Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Cut Wedding Cake off lot?

So far this is the first time I have had this happen, and I haven't tried it on my home lot but those tend to work since the last time I got married. When she was off lot for her wedding and the aspiration said to "Take first slice". The game would not let me cut the wedding cake! Not as a couple, not anything. The only options I had were to remove the wedding topper and then put it in inventory. After removing wedding topper I had take slice but it wasn't the normal "take first slice" just "take slice" as if it was a normal day. So now I'm confused and mad because It would have been a gold event if it wasn't for the stupid cake!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    If the issue occurs again, try altering the type of table or surface that the cake is on. Try using a dining table or a kitchen counter.
    Try placing it in different positions on the surface and see if that helps.
    Place it on its own with nothing else on the table.
    Move any chairs away from the table .
    Try putting it back in the inventory, then choose the option to “ place in world’
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I added a wedding topper to the cake on the lot but couldn't take a slice since "I wasn't the owner" of the cake....when I quite literally made the cake AT HOME. I tried this three times! Each time, wasting simoleons with my sims who were already poor as it was. Ah, and one of the cakes disappeared btw.

Next thing I know, the caterer (who was hours late) made a cake and added a topper. Only then was I able to take a slice. Luckily for me, events I have my sims run always keep going.... even if the timer has 0 seconds left. It'll stay frozen like that for a few more sim hours afterward. My sims didn't get home until about 4 AM. It was wild. I'll never again throw a wedding party on another lot. Better yet, I won't host events as often due to the bugs.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. I added a wedding topper to the cake on the lot but couldn't take a slice since "I wasn't the owner" of the cake....when I quite literally made the cake AT HOME. I tried this three times! Each time, wasting simoleons with my sims who were already poor as it was. Ah, and one of the cakes disappeared btw.

Next thing I know, the caterer (who was hours late) made a cake and added a topper. Only then was I able to take a slice. Luckily for me, events I have my sims run always keep going.... even if the timer has 0 seconds left. It'll stay frozen like that for a few more sim hours afterward. My sims didn't get home until about 4 AM. It was wild. I'll never again throw a wedding party on another lot. Better yet, I won't host events as often due to the bugs.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the issues with the party timer .
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/