Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons wouldn't be confined to one world (Confirmed, NOT speculation)

Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited February 2018
    Would be interesting of they make a North and a South for TS4 then while at north worlds is summer, at south worlds be winter
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    This was also confirmed like a year ago as well, maybe 2. Glad they haven't changed their minds
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,182 Member
    Didn't see anyone make a thread on this all day, I thought someone for sure would have by now.

Quote by Simgurumegs

"We've gotten this question before and no, we would never confine seasons to a single world."

Source:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/02/18/sims-4-guru-confirms-seasons-not-confined-one-world/

Now we just have to hope that they MAKE a Seasons expansion and this isn't just them going "Oh if we DID make a Seasons pack we wouldn't confine seasons to one world.....IF we made one."
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I think it's safe to say they are going to make a Seasons pack. They pretty much confirmed it with an Easter egg in the game from that toddler book "When Is Winter?"

"Is it spring? Not now, but soon. Is it fall? Perhaps by noon? Is it summer? The heat, seems likely. When is winter? Who knows, but it's coming."
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Seasons is definitely coming. I would be surprised if it wasnt the next one to come out :)o:)
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    "Is it spring? Not now, but soon. Is it fall? Perhaps by noon? Is it summer? The heat, seems likely. When is winter? Who knows, but it's coming."

Is this not a Game of Thrones reference?
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I would hope it's not, else it would defeat the point. Though it does give an opportunity for the devs to work on unique weather patterns for each neighbourhood.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm glad it's in all the worlds, but I'd like the ability to set which world gets what type of weather. I just can't see OS getting blanketed with snow. Or the new adventure world either.....
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited February 2018
    I am so excited to see how beautiful seasons looks in Sims 4! This game has the best graphics and art style of the series. I am going to obsessively take even more pics than I already do when I get the 4 seasons in the game!!!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

I would love to believe this but these guys have said a lot of things and gone back on their word. I am not saying it is intentional but things change and they have to back pedal. At this point, I am a believe when I see it when it comes to EA.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited February 2018
    That was just a rumour that has been burning since late 2016. It was just started a joke and as usual got taken as gospel.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2018
    @EA_Mage This isn't speculation, as in the title. Its literally a sim guru statement.

If it could be moved back thatd be wonderful :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • This kind of lifted up my soul and and my hope :D just thinking of all the things added when seasons is out. <3
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2018
    Seasons is definitely coming. I would be surprised if it wasnt the next one to come out :)o:)

When? And how do you know? I would like some evidence it is coming this year, please. Definitely needs to be backed up with something for me to take this seriously. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

Note, she said they wouldn't confine it to one world. Well, o.k. how about three vacation destinations? Just sayin' it out loud.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

Note, she said they wouldn't confine it to one world. Well, o.k. how about three vacation destinations? Just sayin' it out loud.

My first thought too..
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    I would like the ability to set climates for each world though. If i see snow in Oasis Springs im going to be cheesed. I would love it in most of the other worlds though (especially Granite Falls vacation world). Id prefer not to have to mess with my settings constantly to toggle it on and off whenever i go anywhere haha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

My first thought too..

I don't think that will happen. While this game has some pretty serious limitations, I think the team understands that seasons is expected in multiple places.

I would put my money on seasons being applicable everywhere, if it isn't I will be very surprised.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member

I'd be utterly shocked if Seasons wasn't the next EP.
    Also I think the majority would riot. :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

What do three vacation destinations have to do with seasons? Nothing at all. They never promised us seasons or a S4 version of WA with 3 worlds. We want seasons and hope for seasons but even a guru saying that they would never split up seasons doesn't mean it has been confirmed as on the way. What they have said is that they want to do a few things differently this time around. Not the same old packs, but new packs or old packs done differently.

Just sayin'.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    There are also those calendars in the Cats & Dogs expansions that show seasons, as well as the pet maladies: Ice Fur, Winterfest Fever, etc. I'd definitely wager that Seasons is the next EP.
  • MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There are also those calendars in the Cats & Dogs expansions that show seasons, as well as the pet maladies: Ice Fur, Winterfest Fever, etc. I'd definitely wager that Seasons is the next EP.

I really hope that you are right. I am so bored of the perpetual sunshine. I am excited, yet apprehensive as to what they would do with seasons this time around.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

3 Vacation destinations is not a single world. That's 3 worlds. And that's not what she's saying. She's referring to previous answers that clearly state Seasons would be for all worlds, and not confined to specific worlds.

Let the rumor die already. These same rumors came around with TS3 too. They obviously design the game engines with the two biggest packs in mind (Seasons & Pets).
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2018
    @EA_Mage This isn't speculation, as in the title. Its literally a sim guru statement.

If it could be moved back thatd be wonderful :)

While that specific statement is indeed official the following discussion is still speculation.

I think this thread is right at home in The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor board :smile:

-Mage
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Quote by Simgurumegs

Source:

3 Vacation destinations is not a single world. That's 3 worlds. And that's not what she's saying. She's referring to previous answers that clearly state Seasons would be for all worlds, and not confined to specific worlds.

Let the rumor die already. These same rumors came around with TS3 too. They obviously design the game engines with the two biggest packs in mind (Seasons & Pets).

What rumors? I haven't heard any. I'm just going by past remarks about the engine though we do get the occasional comment they wouldn't do it (confine it) to new worlds only. And since they said Pets/Cats and Dogs was their biggest EP to get out of the way....it does make me wonder if that is true, how easy or hard is seasons? Just speculating.