Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa day bundle or vampire bundle?

Sorry for another 'Which game should I choose thread..' but I really can't make up my kind here! My husband is fed up of me haha!

I've been eyeing up the Spa Day bundle for ages because the price has been really good from a certain company. I do really like the idea of the spa, quite like the idea of the perfect patio stuff but not overly bothered about the luxury stuff. Such a good deal though.

But.. I've been watching The Originals on Netflix and it's kind of made me want to play around with vampires.. I had previously said it didn't really interest me and I am worried they might ruin all my human sim saves. (any input on that?) The two stuff packs that come with it, kids room and backyard are two that I have been eyeing up anyway..

Which would you guys recommend?
Gallery name: Anna-Banna

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I cannot comment on perfect patio or luxury party bc I don't have them, but Spa Day is very underrated for a GP. I'll try to condense this into a few statements concerning it; you have a new spa venue, though if you don't bother to use it all the time it may not be for you. Though the yoga, meditations, and massages can give you long lasting moodlets if you want to be in a specific mood for a lot of the day, and you can have these objects all at home. The wellness skill can be extremely useful if you can take the time to lvl it up, as it can help you de-stress, randomly increase other skills, help repair bad relationships, and magically teleport.

Vampires are one of the best GPs yet (depending on if the new GP will be any better), and unlike some who report mass vampire attacks, those with save games like me rarely have reported any attacks in rl months, and the best piece of advice to probably avoid any kind of attack is to not delve into vampire lore. My save games have sims with vampire friends and everything carries on like normal. If you unfortunately experience constant attacks, I recommend getting into the lore and learning to make garlic braids (all game-created vamps and premades have no garlic immunity so they can't bite you around garlic) or delete the premade vamps right away to avoid the trigger scenarios. Apart from vamp attacks, the CAS and BB objects are great to give you Gothic/Victorian feel for your Sims and homes, and as for the vamps themselves, they and the system that revolves around their abilities and skills is top notch to develop them to their full potential.

Kid's Room is a great SP that I find using for kids all the time. The CAS stuff is great, the BB items are awesome, and the gameplay objects are highly useful and entertaining for your kids! Backyard stuff is alright, got a few uses for some of the BB items and the CAS items look nice on some Sims (I think the unisex hair that cam with it is one I love using often), but I haven't really used much of the gameplay objects in it yet, so I can't really determine its usefulness in that regard.

All in all it's how you find your playstyle to be!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I agree with what paradiseplanet has said.

I haven't played that much with Vampires just each of the two households installed in the game briefly to get an idea about Vampires. I still need to explore them fully. I'm not really into playing creatures in the Sims very much so I can't comment too much about the Vampire pack

I loved the new wellness skill option in Spa Day, especially the teleport option when you reach the top of the skill. It is very useful if you need to get across a large lot quickly. And practicing or doing Yoga is good for getting fun levels up. The massage table is good for helping your Sim after a hard work out at the gym to help those tired muscles. My Sims have not really tried the sauna, so cant comment on that but I believe your Sim can die in it, probably why I have not used it LOL

I would say that Spa Day is a good pack to have.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Between those two, I use Spa Day for every save. I have the vampire pack only for build/buy stuff. I do not visit the world from the pack, do not interact purposely with the vampire life state (got a mod that gets rid of their visiting), and never use the vampire lore skill.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Thank you for the input.

I was thinking similar @NorthDakotaGamer. I think spa day will get used in all my saves, where vampires I think I would keep to one.. Perhaps I would get more use from spas in that case. I could just pick up the other two stuff packs at a later date.. I don't feel they add too much really anyway.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    I cannot comment on perfect patio or luxury party bc I don't have them, but Spa Day is very underrated for a GP. I'll try to condense this into a few statements concerning it; you have a new spa venue, though if you don't bother to use it all the time it may not be for you. Though the yoga, meditations, and massages can give you long lasting moodlets if you want to be in a specific mood for a lot of the day, and you can have these objects all at home. The wellness skill can be extremely useful if you can take the time to lvl it up, as it can help you de-stress, randomly increase other skills, help repair bad relationships, and magically teleport.

Vampires are one of the best GPs yet (depending on if the new GP will be any better), and unlike some who report mass vampire attacks, those with save games like me rarely have reported any attacks in rl months, and the best piece of advice to probably avoid any kind of attack is to not delve into vampire lore. My save games have sims with vampire friends and everything carries on like normal. If you unfortunately experience constant attacks, I recommend getting into the lore and learning to make garlic braids (all game-created vamps and premades have no garlic immunity so they can't bite you around garlic) or delete the premade vamps right away to avoid the trigger scenarios. Apart from vamp attacks, the CAS and BB objects are great to give you Gothic/Victorian feel for your Sims and homes, and as for the vamps themselves, they and the system that revolves around their abilities and skills is top notch to develop them to their full potential.

Kid's Room is a great SP that I find using for kids all the time. The CAS stuff is great, the BB items are awesome, and the gameplay objects are highly useful and entertaining for your kids! Backyard stuff is alright, got a few uses for some of the BB items and the CAS items look nice on some Sims (I think the unisex hair that cam with it is one I love using often), but I haven't really used much of the gameplay objects in it yet, so I can't really determine its usefulness in that regard.

All in all it's how you find your playstyle to be!

I wonder if they tuned down the vampire invasions. In my latest save, Vlad came to my Sims' door in the middle of the night but didn't break in (Vampiric Entrance) because my Sim was only a teen. And he hasn't shown up at any of her other residences (I moved her from San Myshuno to a farmhouse in Newcrest to work on her gardening skill).

I like the outdoor furniture from Perfect Patio, and I've used Luxury Party for some great wedding venues (the buffet tables are awesome if you don't want to trust a caterer to make more than BLTs. B) ) If you have a Sim with the Fresh Chef trait from one of the Culinary aspirations, have them active when you trigger the buffet tables and the food won't spoil so you can take it home and not have to cook for days since it never spoils. Just make sure to bake your own wedding cake and stick it in your inventory, then you can add the wedding topper after you put it on a table. And I use a lot of Spa Days Build assets, particularly the tile floor textures for upscale bathrooms, and the wellness skill is great. I often get my Elder Sims into yoga and meditation, though I've got my current Sim building up hers because the teleportation might be useful for getting out of sticky situations in the jungle.

If Seasons does come out later this year as rumored, the items from Backyard Stuff (like the waterslide and the drinks pitcher) might be useful in cooling down on a hot day (and I like adding the drinks from the pitcher to my restaurant menus). And Kids Room might be in my top 5 SPs -- the furniture coordinates well with the Parenthood items if you ever get that GP. Since I play on Long lifespan, I usually end up with enough time for my Sim kids to do two aspirations. I'll often start my Sim children out with the Base Game furniture, then after they finish their first aspiration, I'll change out the furniture to the Kids Room set, and consider that sort of a "transition" to preteen. Haven't done much with the VoidCritters though I have them in my library Children's Center in Willow Creek and the playroom at my Arts & Science Center in Newcrest but the puppet theater is great for building Social; if you have a child and toddler in the household the toddlers really enjoy watching the puppet shows so your child can help entertain the toddler while you get tinner going or whatever.
    Post edited by stilljustme2 on
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    The invasions was the one thing worrying me. I read a couple of real old threads with people saying well why buy the pack if you don't want vampires. That's why I was on the fence. I have a lovely rotational save I wouldn't want to add them too, but another with my only alien sim which I wouldn't be bothered about. Just weighing up the pros and cons.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sorry for another 'Which game should I choose thread..' but I really can't make up my kind here! My husband is fed up of me haha!

I've been eyeing up the Spa Day bundle for ages because the price has been really good from a certain company. I do really like the idea of the spa, quite like the idea of the perfect patio stuff but not overly bothered about the luxury stuff. Such a good deal though.

But.. I've been watching The Originals on Netflix and it's kind of made me want to play around with vampires.. I had previously said it didn't really interest me and I am worried they might ruin all my human sim saves. (any input on that?) The two stuff packs that come with it, kids room and backyard are two that I have been eyeing up anyway..

Which would you guys recommend?

Honestly, if you don't interact with the vampires & delete Vlad from your save, they won't really bother you at all. I never notice them if I don't want to. I've had sims live in Forgotten Hollow in a save where I "accidentally" killed the original Vlad (I replaced his house & him with his house & him & his family from another save, which kinda made Vlad stop "working" - as in, no phone calls etc.). I've had a sim couple move there and they've had like one vampire visit since :D So if that's your concern, then no, I doubt they'll ruin your saves/sims.

Now, which one is better? It's a tough call, since we don't know how much you'd really play the vampires. I myself am only really, really interested in witches as far as supernatural sims are concerned, so I play them sometimes and like seeing them hang around in bars in San Myshuno, but I don't use the content very much when I don't. Spa Day, I use all the time and in almost all of my builds. I like yoga, the yoga classes, saunas, meditation, massages, the entire wellness skill, the special baths (soaks/muds) and recipes, incense candles, going to the spa, putting spas in certain spots (like Granite Falls & perhaps soon Selvadorada :D), and the feel of CAS/BB. So it's one I've never regretted owning cause I use it in every save, all the time. I just find it a fun thing for sims to do.

If I had to choose? I wouldn't know what. I'd get them both :D But considering I use spa items more than vampire stuff? Idk .. I might actually favour Spa Day even if I consider the Vampire GP to be one of the highest quality GP's of them all. So it really depends on you & how you play. If vampires is a thing you think you'd really enjoy playing, go with that. If you just wanna have them & a bit of magic around, maybe too. Especially if you don't think you'll engage much with the wellness skill. But if you're a more realistic player and would like to enhance your game & think you would use these things a lot? Then maybe SD is better for you.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    as i've said in other threads about this, i've interacted with vampires since day one of the pack. have multiple vampires as friends to the premades, have 5 or 6 unplayed townies wandering around (though i do try to keep the townie vampire number around that, excluding the handful i might find fun to turn, like an elder raccoon suit wearer), and have them...basically all over the place. every sim i play knows at least one vampire. and, vlad's only called one non-vamp sim about her neck,a nd he never even visited her. i've got the occasional break in at night, but honestly, alien abductions happen more frequently to me than vampire break ins. and it's been this way since the pack came out for me.

as the above person says, though, for the packs (and their associated stuff packs) it's a really tough call. i love both spa day and vampires for vastly different reasons. even if you don't like vampires themselves, the pack comes with some pretty great gothic styles, both cas and build/buy. it also introduces a lot of great wall decor to age your lots, if you want fixeruppers, haunted houses, or whatnot. (pairing this up with ghosts in the gothic clothing, if you like ghosts, can be very, very fun for stories of hauntings).

but spa day does have all that more modern stuff that seems to find its way into virtually every sim and lot i work with. wellness skill is great, and i love at least one of the recipes you learn from it. all kinds of sims wind up with either hair or clothing from the pack (mostly for fitness outfits, but some works nice for party or swimwear, when paired with other things). yoga is a great way to help sims get in shape without going overboard on the muscles (i've got sims of both genders that i want to be musclebound...primarily those in the bodybuilder career. but most others, i just want toned, not muscles on top of muscles). and i love using the build mode decor for modern houses, areas for outdoor-loving sims and more. they really do find their way into most of my builds. the special soaks and yoga both deserve a bit of extra attention, if you have sims working on careers. doing a yoga routine can give your sim an 8 hour long energized, focused or confident moodlet. great for many jobs that need those. the soaks do the same, though i don't recall there being a confident one. i often have a sim do the citrus (focused) soak just before work, it lasts the whole day and boosts their job status quite a bit (obviously, just for the jobs that have focused as the best option). also, the aquariums from it are great. i use them everywhere. especially for my vampires.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I do have the vampire pack but have never really played for long as a vampire.. just haven't gotten around to it.

I have trapped them, killed them and lived with them in my towns though and even moved them in to take their money and experiment on them.. again they don't live long enough for me to know them inside and out. When I don't want to deal with them I usually just ignore them when they come to the door. Now and then one will break in for me it's really, really seldom .. they won't turn your sim into a vampire without your consent though but the animation is fun to watch. Your sim will be uncomfortable and tired after being a snack and have a bad moodlet for awhile .... so you might miss work one day. I've had very few break ins for the amount of time I play on saves that I ignore vamps in. I've never been attacked in another venue, but when they are "breaking in" you can't leave a public lot it's like when death comes a reapin' or there is a fire on the lot... you just gotta wait it out. I'm not saying you can't be attacked on a public lot.. I just play a lot and haven't yet. I have really enjoyed the pack though for someone who hasn't actively played with a vampire sim for long.

If you have a love of that show and you like to base your sims off of shows you watch. I say go for it and get the pack. I haven't seen it but watched some trailer so it's on my to watch list now... I personally don't think it bothers my saves enough to matter when I don't want to deal with vamps.. and I was really worried about that at first. If your gonna freak out if your sim gets bit and gets uncomfortable once in a blue moon.. don't get it..

I also love the spa day pack ;).
    egTcBMc.png
    Thank you. I think you have mostly swayed me to the spa day one.. I have wanted that for longer and I had another thought that IF they decide to release more lifestages such as werewolves and witches I could play them all together in a save. I may get more play out if that way. @Hermitgirl The Originals is well worth the watch.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2018
    Personally I like Vampires more.

Not only does it feel (in my personal opinion) much more worth the money compared to Spa Day, I also barely, and by barely I mean seriously barely never use any of the Spa Day stuff. (that, ofcourse is a personal preference though).

I have never been into Supernaturals, and I am still not, but imo they really did a great job with Vampires this time around.
    Myself, being more of a family player, I loved the Kids SP's.

As for Vampires ruining saves? Nah, I haven't had any issues with Vampires so far. I don't really play them that much, and in my experiene I never had any problems (Towns flooding with Vampires etc) that make Vampires something annoying.

So personally I would go for the Vampire bundle.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I use spa day the most. Perfect patio is almost even with that. I find I don't use much of anything from Vamp, but I'm glad I have it. I do use some of the deco items from luxury but I really don't use it as much as I thought I would.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    Thanks @rudy8292 . Thanks for reminding me that this choice has the stuff packs too. I kind of forget about them and see them as a bonus. But getting the bundle with the two I would prefer would make sense... Ah I'm so torn... Got a week or so to make up my mind. Finally getting fast broadband so will wait and see how fast it downloads instead of waiting hours like I currently do!

@joRN1414 I do like the idea of the luxury pack although I don't have many households who live the life of luxury. Sending them to the spa seems like a nice break for the parents of my big families.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Spa Day > Vampires. However, kids room and backyard stuff are two of the best SP's imo. I had to make the same choice once and chose Spa Day :D. The Vampire bundle was the last I bought just because I didn't want vamps in my game. They were a small issue later on in my game for about two days, but it wasn't a huge deal.
    0G9Un6T.gif
    The invasions was the one thing worrying me. I read a couple of real old threads with people saying well why buy the pack if you don't want vampires. That's why I was on the fence. I have a lovely rotational save I wouldn't want to add them too, but another with my only alien sim which I wouldn't be bothered about. Just weighing up the pros and cons.

The reason why I want vampires is that I want to be able to play with vampires in some saves, but not in every save. That's why I'd like to have some sort of on/off toggle to have the game not spawn vampires, or not spawn vampires if you delete the premade vampires. Not sure if MCCC has anything that prevents vampire spawning -- there is a feature where you can humanize all vampires, and I might go ahead and use that (the only one that's really annoying is Vlad, and he's already enemies with my Sim).
    kalaksed wrote: »
    as i've said in other threads about this, i've interacted with vampires since day one of the pack. have multiple vampires as friends to the premades, have 5 or 6 unplayed townies wandering around (though i do try to keep the townie vampire number around that, excluding the handful i might find fun to turn, like an elder raccoon suit wearer), and have them...basically all over the place. every sim i play knows at least one vampire. and, vlad's only called one non-vamp sim about her neck,a nd he never even visited her. i've got the occasional break in at night, but honestly, alien abductions happen more frequently to me than vampire break ins. and it's been this way since the pack came out for me.

as the above person says, though, for the packs (and their associated stuff packs) it's a really tough call. i love both spa day and vampires for vastly different reasons. even if you don't like vampires themselves, the pack comes with some pretty great gothic styles, both cas and build/buy. it also introduces a lot of great wall decor to age your lots, if you want fixeruppers, haunted houses, or whatnot. (pairing this up with ghosts in the gothic clothing, if you like ghosts, can be very, very fun for stories of hauntings).

but spa day does have all that more modern stuff that seems to find its way into virtually every sim and lot i work with. wellness skill is great, and i love at least one of the recipes you learn from it. all kinds of sims wind up with either hair or clothing from the pack (mostly for fitness outfits, but some works nice for party or swimwear, when paired with other things). yoga is a great way to help sims get in shape without going overboard on the muscles (i've got sims of both genders that i want to be musclebound...primarily those in the bodybuilder career. but most others, i just want toned, not muscles on top of muscles). and i love using the build mode decor for modern houses, areas for outdoor-loving sims and more. they really do find their way into most of my builds. the special soaks and yoga both deserve a bit of extra attention, if you have sims working on careers. doing a yoga routine can give your sim an 8 hour long energized, focused or confident moodlet. great for many jobs that need those. the soaks do the same, though i don't recall there being a confident one. i often have a sim do the citrus (focused) soak just before work, it lasts the whole day and boosts their job status quite a bit (obviously, just for the jobs that have focused as the best option). also, the aquariums from it are great. i use them everywhere. especially for my vampires.

Wasn't aware the citrus soak helps with Focused -- I mostly use the Oatmeal soak for my Sims after a workout because it helps them recover faster especially if they get a Sore Muscles moodlet. I have a Sim who is a freelance programmer (and hacker) so the Focused moodlet would help a lot.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I recomnend the vampire bundle because the vampire game pack is the most solid game pack to date and its gameplay is actually fun..you get the feeling that there is a sense of purpose (acquire as much powers as u can) which is what it makes it enjoyable. The customisation options are also pretty cool! There is no danger of your human sims turning into vampites autonomously as this has to be chosen by the player. The stuff packs it comes with are pretty worthless on my opinion but the same goes for almost every stuff pack. The spa day is good mostly cor builders (awesome furniture etc). The only fun gameplay aspect it adds are the massages and the sauna imo which is not enough to buy a game pack.
    Oh I am really stuck here... I'm favouring the Vampires for the two stuff packs maybe more than Vampires, although they would work with some ideas I have.. But I'm favouring Spa Day for... well Spa Day. The awesome price I had been eyeing up for months, but I know I can still get it for £18.99. (Only £1 more admittedly but it's the fact that now I'm ready to buy one it's gone up! It's like they know haha!) Or the Vampires bundle is £19.99.

Wondering if i could buy both now haha. My husband is fed up with the questions but I think he may just murder me if I brought them both in one month... (Not literally!!) I always tell him off for buying loads of stuff! :D
    hey, sometimes you've gotta treat yourself!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I will always recommend Vampires because they're my favorite supernatural type to play and Sims 4 has created them better than any other Sims version. I love that they will sometimes come drink plasma from sleeping Sims, and the powers system and effects are a blast to play. Of
    course, if you don't want invasive vampires in your game, you might find them a little frustrating or annoying, so that's somethingto keep in mind. But the build /buy stuff is to die for, it's loaded with gorgeous Victorian styles and creepy additions that allow the ability to make run down or haunted looking buildings. And the CAS styles are very modern gothic with some Victorian flavors mixed in. Forgotten Hollow is beautiful done and loaded with the spooky ambience of an eccentric, hidden town where dark things happen to good people.

The Kid's Room pack is really good too. I'm not a huge family player, but I've gotten some good use out of it and I just adore the Void Critters. Totally worth it.

As for Spa Day, it's a decent pack and I've used it more than I expected to. I actually find it very relaxing to watch my Sims get a variety of massages and I like the Wellness skill and meditation. I do find this pack a little thinner and more limited in its focus, but if you are the kind of player who would get good use out of it, then it's probably worth it. There are some beautifully creative spas in the gallery and that's where I get mine from because I'm not the best builder. The sruff packs that come with Spa Day are kind of "meh" to me, but again, you know your own play style and if you think you would get good use out of the items, then that might be better for you.

But I will say that as a grouping theme, the Spa Day with Luxury and Patio makes a lot more sense and is more complimentary than Vampires with Kids and Backyard. :p
    #Team Occult
    I decided I couldn't wait any longer. My Sims 4 collection is dismal considering it's been out so long and I finally decided it was time to change that. I have purchased both. Worked well! Hubby just brought tickets to some football game for over £40 so I made that my justification for getting both haha! But he was fine with it anyway! Thank you so much for all your input and sorry it has turned out almost a waste of your time! You just made me want them both more haha! <3
    not a waste at all. and i hope you enjoy all the packs, they really do work well together in all sorts of little and often unexpected ways. one thing i really like about 4, the way they make all the packs manage to play off each other (like kids room introduces voidcritters and several other packs since then use voidcritters as decor, clothing designs, even potential coat markings for pets)
    Thank you again for all your help. @kalaksed I don't think it'll be a waste at that price no matter what. I can effectively look at it that I paid for the two stuff packs I wanted and got Vampires free if I start to regret it. But I don't think I will.

Haven't played with the vampires much yet. Created them and put them in a house but now I just sleep haha. Played around with the spa a little too. I am loving that I must say. I always love the addition of CAS stuff regardless, I love dressing them up haha.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I decided I couldn't wait any longer. My Sims 4 collection is dismal considering it's been out so long and I finally decided it was time to change that. I have purchased both. Worked well! Hubby just brought tickets to some football game for over £40 so I made that my justification for getting both haha! But he was fine with it anyway! Thank you so much for all your input and sorry it has turned out almost a waste of your time! You just made me want them both more haha! <3

That's what I would do, if I couldn't decide, I'd just get both. :D

Glad to hear you've resolved your decision, though. Hope you enjoy all of those packs! :)
    #Team Occult
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hey, I have Luxury Party now and I must say the CAS items are quite outlandish (in a good way!) and are great for giving to a Sim who really wants to stand out from the crowd. The party objects I haven't played with yet, but if they work as intended they're great for feeding your hungry party guests. I don't think they serve much purpose at a residence so I plop them in community lots I visit for parties instead. As for the BB items...well if you want to build a really nice nightclub then Luxury Party is where it's at.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png