Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Low res textures - jaggy AA/ objects

Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
Anyone else kind of disapointed by the low res textures on sims, objects seem to be ok but the sims look blurry. Its mostly noticeable on clothes with patterns. Hope they improve sim textures as even for a console game its pretty bad.

Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2018
    Tattoos are blurry/low res too. They look great in cas but the second your in live mode they look terrible.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally I NEVER look at any of my sims that close on purpose. That might be part of your issue. The tattoos do look painted on as do many of the clothes though. This game was made to fit computers with certain lower specs than gaming rigs, so I suspect the graphics would not be too high quality. Remember, the console version is to match the pc version.
    Personally I NEVER look at any of my sims that close on purpose. That might be part of your issue. The tattoos do look painted on as do many of the clothes though. This game was made to fit computers with certain lower specs than gaming rigs, so I suspect the graphics would not be too high quality. Remember, the console version is to match the pc version.

I have a low end 2011 model pc and sims look better then that
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Honestly everything looks fine to me, except in screenshots the quality looks super low compared to a PC.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I noticed this right away. As did my Niece who the game is for. Not a good look.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2018
    I noticed this right away. As did my Niece who the game is for. Not a good look.

I think it's on purpose. They did the same with The Sims 3 on PS3, while the Xbox version had slightly higher textures but still not as good as PC.
    It must be to make sure the game runs at a smooth frame rate. No idea why it differs so much.

I'm also pretty sure that the PS4 game didn't get the depth of field while the Xbox version does.
    edited March 2018
    It just doesn't look good texture wise even for a console game running in a ps4 pro and I apologise for that I really don't mean any disrespect to the gurus as this Is their work and I know they work hard on it and I really do genuinely feel terrible for saying this but if we don't say they don't know. I'm sorry if this isn't constructive criticism and I also don't want to annoy the moderators or simguruduke. Maybe have a pro and Xbox x enhanced option at 60fps with better object smoothing? Again I'm sorry just saying how I feel and I am sorry. I've had so much fun so far on console in Comparison to pc with all the packs. I genuinely prefer console. I get a console isn't as powerful as a pc but I've played tons of other console games that just look more smooth and enhanced. Again sorry just putting my two thoughts in
    edited March 2018
    It just doesn't look good texture wise even for a console game running in a ps4 pro and I apologise for that I really don't mean any disrespect to the gurus as this Is their work and I know they work hard on it and I really do genuinely feel terrible for saying this but if we don't say they don't know. I'm sorry if this isn't constructive criticism and I also don't want to annoy the moderators or simguruduke. Maybe have a pro and Xbox x enhanced option at 60fps with better object smoothing? Again I'm sorry just saying how I feel and I am sorry. I've had so much fun so far on console in Comparison to pc with all the packs. I genuinely prefer console. I get a console isn't as powerful as a pc but I've played tons of other console games that just look more smooth and enhanced. Again sorry just putting my two thoughts in

I agree with this. The ps4 and the x box are not poor machines, I do think the textures could be better if I’m honest. I have a pro and the game on my pro looks the same as my nieces. It’s not a game that is using the machines potential.
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018

Unfortunately, the game may not look to high standards some gamers expect. Just remember it was originally created to still be allowed on a PC with weaker graphic cards. In fact, until sometime next week (when my new gaming PC arrives) I still am playing it on a lower end laptop on medium graphics settings. The console version is to match the pc version, so I assume that also means graphically as well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Eh, could be better but it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me. I’m never that close.

Unfortunately, the game may not look to high standards some gamers expect. Just remember it was originally created to still be allowed on a PC with weaker graphic cards. In fact, until sometime next week (when my new gaming PC arrives) I still am playing it on a lower end laptop on medium graphics settings. The console version is to match the pc version, so I assume that also means graphically as well.

Could be but they have also said the game is meant to match ultra settings on a pc.

I agree with this. The ps4 and the x box are not poor machines, I do think the textures could be better if I’m honest. I have a pro and the game on my pro looks the same as my nieces. It’s not a game that is using the machines potential.

This ^ it's a shame there isn't an advanced graphics option for the Pro and x. Also the option to flip between 30 and 60.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited March 2018
    I noticed that it was low res on the Sims skin texture instantly, and god I hate it. But i really think the furniture items look great??
    so it's a bummer knowing that it looks the way it does. Luckily my game plays are basically builds anyways.
    [
    edited March 2018
    Sipop wrote: »
    I noticed that it was low res on the Sims skin texture instantly, and god I hate it. But i really think the furniture items look great??
    so it's a bummer knowing that it looks the way it does. Luckily my game plays are basically builds anyways.

Yea the objects look OK unless there is a pattern on them. The sims themselves though look really grainy low res even for a console game. It's bugging me.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

Yea the objects look OK unless there is a pattern on them. The sims themselves though look really grainy low res even for a console game. It's bugging me.

I agree with you. I hope we get an update that will enhance the graphics (probably not going to happen though). The Sims in the console game could look better.
    He/Him

I agree with you. I hope we get an update that will enhance the graphics (probably not going to happen though). The Sims in the console game could look better.

I hope so too
  • starei007starei007 Posts: 2 New Member
    I keep going into settings to look for graphics settings to turn it up. Hopefully they add it as an option one day
  • AphrodidyAphrodidy Posts: 18 Member
    I've not noticed an issue with it on mine but I tend to be a bit disappointed in the low quality textures that are used for things like hair. They need to hire some of these custom content makers to work for them =)
    The ps4 pro has had Super-Sampling mode added though a system software update which I thought helped a little at first but I'm not sure now. I just hope the textures get enhanced a little and the jaggies.
    The ps4 pro has had Super-Sampling mode added though a system software update which I thought helped a little at first but I'm not sure now. I just hope the textures get enhanced a little and the jaggies.

I would have to check on mine.
    Hopefully will make a tiny difference.
  • DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    I noticed this too and yes it bothers me as well! When it was first released on console I don't remember the textures of Sims looking so poorly up close. I noticed with different lighting my sims will appear fuzzy when I zoom in. I hope this is fixed in a patch, the graphics do seem slightly tweaked compared to on a PC even though they said we were getting the same experience graphics wise. Disappointing if you ask me.
    I noticed this too and yes it bothers me as well! When it was first released on console I don't remember the textures of Sims looking so poorly up close. I noticed with different lighting my sims will appear fuzzy when I zoom in. I hope this is fixed in a patch, the graphics do seem slightly tweaked compared to on a PC even though they said we were getting the same experience graphics wise. Disappointing if you ask me.

I agree about being disappointed, it definitely isn't ultra settings like it was mentioned it would be.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I agree about being disappointed, it definitely isn't ultra settings like it was mentioned it would be.

It probably is, they just haven’t enabled uncompressed Sim textures. I remember this issue cropping up around launch on PC and the solution was to check that box under the graphics settings. Unfortunately that’s on EA with the console version since I don’t think we have graphics options.

Perhaps this was an intention move to cut down on rendering time, but I imagine both consoles would be able to handle the uncompressed textures just fine without adding a ton of time for the textures to load.
    edited March 2018

It probably is, they just haven’t enabled uncompressed Sim textures. I remember this issue cropping up around launch on PC and the solution was to check that box under the graphics settings. Unfortunately that’s on EA with the console version since I don’t think we have graphics options.

Perhaps this was an intention move to cut down on rendering time, but I imagine both consoles would be able to handle the uncompressed textures just fine without adding a ton of time for the textures to load.

That probably is what the issue is, I do hope they get improved
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

I would have to check on mine.
    Hopefully will make a tiny difference.

I don't think it did anything for this game tbh I have noticed big improvements in other titles tho