Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The stream convinced me to buy Jungle Adventures....

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I know it's a small thing, but I'm super excited about the new collection case!

I can't wait to place things in the case, since my floors are getting a bit overwhelmed by frogs.

Yes! The collection case is such a great addition, especially for museums. I'm really looking forward to the builds that people will do, using them and all the relics in the pack. I'd like to have a museum with more variety. :)

I actually changed the Museum in Oasis Springs to be a Science museum instead of art.

There is a bunch of science related stuff on the top floor, dead aliens in cages, some chemistry tables etc, on the middle floor is the insect exhibit with a bunch of bugs from Granite Falls.

The bottom floor has a bunch of rocks and gems on display as well as a gift store, albeit purely decorative and non functional, sims will still go in and wander around.

I also added more paintings and sculptures to the Museum in Willow Creek, added some romantic garden landscaping as well as a wishing well, but I plan on perhaps changing the museum in Brindleton Bay to be a historical museum. If not that then perhaps the one in the new world.

I like the fact they thought ahead with the Jungle Pack and did put the Museum on a nice big lot for us to expand and add to as we desire to make it our own. That was a great idea for many of us.

ETA - Do you really just love frogs - just being curious here as to why you have so many. You do realize you do not have to keep them all - once you find new ones they are added to the list in the collections - you can sell them unless you just love frogs. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Is Hammocks and Tents coming with this pack?

No hammocks or tents in this pack.

Oh that's too bad about hammocks. I have tents with OR but I figured this pack would get it's own tents for people that don't have OR. Thanks for the info though.

My you are a dare-devil Catlover - what with wanting hammocks in a dangerous jungle and all, filled with dangerous creatures. I could see if it was a tropical beach paradise though - but in a jungle - well that could be hazardous to your sims lives and health. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The museum in SD is the only thing I'm not sure about. I like that they started one but I think I'll move it to a regular town, it just seems odd to go on vacation just to see the museum.

I've already added a modern wing to the museum in WC and renamed it a natural history museum. I added a three story rocket and other things. I'll add my SD stuff to the second floor in those new cases for a wing of donated artifacts from my explorer sims family.

Now, I just need to figure out what to do with the museum lot. Maybe a park with family stuff like grills and picnic tables and stuff for the kiddies to play on. Then my families going there for just a vacation will have a place to hang out and be together. I want a place to add the wishing well so this may be the answer for where to place it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The livestreams never really convince me. I always wait for multiple let's plays from various sources to watch before purchasing 3+ months later. I also am not usually trusting of those that get early access and can not seem to trust the gurus' bias opinions. Guess I am very critical of the game and research to make sure any DLC is worth my money.

Those that get it early show the stuff the day before release and most are trust worthy to me.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The museum in SD is the only thing I'm not sure about. I like that they started one but I think I'll move it to a regular town, it just seems odd to go on vacation just to see the museum.

I've already added a modern wing to the museum in WC and renamed it a natural history museum. I added a three story rocket and other things. I'll add my SD stuff to the second floor in those new cases for a wing of donated artifacts from my explorer sims family.

Now, I just need to figure out what to do with the museum lot. Maybe a park with family stuff like grills and picnic tables and stuff for the kiddies to play on. Then my families going there for just a vacation will have a place to hang out and be together. I want a place to add the wishing well so this may be the answer for where to place it.

A spa or restuarent would be a good idea for that 64x64 lot.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @catloverplayer

I don't trust their too perky attitudes about the build/buy mode things. What I watch is more let's plays to form my opinion as that is where most of the glitches are shown and gameplay is shown. Before I purchase any video/computer games, I always view actual gameplay. I guess I am very critical of all content.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

A spa or restuarent would be a good idea for that 64x64 lot.

I thought about adding a spa or a restaurant but changed my mind. SD is more primitive than GF and I don't want to loose the primitive jungle feel by adding in a spa or restaurant. If I want my sims to experience those, there are enough in my regular worlds and I don't want to send them on vacation just to experience a spa in the jungle that's really no different from other spas. I want to keep the "I'm in a jungle" feel. Besides, I added those in GF where I think they fit better.