Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back in the bath

Since this latest update my sims are back to going and sitting in the bath to have a drink Most annoying.
Allergic to Trolls

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Are they just sitting in the tub to drink?
    ~ Or have you told them to drink & then bath,as them drinking while bathing is a thing,they also do that in the spa,example: My sick Sim was covered in a rash so I directed her to drink an orange juice & then have a soothing soak to ease her skin,she will then get her orange juice from the fridge & then go & have her soak,she will drink her drink while she is soaking to fix her illness/skin rashes,she gets out of the bath cured, (if that was not enough,as in she has a fever as well, I would direct my Sim to nap a few times,even if not sleepy they will nap!Because it is a cure for sickness) So they do drink while in the tub if you qued it that way! B)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• ClairkPClairkP Posts: 136 Member
    They get a drink of water from the tap. Carry it to the bathroom, fill the bathtub with water, strip and sit in while drinking their water. I haven't told them to do this. They just do it. Stupid things.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Sometimes I think EA have tried to include too much with the multitasking and in the end have messed it up. I haven't had the bath thing but I quite often have them go to another room and sit down briefly then they clean up the plate they left on the floor in the first room which is what I told them to do in the first place.

The one that irks me the most is they can't sit at a table and eat their meals. Either someone in the house has to hug them or they have to get up and hug someone. Who does that?!
    ~ Do you have any Custom baths/sinks or re-colours? @ClairkP As I have not heard of that glitch, & I mod on a few sites, I would report that to EA Help,at the bottom of this page, the only time my Sims drink in the bath(or spa) is if I direct them too!(have a bath, they will then drink their drink in it,unless I told them to do something in between the drink & bath,like use the loo)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Hi, I've had some Sims do this in a vanilla game too.

iyk5vxk3bpxv.png

As far as I remember, the Sim helped himself to a glass of wine on his own, then I ordered him to take a bath.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2018
    I remember that glitch happening a couple of years back. I remember it cos I was building my middle eastern themed houses and during testing my Sim would always sit in the bath to drink an OJ or water. The only difference is they didn't fill the bathtub with water.
    sawdust wrote: »
    The one that irks me the most is they can't sit at a table and eat their meals. Either someone in the house has to hug them or they have to get up and hug someone. Who does that?!

Mine do that all the time. As soon as I see them stand up, I click on the chair which tells them to sit down again.
    Allergic to Trolls
    ~ Do you have any Custom baths/sinks or re-colours? @ClairkP As I have not heard of that glitch, & I mod on a few sites, I would report that to EA Help,at the bottom of this page, the only time my Sims drink in the bath(or spa) is if I direct them too!(have a bath, they will then drink their drink in it,unless I told them to do something in between the drink & bath,like use the loo)

Yes I do have custom baths, but they do it with the Maxis baths as well. They used to do it about 5 or 6 upgrades ago, then they stopped. Thought 'oh good EA fixed it. But now they're back doing again. So I make them go thirsty.
    Allergic to Trolls
    edited February 2018
    ~ Usually if the Maxis baths are playing up it is because of a Re-colour or the textures of the EA baths have been used on the CC ones, which means the EA one is then broken,with the C&D's update & Patch did you get those CC baths fixed or replaced them? as the Dogs need to bath in them the coding was changed so the EA baths are different now to when they were originally created, & any bath that is a re-colour of the original EA bath will no longer work properly,same with CC ones that use the EA textures,as the original bath is no longer there, it has new coding, & the re-colours or CC ones that rely on the textures, break the EA bath,with the new coding! Then you get glitches or disappearing baths, things like that,it all comes back to you replacing the CC ones or the re-colours, even check anything new you download to make sure they were made after C&D,because even if you only have the base game,your patched to the latest patch which changes things in your game so they work for everyone!( So even if you never have C&D's your game is ready for it!)@ClairkP ;)
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

edited February 2018
    Hi, I've had some Sims do this in a vanilla game too.

iyk5vxk3bpxv.png

As far as I remember, the Sim helped himself to a glass of wine on his own, then I ordered him to take a bath.

~ Did you que your Sim to have a drink & then bath,as I usually do this for my sick Sims, but I have noticed my Vampire grab a Plasma Jane drink out of his inventory while having a bath, (or Spa) as he has a few in his inventory that he made, but he was thirsty, so I let it go! ;)
    ~ I have noticed if they have a drink in their inventory they will pull it out while bathing or in the spa,but my bet is they are thirsty, as thirst is set high in the game & why they keep going & getting water! @Moderator_Gagea
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

@aussiekarima - No I haven't qued any of them to have a drink then a bath. Usually the 'get water' is an auto thing, which a let them do because if you don't they are trying to 'get water' for the rest of day. (This is because their thirst meter is low). However, since the bath thing has started again I have stopped them. So annoying.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I hadn't queued this Sim to make a drink either, I just ordered him to take a bath. @aussiekarima
    ~ They will autonomously get a drink at the bar if it is already made or at the globe bar they will auto pour a drink,& same with water they will auto get it from a tap! You do not have to direct them to do that, it is a tad annoying but most times I let them go! If you let your Sims idle long enough & you have free will on they will go to the bar & make drinks,they will not always drink them,some will some won't, if I tell my Sim to do something & he/she has just been doing their own thing(usually happens in a house full of Sims!LOL) & if they are eating or drinking something that they did themselves it will ether be left on a surface or put in their personal inventory! @Moderator_Gagea
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif