Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The stream convinced me to buy Jungle Adventures....

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
I am normally not into exploring/tombs/living skeletons or anything of the sort .

But Selvadorada (?) is so darn beautiful after looking at the stream, that I must have that game! :)<3

Combined with sims 4's charming , beautiful graphic style , its too much to resist! o:):)<3

Oh and the salsa dancing!!!

<3B) Also, I love seeing the big you tube simmers show up to the live streams , it just shows how much people love and are involved with this game :)
Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was going to buy it anyway but before the livestream I wasn't too excited about it. Boy did my mind change 180 degrees once I saw the livestream. Now I have Peps. Can't wait for Seasons so we can have rain there.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    It was cool seeing some of the influencers but I liked seeing so many forum members there. I couldn't say hello to anyone cause chat was moving so fast. :p
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited January 2019
    So it was amazing seeing how excited everyone was! Sad how there was like one or two determined trolls.
    Other than that great stream . The comments were generally amazing and SO fun to read <3<3<3
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Everything looks so amazing! The BB objects and floors and walls are beautiful.
    The jungle looks spectacular, there's so much to do a part from tomb exploring

And avocados!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i have to admit the trailer didn't move me, but that livestream gave me a change of attitude. all the details they've shown have me excited for the pack. it's really loaded for a GP.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I'm sure I would have gotten it.. by the trailer I was definitely ready for it but the livestream amped that up over the top.
    I really like that the CAS "native" clothing items aren't all flamboyant either. I only want the top or skirt to be sort of bold.. not both. And if I remember correctly the sim guy with the smexy hair had on pants on that actually touched his shoes... omg I almost fainted!
    I love the idea of exploring too.. I doubt it will be that action packed but it looks fun.. the spiders actually creeped me out. I can see using the creepy crawler lot trait with haunted and cursed in a haunted house... So much planning. It's exciting :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the long, explorers pants with the hip fanny pack too.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well I'm sure I would have gotten it.. by the trailer I was definitely ready for it but the livestream amped that up over the top.
    I really like that the CAS "native " clothing items aren't all flamboyant either. I only want the top or skirt to be sort of bold.. not both. And if I remember correctly the sim guy with the smexy hair had on pants on that actually touched his shoes... omg I almost fainted!
    I love the idea of exploring too.. I doubt it will be that action packed but it looks fun.. the spiders actually creeped me out. I can see using the creepy crawler lot trait with haunted and cursed in a haunted house... So much planning. It's exciting :).

Glad I’m not the only one obsessing over the short wavy hair on the male sim.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I was definitely excited by the trailer nice little taste then I watched part of the lifestream and turned my 'I want this' rockets all the way up, it looks so pretty and those new dance moves I have some curvy ladies just waiting to try them out. Still wish just once they could announce the gamepack the day before it comes out we still wait the same amount of time sure but less antsyness...hehe at least for me. Everything looks so good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    I was already super excited about it before i saw the stream cause im a huge fan of the explorer themes and seeing the livestream just got me even more excited. The only thing i hope they'll touch up on before release is the animation for the dancing as it looked kind of unfinished in my opinion. Like the base for it is great, just the way she moved looked a tiny bit robotic. Thats my only complaint though, it looks like an amazing pack, cant wait to try it
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like the long, explorers pants with the hip fanny pack too.

Those are totally my new favorite pants! Right up there with the strappy shorts we got in....Get Together, I think?
    #Team Occult
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I really loved the two simgurus who showed off the game. Put Graham next to them in the upcoming stream and I'll be a happy simmer :smiley:
    I was definitely excited by the trailer nice little taste then I watched part of the lifestream and turned my 'I want this' rockets all the way up, it looks so pretty and those new dance moves I have some curvy ladies just waiting to try them out. Still wish just once they could announce the gamepack the day before it comes out we still wait the same amount of time sure but less antsyness...hehe at least for me. Everything looks so good.

But if they announce the day before it comes out, we don't get to see all the screenshots and two Live Streams to see the pack. No thanks, I like it just the way it is.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    morning stream late afternoon stream and pics in the middle, granted I don't look at all of that usually I don't even look at streams while I don't care about spoilers I like to be surprised. Mmhmm wouldn't mind that heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    esfire wrote: »
    I was already super excited about it before i saw the stream cause im a huge fan of the explorer themes and seeing the livestream just got me even more excited. The only thing i hope they'll touch up on before release is the animation for the dancing as it looked kind of unfinished in my opinion. Like the base for it is great, just the way she moved looked a tiny bit robotic. Thats my only complaint though, it looks like an amazing pack, cant wait to try it

Whew. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that. The idle was nice, but the flourish looked downright weird. Though, in the end, that's a really small detail.

I'm not the tomb-raider type and neither are my Sims. However, if I see more about the interaction with the natives and more things that can be done, aside from the tombs, this pack would make a nice destination in a game that has far too few.

For example, what is a cantina venue? I know what it means IRL, but in relation to the game, what is the difference between a cantina and any run-of-the-mill bar? The ability to put market stalls on the lot? I don't know. The way the Guru talks about the lot designation, it seems like it's supposed to be something special and really different from a regular bar.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i was sold on the trailer. and blown away by the LS. this will be great
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    After I saw this big world and how beautifully made it was with new harvestables and details like the flirty mood at the waterfall, it was I just want it NOW :)

I'm really impressed by the big neighborhoods and how open they feel! They really did a great job with these different heights!
    I really hope they use these heights again in future worlds. (For example one village neighborhood that is split into two parts without loading: one with some lots in a valley and the other lots high in the mountains! :) )
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    We totally forgot to show off the Inspirational bluff overlook near flirty falls! We'll have to try and get over there next stream.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    We totally forgot to show off the Inspirational bluff overlook near flirty falls! We'll have to try and get over there next stream.

Oh so another moodlet caused by an area? This world is literally the most detailed yet! :love: Love all these moodlets you can get from various areas and the use of the heights to create this big neighborhood without loading screens. :)
    Hope you will also add this stuff to new worlds you're planning!
    a256aFi.gif
    Cynna wrote: »
    esfire wrote: »

Whew. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that. The idle was nice, but the flourish looked downright weird. Though, in the end, that's a really small detail.

I'm not the tomb-raider type and neither are my Sims. However, if I see more about the interaction with the natives and more things that can be done, aside from the tombs, this pack would make a nice destination in a game that has far too few.

For example, what is a cantina venue? I know what it means IRL, but in relation to the game, what is the difference between a cantina and any run-of-the-mill bar? The ability to put market stalls on the lot? I don't know. The way the Guru talks about the lot designation, it seems like it's supposed to be something special and really different from a regular bar.

Do we know for sure that "catina" is a new lot type or just the name of the establishment? We have three already, bar, lounge and nightclub, that are all similar but have one or two different requirements. Cantina could be just a bar that they are calling a cantina. It's like the rentals in GF and SD. They are furnished houses to rent but in GF they are called "cabins" and in SD they are called "villas" but, essentially, they are the same, just different looks and names.
    edited February 2018
    ^^ It is not a new venue type. It is a bar venue that has some specialized behavior due to it's placement in the jungle. So any bar you put down in this world will be a cantina and will have that specialized behavior.
    ^^ It is not a new venue type. It is a bar venue that has some specialized behavior due to it's placement in the jungle. So any bar you put down in this world will be a cantina.

Thanks for the clarification Uncle Ninja. It is as I suspected.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    ^^ It is not a new venue type. It is a bar venue that has some specialized behavior due to it's placement in the jungle. So any bar you put down in this world will be a cantina and will have that specialized behavior.

I didn't watch all of the stream. Were the specialized behaviors mentioned?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Do you mind divulging what that behavior is? That's what I've been trying to find out. Yet, basically, it's a bar.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited February 2018
    Small things like the types of NPCs that come, what they're dressed as, which themed nights occur here, etc. Some straightforward, sensible tweaks.