Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The option ''fill the dishwasher'' doesn't work.

Can you fix this SimGurus? It's really annoying.
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain, try selling the dishwasher and buying a new one and see if that helps.
    Try moving it to another postion in the kitchen and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues remain, try selling the dishwasher and buying a new one and see if that helps.
    Try moving it to another postion in the kitchen and see if that helps.

Okay, I'll try tomorrow. Thank's. :)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    If dishes are in/on bookshelves or on top of half walls they may not be collected to load the dishwasher.
  • Options
    If dishes are in/on bookshelves or on top of half walls they may not be collected to load the dishwasher.

And if it's happen even when dishes are on the table? (:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Hello
    There is an issue with washing up if you have the new dining table that came with the Laundry pack, and your Sims are sitting at the table. If you have this table in the kitchen, try selling it and buying a different table and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello
    There is an issue with washing up if you have the new dining table that came with the Laundry pack, and your Sims are sitting at the table. If you have this table in the kitchen, try selling it and buying a different table and see if that helps the issue.

I don't have this table. I noticed that with dishwashers that I put in a house that I built before they work, but when a build a new house, they never work.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Hello

I don't have this table. I noticed that with dishwashers that I put in a house that I built before they work, but when a build a new house, they never work.

Try seeing if moving the dishwashers to other positions in the kitchen may help. Make sure that there isn’t anything above it on the wall such as a shelf or that there isn’t an overhanging item above it.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello

Try seeing if moving the dishwashers to other positions in the kitchen may help. Make sure that there isn’t anything above it on the wall such as a shelf or that there isn’t an overhanging item above it.

I tried to change the place but nothing to do. I think it's a real problem...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Hello

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. I have tested in my game and the loading dishwasher option is still working correctly.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Also, try testing in a fresh new save game to see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello

I'm sorry to hear this. You can tell if it is your mods or cc causing the issue by going to game options, then other, then UNchecking the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" button. So that stuff doesn't disappear out of your existing saves, restart the game, then start a new game, and name the save something like "NOCC" when you return to the main menu after testing. Then when you are playing that save test to see if you have that problem (none of your custom content nor mods will show up or be affecting your game when you restart with the checkmark removed from that box). When you want to go back to your regular saves, select the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" button again and make sure the checkmark is there, then restart the game (which will now have all your custom content and mods back).

Note that whether the custom content is enabled or not does NOT depend on which save you are using, but on whether that checkmark is checked or not in the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" before restarting your game. All game patches will automatically reset that box to unchecked.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Hello

I'm sorry to hear this. You can tell if it is your mods or cc causing the issue by going to game options, then other, then UNchecking the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" button. So that stuff doesn't disappear out of your existing saves, restart the game, then start a new game, and name the save something like "NOCC" when you return to the main menu after testing. Then when you are playing that save test to see if you have that problem (none of your custom content nor mods will show up or be affecting your game when you restart with the checkmark removed from that box). When you want to go back to your regular saves, select the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" button again and make sure the checkmark is there, then restart the game (which will now have all your custom content and mods back).

Note that whether the custom content is enabled or not does NOT depend on which save you are using, but on whether that checkmark is checked or not in the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" before restarting your game. All game patches will automatically reset that box to unchecked.

I don't have any mods/cc. But thank's!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Hello

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. I have tested in my game and the loading dishwasher option is still working correctly.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Also, try testing in a fresh new save game to see if the issue remains.

I'll try to repear again my game. Thank's, if it work for you, it should work for me so I guess it's probably my save.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options