones that already existed reduced the need to do the things. energy dropped slower, hunger dropped slower, social dropped slower, but they still dropped. now, like the vampire perks, they don't go down at all if you buy the upgraded versions (or have your never weary grandfathered in like about a billion of my sims did...)
    Now really, also the "normal" sims can be supernaturals LOL