Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Salvadorada map!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Still not overly excited for the pack, but I like how big the world is. It’s a good size for a GP. :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    JaSawa wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    > You can't own a restaurant there but there is nothing stopping you from putting one there. Restuarents should work in this world. They work in Granite Falls.

I know, thanks, I was thinknig about using restaurants or shops as a way to stay permamently in these maps :)

That's smart actually, I will have to try this :D does this work in Granite Falls?

When your sim travels to GF or SD, they are on vacation and their time will be limited. When that time is up, they go home, so you probably can't own anything in GF or SD. Also, you can't come back for a few days. Unless of course they have changed how vacations work and how long they last, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you place a restaurant in granite falls, your sims will occasionally get invited to a meal there by a friend. it'll load up just like any other restaurant and let you wander around the main area between campsites, fish, collect plants and insects and everything else, until you decide to pay your bill, then you're sent home. i haven't actually thought to try to see about going into the deep woods this way yet, but should try it...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    if you place a restaurant in granite falls, your sims will occasionally get invited to a meal there by a friend. it'll load up just like any other restaurant and let you wander around the main area between campsites, fish, collect plants and insects and everything else, until you decide to pay your bill, then you're sent home. i haven't actually thought to try to see about going into the deep woods this way yet, but should try it...

If you change lots, it may assume you're done and pay the bill automatically for you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It’s so cool! I wonder what that island at the bottom is, and how do you get to it?

In the LS, there was a pier with two small boats with outboard motors on them. I'm betting, you click on one and (like in BB) are transported to that island.

I hope so.

I hope there's something really special on that tiny island that makes the trip worthwhile.

That island is going to be the first thing I check out. Hoping the boats have a Travel to With Interaction. The ones on the lighthouse island in Brendleton Bay don't. Only one sim can travel back.

I'm hoping that will get fixed. I've already let @SimGuruArvin and Nick know.
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I have removed a number of comments from this discussion for derailing. If any one affected has any concerns, please send me a PM.

Carry on :smile:

-Mage
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I caught the livestream later. I already knew that I am interested in this concept and the livestream confirmed that. I definitely agree that it looks like an interesting locale. I think there will be a lot of competition among my sims to stay in the jungle house with the pools. It will be great to have another option for vacations with more to do. I'll still send some sims wanting placid family vacations or to fish a lot to Granite Falls but Selvadorada is very exciting.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to get this right when it comes out but I definitely will when I can. I'm not really sure that I'll do a lot with the skeletons because I am more realistic but I know that others like those a lot. I like the idea of having a more surprising destination with new experiences.

I did enjoy WA though it made my computer at the time crash abruptly sometimes. I enjoyed exploring various cultures and I look forward to this.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack! I never played world adventures so this is new for me :)
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    What is that little table in the second picture? I haven't seen it before, so it must be new, but what does it do?

It looks like a diaper changing table?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh man look like Get Together, C&D going to have some serious threat from Jungle Adventure for me. I must say I am pumped for this pack more than any of the others and EA/Maxis is moving a notch with each pack but I am still waiting for lot creation tools and terrain editors that thirst cannot be quenched. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Quote content removed - EA_Mage

Oh, I don't know about that. :) I'm still not sold on SPs and I don't think that they can compare on any level to a pack like, say, Vampires, or Parenthood. They're just not in the same league to me. However, I absolutely am on board with larger budgets for GPs and EPs.

Note: One of these days I may get the quoting thing right on the first try. :/ ::sigh::

This is something that I would say for the people that argue it isn't important, they've probably never had a game that did it.

Yes.

This is something that has bothered me about this game for the longest time. The world maps make no sense and most of it is fiction. I'm pleased to see that the JA team took the criticism about that to heart.

It was mentioned on the live stream that many people were afraid that the world would be mostly set dressing. I was certainly one of them. I looked at that grand vista from the top of the mountain in the teaser trailer and all I could say was: "Pffffft, just like the view from the bluffs in WB or from one of the buildings in CL -- all smoke and mirrors. What a wonderful surprise to find out that, in this case, we can go to the places that we see.

I know that some of us are not as enthusiastic about TS4 as others. We get called Negative Nancys and get no end of shade. However, if it weren't for criticism, there would be no improvement. Just sayin'. I'm glad that the GP team seems to be not only listening, but they are internalizing legitimate criticism and trying to make things better. That is the mark of a team that cares. If the company gets behind them, gives them what they need, TS4 could eventually become something wonderful.

Agreeded :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen