Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What size home do you prefer?

Comments

• xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2018
    Large
    I just recently built a rather large house. I agree that I find myself with too much space most times. However, I make larger homes for two reasons. One, because I like being able to have larger rooms. I usually play with partial walls up but I realized how much more I enjoy having the walls completely up. It makes me feel like I'm actually inside a room and I can see all the little decorations and paintings on my walls. Larger rooms help me see the full room, including my sims. I used to always play with partial walls so now playing with full ones just kind of enhances the experience for me.

Secondly, I realized that using lager lots for residential lots, I spend so much more time on the outside. In the home I built, I have a rather modest sized deck for entertaining. There's a little bonfire area with some chairs. I miss having ponds so that would've been nice to add but instead, I added a little fenced in gardening area and a nice play area for kids and toddlers. Plus, with pet's now, I like to give my pets plenty of outdoor space. Plus, a nice big pool is always fun. :)
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Large
    xKay_luvx wrote: »
    I just recently built a rather large house. I agree that I find myself with too much space most times. However, I make larger homes for two reasons. One, because I like being able to have larger rooms. I usually play with partial walls up but I realized how much more I enjoy having the walls completely up. It makes me feel like I'm actually inside a room and I can see all the little decorations and paintings on my walls. Larger rooms help me see the full room, including my sims. I used to always play with partial walls so now playing with full ones just kind of enhances the experience for me.

Secondly, I realized that using lager lots for residential lots, I spend so much more time on the outside. In the home I built, I have a rather modest sized deck for entertaining. There's a little bonfire area with some chairs. I miss having ponds so that would've been nice to add but instead, I added a little fenced in gardening area and a nice play area for kids and toddlers. Plus, with pet's now, I like to give my pets plenty of outdoor space. Plus, a nice big pool is always fun. :)

I think the large lots are more fun too. Maybe it should read, what size lot do you like best. The small lots are for my background characters that I don't play. If you don't put someone in them, the game does it for you and I hate that.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Medium
    I voted medium because of the sim-time.
    in big, huge houses, sims can take like 3 sim hours just to go from the kitchen to the bathroom.

-Yarden.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Medium
    Medium, although my current game started with a homeless sim and all the kids get an inheritance to keep the cash down and have to pay for new clothes etc. They currently have a medium Tudor style home, not a lot of furniture yet though.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Small
    @catitude5 if you go into options and gameplay you can untick fill empty houses. the game will only fill empty houses if that box is ticked.
  • Saarah06Saarah06 Posts: 20 Member
    Medium
    If its too big I don't know what to do with half the rooms and everything ends up being spread out
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Large
    I like large homes. Especially when I have large households. I love building and large houses give me more opportunity to unleash my creativity. I love vaulted ceilings. Sometimes I do have difficulty filling my houses though.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Medium
    I'm not sure if you were talking about the lot size or about the house itself - I personally like 30 x 20 or 40 x 30 lots and the houses I prefer usually have at least two and up to five bedrooms. But hey, that's just me and I'm not sure if I'm a good indicator as I never download houses from the gallery.
  • FlorelaFlorela Posts: 11 New Member
    Small
    small houses are just easier to decorate and I don't get bored so easily, large houses take forever and I never end up finishing them
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    Medium
    I like to get into a decently sized family home, about 3 bedrooms, as quickly as I can without using cheats. The apartments in San myshuno are really nice for this. But I agree with the rest of you who say decorating a large house is difficult.
  • InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    Medium
    Medium, because, small is well, too small. And large houses are too hard to decorate.
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • ScarletonScarleton Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2018
    Small
    I tend to enjoy small homes. They're easy to navigate and I can easily see how and what all my sims are doing. I find it easier to check track of everything going on. Also, it is less hassle on my laptop as well as on me. Even with the max sims, small homes are my to go to. That doesn't mean that I don't use large lots, just the homes usually don't take up the majority of the space. With children I tend to make a playground, and then I like to have a nice garden going on with a collection of different plant species. Large backyards, small homes.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I generally like the small to medium lots though if I want sims to live with a forest in their back yard, a larger lot is better for this. Also, having big lots works for sims in mansions too.
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Small
    I like to create small houses because it's a challenge to fit everything your sims need to live in! Also they look cosier and cuter for me! Medium houses are ok too but large houses are impossible for me to fill with furniture, there is just too much space :'(
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Medium
    I generally favour small or medium size houses as I tend to play singletons or small families. I do have my vampires in larger houses, so I do play larger houses, just not on a regular basis.
  • PatiPatouPatiPatou Posts: 46 Member
    Medium
    Small to medium, almost never largehouses or 2 levels houses as I feel it takes to long to navigate large lots or many levels.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Small
    When I played Sims 2, I used to create the most lavish mansions. And oh the lag... :D Now I much prefer smaller places that are easier to move through and clean. I've been on more of tiny house binge so that's usually what I start with and then add on space, as needed.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    Large
    It depends on the household I'm playing.

For a big family, then obviously I'd like to go for large luxurious houses. But for elderly couples, then a small little cottage in Windenburg would suffice.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Medium
    Medium sized.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Large
    I prefer larger lots if every lot was 64x64 that would be great.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AmerieDashAmerieDash Posts: 1 New Member
    Medium
    I prefer medium, cozy cottages.
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    Small
    I don't know how to decorate a lot either to make use for a medium or big one. I don't know how to decorate backyards and so I don't find it fun. Really wish we could place our own lot sizes so I could build more without feeling like there's just empty space on every lot
  • LunaSmithLunaSmith Posts: 6 New Member
    Large
    I start with a shanty, minimum stuff and a high quality bed. Then make some money with painting. Every week I change or buy some stuff. After some time, I resize and add some walls, flats, paint them. After all necessary items are done, I add some decorative stuff.

I know, this takes a lot of time and not suitable for a quick play but feels like start from scratch.

Advantages: A lot of empty spaces. There are many big size things to buy.
    Disadvantages: Time must be calculated carefully if there's a school or work.
  • ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    Small
    I generally either use or build relatively small houses. They tend to have the basics, and nothing extra. If the family outgrows the house, I add an addition onto it, but I can't seem to find a large house that I like the look of, and furnish it nicely.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I like all three sizes equally. It also depends on what kind of Sim or Sims will live in them as well as their function. For example, a sim starting out may live in a small house and a family may want a large house, etc. Btw, with that said, I wish there wouldn't be so many starter homes in the gallery with just one bedroom and one bath. A spare could be used as an office or guest space for another Sim. :)
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self