Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you improve Teens?

Comments

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Francl27 I don't know why, my game barely generates any children after the first generation. It's been a while since I last checked, but once there was a single child in the neighborhood, and it has happened to me once or twice that there was apparently nobody to meet.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I also agree that TS4 could have done with shorter teens, purely from the standpoint of more gradual aging. The skip from small child to full on adult-size AND behaviors is just too much for me.

There are things that I would love to see for teens:
    • Arcades, not simply one machine.
    • The ability to also play Voidcritters and to trade. (That is still a very teen thing to do.)
    • Skateboarding and bike-riding, including popping wheelies or jumping the curbs.
    • Teaching each other how to dance.
    • LAN parties.
    • Attempts to spike the punch bowl.
    • Practical jokes.
    • Party games -- charades, for example. Or, perhaps, Seven Minutes in Heaven, using the closet. (That game is certainly no worse than the "mess around in bed".)
    • A teen rep system -- cool kids, mean kids, jocks, geeks, nerds. Totally different from clubs, please -- more like temporary traits that are earned as a result of overarching behavior. A teen can be happy, embarrassed, angry, or sad about the trait that they've earned among the teen crowd. They can seek to change the trait or to embrace it with pride, depending on the teen's preexisting, permanent traits.
    • Cheerleading, sports, and sports clubs, including fundraising activities, events/contests, and away games on the weekends.
    • Class trips to destination worlds.
    • Be camp counselors for the younger kids during the summer. (Another good use for Granite Falls.)
    • Makeup and nail parties (I'm dying for fingernails/manicures to officially make their appearance in the series.)
    • Real movie theaters where teens can meet up with friends, buy junk food, and actually sit to watch the movie. Stay until the movie is over, whispering, giggling, and throwing popcorn.
    • Bring back pillow fights
    • Allow teens to loll across the bed to use their cellphones.
    • Allow teens to sit cross-legged or lay on the floor to do certain activities such as playing video games, watching television, speaking to friends, speaking on the phone. Parents can encourage them to get up or move out of the way. :D
    • Sneaking out to meet friends or a boyfriend/girlfriend
    • Places in the world where only the teens hang out. Such as: Lover's Lane, a particular beach, or even the area under the bridge in BB. If teens break curfew, that's the first place the police will check. (Give the police something real-world to do. It would be nice to see them working.)

wow yeah these things. I haven't had too many issues with teens and people are always saying they need to be better. Most of the suggestions like height I could live without but these ideas are really good. I would love to see these things added to the game.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The height is a major issue for me so they either need to fix teens or add preteens massive size jumps make it hard to tell stories when you go from a child to a adult sized teen in a instant. Teens need hobbies activities teen specific traits lot types teens show up to and high school is another thing teens need adults have a endless supply of active careers you can follow them all day the teens not so much.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    I don't think the teens can sneak out still can they? I'd like some more mischievous options for them. Being a teenager is all about rebellion you know? It makes the game more interesting.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    kismet wrote: »
    I don't think the teens can sneak out still can they? I'd like some more mischievous options for them. Being a teenager is all about rebellion you know? It makes the game more interesting.

Yes I think Sims 2 were the rebels of the franchise they snuck out with the chance of getting caught by police.

Going on with a school day Game Pack have teens get a chance to ditch school which they do but do they get caught? If not like they should get caught and have consequences of getting grounded at home. I remember ditching and getting caught it was not pretty when I got home.
  • Options
    jaimie_c3jaimie_c3 Posts: 44 Member
    I quite enjoy the gameplay that teens have, especially with the parenthood game pack. The only thing I would change is that they basically look exactly the same as young adults, maybe change their faces a bit when they age up?
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I hate the teens! Yeah ok, I am not too worried about them being shortened at the moment but it is about time they had their own hairstyles and wardrobe! I am sick and tired of looking for sims that my YA sim could date only for it to be a teen!!!
    Maybe a few teen-only aspirations would be nice BUT I just really want them to have their own clothes and hairstyles so I can tell them apart just by looking!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2018
    I do not play TS4 but from what I have seen having them as the same height of adults is awful!

Both.

And agree...
    They are awful with that jump from kid to fully grown adult.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Teens are ok as they are, but they could do with some teen themed stuff.

Don't irl teens have sleepovers with their friends? Or sneaky teen parties when their parents are out of town?
    Remember that Aussie kid who threw a massive party while his parents were away? I'm pretty sure the story made it to other countries.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    One thing I think should be added teens in TS4 can be head of household so why can't they learn parenting get a head on the skill plus they can get pregnant and can't discipline there kids or help with homework why why why
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »
    One thing I think should be added teens in TS4 can be head of household so why can't they learn parenting get a head on the skill plus they can get pregnant and can't discipline there kids or help with homework why why why
    can they?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    IndrewIndrew Posts: 77 Member

Need a voice stage between kid and young adult exclusive to male teens where their voice cracks(in ladies it is not so noticable):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gvsfQJ8ZTk

Congrats kid, you've been promoted as example.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they need to be able to get into more trouble like more pranks flaming bags of poo
    drinking stuff just for adults throwing a party while mom and dad are gone
    being able to be arrested
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Where is everybody?
    Not many people vote in these types of threads.

• Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I would like to have unique voice actors for teens ... I think teens, children, and elders all deserve unique voice acting and those exaggerated styles. Like for children, their voice is fine. For teens, they should whine more, and have a more immature sort of tone. Something that just separates them not only visually but also audibly. And elders of course should sound very "old" with those raspy voices. Like the typical old guy with a cane trope. It should embody those things in my opinion.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    AmylsimsAmylsims Posts: 108 Member
    Bring back 'sneak out' from the Sims 2!
  • Options
    pizzaforpresidentpizzaforpresident Posts: 4 New Member
    I wish you could have the option to go to school with the teen like you can with the Get to Work careers. Then they could meet more teens and affect relationships with them. Maybe they could have consequences for bad behavior, and they could do extra-curricular activities, too.
  • Options
    I wish you could have the option to go to school with the teen like you can with the Get to Work careers. Then they could meet more teens and affect relationships with them. Maybe they could have consequences for bad behavior, and they could do extra-curricular activities, too.

You can if you use mods.
    Yeah would love a proper pack for it instead.

• Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Can we all agree this isn't right? :D Why would a teen sim have this hair... lol there definitely needs improvement to their clothing/hair filtering.
    b24a8c7d35ffd457e21b5676c9cede3b.jpg
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Can we all agree this isn't right? :D Why would a teen sim have this hair... lol there definitely needs improvement to their clothing/hair filtering.
    b24a8c7d35ffd457e21b5676c9cede3b.jpg

Yep. I've had stuff like that happen in my game all the time. As if it's not already hard to tell the life stages apart sometimes.

As for the topic at hand,

I'd be more okay with the teens being the same height as the adults if:

1. Their facial features were more distinguishable from adults. That's a big problem I have with the Teen - Adult stages in this game. There's almost no difference. Both in appearance and gameplay.
    or
    2. They added a preteen stage. And I hope to God we get one in TS5. I don't care how redundant it may be. It's not like they had a problem with redundancy when they split the adult stage into two separate stages and then made the teen stage by making an adult's face slightly rounder.

I also agree that giving more teen exclusive interactions would be a big help. Bring back prom, after school activities, private schools, and running away from home. Expand more on the mischief skill they loved to talk about back when the base game came out. Put more emphasis on school so that it's more than just a place your underage sims go to for a few hours and accomplish nothing. Have them learn skills at school. Let them choose their classes. Make their GPA's matter. Make it so that Sims who got good grades in school are more likely to get higher paying jobs or get into better colleges when the eventual University pack roles around (though, given this game's track record, I'll be genuinely surprised if there's more than one college). Introduce the SATs. Make studying for it as stressful for teen sims as it is for real teenagers. Bring back social groups and cliques from TS3 (albeit in a less obnoxious way). I'm actually kinda surprised we don't have that last one when TS4 puts so much emphasis on social interactions. I suppose Get Together gave us that, to an extent. But it's still a bit too...superficial to accurately simulate high school cliques.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited April 2018
    These 4 hair styles should really be disabled for teen townies. I'd say bald too, but I rarely ever see any townies that are bald, well unless cc was removed.
    4bbc89df12eec8d03abf02b6670bb2a3.png
    176a632aae0c033d04b8b3f0f612861f.png
    f10426f320f59a68614fd54e1d9ec229.png
    b860ad7500897b0236e60d50f35cfc66.png
    Post edited by crazycat_135 on
  • Options
    These 4 hair styles should really be disabled for teen townies. I'd say bald too, but I rarely ever see any townies that are bald, well unless cc was removed.
    4bbc89df12eec8d03abf02b6670bb2a3.png
    176a632aae0c033d04b8b3f0f612861f.png
    f10426f320f59a68614fd54e1d9ec229.png
    b860ad7500897b0236e60d50f35cfc66.png

I agree
  • Options
    it should be easier for them to met npc teens
    and they should be able to play more pranks like stink bomb and dingdong ditch
    as well as throw parties there not suppose to
  • Options
    Amylsims wrote: »
    Bring back 'sneak out' from the Sims 2!

yes please
  • Options
    This game really needs a generations pack from newborn to elder.

We need a lot of things and its not the first on my list. But its still needed!

Newborns and elders have been ignored

Kids and teens need better activity's and schools

Preteens would be nice