Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What things in the Sims 4 do you find odd and wonder if they are intended?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    1. The giant telescope, and that there is no smaller version of it. Giant things in general. Sometimes I wonder if the developers thought everyone only wants to build castles when they made this game.

2. The lack of an option to give other sims items from your inventory. If I want to give something to a sim who doesn't live in the same household, I have to place it somewhere, then play as the other sim to come by and take it. And sometimes the game even says the other sim can't take it because it doesn't belong to them. So unnecessarily complicated!

3. The fact that there are no house telephones, not even as decorative objects. You can put the most ridiculous statues in your living room if you want, but no telephones.

4. The utter uselessness of wardrobes. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're still there (unlike telephones), because bedrooms wouldn't look the same without them, but you don't need them anymore to change your clothes, and if you do, there's not even an animation of the sim interacting with them.

5. No piercings and body hair in CAS. I'm not a fan of either, but it's something that really should be there. Also, why does makeup look so hideous on dark-skinned sims? Especially bright lipsticks, they look like they were applied by someone who didn't know where the lips end and the rest of the face begins.
  • Options
    GlitterbuGlitterbu Posts: 58 Member
    That the mother of a child will put the toddler in a high chair with food and 5 seconds later the father will pick up the toddler and put him on the floor
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    3. The fact that there are no house telephones, not even as decorative objects. You can put the most ridiculous statues in your living room if you want, but no telephones.

To be honest, I haven't seen a stationary phone in real life in ages, in a house at least (maybe in some workplace). That one decision I get, since even kids have mobile phones by default, but I also understand it could be a nice addition for some people.

But I just remembered my one thing: a squeamish Foodie drinks tap water autonomously, and then complains how disgusting and awful it was.

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    1. leaving baby in the house while it's on fire
    2. always the same sim passing by the household I play
    3. introduction to roommate you had been living with very long time and who you suddenly forgot
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    In my country there are bars that offer free chips before you get your actual food/drinks so that's not weird to me :sweat_smile:

For me the weirdest thing from TS4 is that there are so many families(most of the popular families are like this) on Gallery were young adults have teenage kids.. I mean yeah I understand that TS4 is not real life but WHY?

Please explain to me how this is odd? I am 38 and consider myself a young adult. I have a 14 year old and a 17 year old.
  • Options
    XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    Why, when a sim changes a toddler's nappy, do they then waft the smell up to themselves? Is it a case of the wrong animation being used or something? It's bizarre.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    In my country there are bars that offer free chips before you get your actual food/drinks so that's not weird to me :sweat_smile:

For me the weirdest thing from TS4 is that there are so many families(most of the popular families are like this) on Gallery were young adults have teenage kids.. I mean yeah I understand that TS4 is not real life but WHY?

I also want to know how this is odd. I still see myself as a young adult and also am the parent to a teen. My other two kids are still under age 10.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Getting a phone call from a sim... "I heard you became friends with ABC.. they're really cool!"

Yeah... ABC's my daughter...
  • Options
    The "Exchange numbers" interaction. I mean, I get the idea, but also in TS4 world it's kind of pointless, since Sims have posibility to call anyone after just meeting them. It's especially weird when it occurs for friends. I know it's a part of different romantic menu, but still.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    When you interact with someone in your neighborhood, even if it's a negative interaction, they automatically consider themselves invited to hang out in your house, use your computer and eat your food.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I totally forgot something else in my first post here, the fact that sims, when eating together and I want them to talk, stand up, hug each other, don't sit down again and talk. I always need to tell them manually to sit down again. I wonder if this is a bug or really intended. Who in real life would stand up and hug their parent just because they want to talk?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    edited February 2018

To be honest, I haven't seen a stationary phone in real life in ages, in a house at least (maybe in some workplace). That one decision I get, since even kids have mobile phones by default, but I also understand it could be a nice addition for some people.

Well, I have never seen a real house without a stationary phone in ages... Might depend on the location then.

Of course, a functional stationary phone wouldn't make that much sense anymore because every sim is born with a mobile in their pocket nowadays, but a derocative object would still be nice, especially for old-fashioned homes, offices, and public venues. And considering all the other non-functional clutter we have, the phone was actually among the first things I looked for when I started building in TS4.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I totally forgot something else in my first post here, the fact that sims, when eating together and I want them to talk, stand up, hug each other, don't sit down again and talk. I always need to tell them manually to sit down again. I wonder if this is a bug or really intended. Who in real life would stand up and hug their parent just because they want to talk?

I'd say that's either a bug, or a feature they didn't really think through before implementing it. Besides how annoying it is, as you said, who does that in real life? Occasional hugs and kisses for a person you appreciate, yes, but not in the middle of a meal.
  • Options

Well, I have never seen a real house without a stationary phone in ages... Might depend on the location then.

Of course, a functional stationary phone wouldn't make that much sense anymore because every sim is born with a mobile in their pocket nowadays, but a derocative object would still be nice, especially for old-fashioned homes, offices, and public venues. And considering all the other non-functional clutter we have, the phone was actually among the first things I looked for when I started building in TS4.

Now that you mentioned that, I can agree that some decorative stationary phone would fit pretty well to a pack like e.g. Vintage Glamour. You know, with a big cradel and a rotary dial :) Maybe we'll see something like that in the future.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I'd say that's either a bug, or a feature they didn't really think through before implementing it. Besides how annoying it is, as you said, who does that in real life? Occasional hugs and kisses for a person you appreciate, yes, but not in the middle of a meal.

I'd agree it's rather a bug, at least a sitting part. There's some problems with sitting in general. I rememember Sims would for a long time play on a console while standing etc.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018

Now that you mentioned that, I can agree that some decorative stationary phone would fit pretty well to a pack like e.g. Vintage Glamour. You know, with a big cradel and a rotary dial :) Maybe we'll see something like that in the future.

If you're a Simmer who doesn't mind mods, try:

http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_05.shtml
    http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_06.shtml

Sandy even offers a teleconferencing phone that can be used on the conference tables in an office setting. <3

They're not the same as having a true, functioning telephone for the home/office. But it's better than being given no choice at all, which, sadly, seems to be the name of the game this time around.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I find the whole llama motif odd.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Getting a phone call from a sim... "I heard you became friends with ABC.. they're really cool!"

This! One of my sims was recently cheating on her girlfriend. She ended up getting engaged to the guy she had an affair with, and the girlfriend texted saying congratulations!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited February 2018

That bugs me so much! It's not even possible. Sims spend about 6 weeks from pregnancy to young adulthood, 4 weeks to get to teen. Subtract 4 weeks from the young adult and she'd barely be a child when she became pregnant!
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Couples cant have romantic interacions when one sim age up to Young ault while the other still is teen

I think this was done to prevent child 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I think if they were already dating when one aged up they should still be able to.
    Pegasys wrote: »

This! One of my sims was recently cheating on her girlfriend. She ended up getting engaged to the guy she had an affair with, and the girlfriend texted saying congratulations!

Polygamy?
  • Options
    meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2018
    Weird combination of accessories, and I have no words for the other one... just very weird!

loOs98K.png
    qyTMsax.png
    Post edited by meme009 on
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    If you're a Simmer who doesn't mind mods, try:

http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_05.shtml
    http://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/objects/electronics_misc_06.shtml

Sandy even offers a teleconferencing phone that can be used on the conference tables in an office setting. <3

Beautiful! Thanks for that!
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »

That bugs me so much! It's not even possible. Sims spend about 6 weeks from pregnancy to young adulthood, 4 weeks to get to teen. Subtract 4 weeks from the young adult and she'd barely be a child when she became pregnant!

Keep in mind that we're talking about the Sims world where there are things like Potion of Youth Rewards. It's definitely possible, and one could even say it's not cheating since it's mechanics already existing in the game. And it's definitely possible for Young Adults to have teenage kids in real life.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Something I found strange, my teen sim has the neat trait and is constantly cleaning yet apparently she lacks responsibility (it's in the red) and to raise it up she should...clean.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Free chips at bars.

Huh? What country are you in? Your profile I think said you were from the US.....In the US we have free snacks, especially chips at bars A LOT. There are articles even about the best free bar snacks at what bars here in the US.....Most of us college kids aurvive off free bar snacks at a lot of bars they almost serve meals for free as in the articles below. You don't get carded if you don't actually order alcohol, so you can order a Pepsi or coke at the bar and as long as you spend money you still get the free food. When you are broke and a college student its amazing :smile: .

https://cnn.com/travel/article/bar-snacks/index.html
    https://thrillist.com/eat/seattle/best-bar-snacks-seattle
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Free chips at bars.

Huh? What country are you in? Your profile I think said you were from the US.....In the US we have free snacks, especially chips at bars A LOT. There are articles even about the best free bar snacks at what bars here in the US.....Most of us college kids aurvive off free bar snacks at a lot of bars they almost serve meals for free as in the articles below. You don't get carded if you don't actually order alcohol, so you can order a Pepsi or coke at the bar and as long as you spend money you still get the free food. When you are broke and a college student its amazing :smile: .

https://cnn.com/travel/article/bar-snacks/index.html
    https://thrillist.com/eat/seattle/best-bar-snacks-seattle

Interesting, I always assumed it was one of those unrealistic sims things like how they can get free quick meals from the fridge and feed toddlers for free.
  • Options
    713456713456 Posts: 3 New Member
    If u want polygamy. On the Sims 4 u have to download the mc command center
    Then go to woohoo then woohoo actions
    Then allow polygamy