Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you doing anything to prepare for Jungle Adventure?

In preparation for the Pack's release, are you doing anything to prepare? Making new Sims that 'fit' the theme? Getting basic house layouts done in anticipation of decorating them? Or maybe just have a Sim or two that you want to immediately take on an adventure?

I have a few saves that will definitely be diving into the Pack, and one that I'm excited to decorate their home with whatever treasures they find.

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I already have Sims that are already fit and ready for a Jungle Adventure! Sorry ladies, it's a guys-only trip! ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Yes I will make a Lara Croft type of gal. Fearless and strong, to face the jungle. Maybe I will make a smart and nerdy archeologist. Sweet, and she finds out he is sexy too. A great team :smiley:
  • Options
    LudditeBorgLudditeBorg Posts: 45 Member
    I already have a couple of Sims named and modeled after characters from the LOST television show. I am going to make some more and get them ready to adventure!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Try to time my rotation so I'm playing a young adult childless household that's ready for adventure!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've got my adventurer Cali West under development. Born into wealth in Roaring Heights, she was destined to solidify the alliance between two criminal empires...but to avoid the arranged marriage she ran off, dyed her black hair red and moved to San Myshuno to disappear. The family lawyer, who had always considered her a second daughter since his only child died of Great Gas and Giggles Epidemic, was able to sneak 20000 Simoleons out of the trust account; with that she got a cheap but serviceable apartment in the Spice Distric and she set about making her way in the world. She wasn't really allowed to hang out with "average" Sims so she spent a lot of time playing on the computer and was able to make her income working on freelance projects (and a bit of hacking); her clients never knew she was only in her teens. When she wasn't on the computer (especially after she won one of her own at the Hackathon) she was out looking for collectibles to fulfill her Curator aspirations; a bit of luck with the city posters enabled her to complete that set fairly quickly. She then set her mind to complete as many collections as possible. Having heard rumors of trips to a new land coming soon, she started developing both the gardening skill and the herbalism skill in hopes one of the potions might help out, and also Wellness in case she could use the teleport to get out of sticky situations.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Gonna take the bus to work for a few days instead of paying for parking. ;)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm currently working on an adventuring group who are going to have a variety of stereotypical personalities but there will be a Vampire, an Alien, a teen, a young adult, an adult, and an elder. I want to see who survives the temple, hahaha.

This game pack will make for some great challenges! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have created an archeologist/history professor. He lives on Windenberg Island in his family's estate, Fortunata. His father, also an archeologist but retired professor, lives there too. There is a female secretary that handles the business of the family and two archeology students, who live there and help with digs to learn about history and for college credit.

The two professors and the two students will travel to the jungle to explore. They will have a basecamp in the jungle using tents and other camping items like the pee bush, grill and outdoor shower. I want it feel temporary. Families that go on vacation will stay in rental houses.
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > I've got my adventurer Cali West under development. Born into wealth in Roaring Heights, she was destined to solidify the alliance between two criminal empires...but to avoid the arranged marriage she ran off, dyed her black hair red and moved to San Myshuno to disappear. The family lawyer, who had always considered her a second daughter since his only child died of Great Gas and Giggles Epidemic, was able to sneak 20000 Simoleons out of the trust account; with that she got a cheap but serviceable apartment in the Spice Distric and she set about making her way in the world. She wasn't really allowed to hang out with "average" Sims so she spent a lot of time playing on the computer and was able to make her income working on freelance projects (and a bit of hacking); her clients never knew she was only in her teens. When she wasn't on the computer (especially after she won one of her own at the Hackathon) she was out looking for collectibles to fulfill her Curator aspirations; a bit of luck with the city posters enabled her to complete that set fairly quickly. She then set her mind to complete as many collections as possible. Having heard rumors of trips to a new land coming soon, she started developing both the gardening skill and the herbalism skill in hopes one of the potions might help out, and also Wellness in case she could use the teleport to get out of sticky situations.

This story is wonderful I wonder what story will be told when the new GP releases.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I know that one household in my rotation will definitely be a great fit for this pack. There will probably be others as well and I may create some new sims for it.

I have a Latin family where the father is a wealthy fitness celebrity. The mother came from humble parentage but is very proud of her ancestry which includes some indigenous heritage in Central America. This was true about her before the theme of the pack was known. They have four children including a set of adorable triplets who are currently toddlers. I have a feeling that one or all of them will journey to the new destination to explore their ancestry when they are a bit older.

They also have an uncle with two sons who lives in the Arts Quarter penthouse in San Myshuno and who is a wealthy PR agent. I renovated that penthouse so that it is a spacious, two-story loft. His wife is an elegant artist and they live an upscale life. I can see them traveling to the new world for what they might think is a relaxing trip, only to be surprised.

I'll figure out the details closer to when I get the pack, but those households will definitely be going. It will be great to have new options for a different kind of travel. Some of my households will keep going to Granite Falls for camping, but others will opt for the new destination. Some will also probably try to do both. They might start with placid camping and then seek out more of a challenge.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I might try to make a Karen Allen/Marion Ravenwood sim.
    She was quite feisty in Raiders of the Lost Ark. :)

ET8ixAo.png
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    edited February 2018
    currently making a Tarzan sim lol
    I'm you.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In preparation for the Pack's release, are you doing anything to prepare? Making new Sims that 'fit' the theme? Getting basic house layouts done in anticipation of decorating them? Or maybe just have a Sim or two that you want to immediately take on an adventure?

I have a few saves that will definitely be diving into the Pack, and one that I'm excited to decorate their home with whatever treasures they find.

Nothing other then my Simself has reserved a Villa in Salvadora for storymode sakes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm currently working on an adventuring group who are going to have a variety of stereotypical personalities but there will be a Vampire, an Alien, a teen, a young adult, an adult, and an elder. I want to see who survives the temple, hahaha.

This game pack will make for some great challenges! >:)

Better be careful sending you're vampire. The sunlight will kill him or her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Gonna get to crafting lots of potions. My sims has 10 in the herbalism skill and a perfect garden with all plants so I'm set to go.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My sim just had another baby. (Just in case everyone else died, the legacy must continue.)
  • Options
    You wrote: »
    currently making a Tarzan sim lol

YOU mean Tarsim right? :D
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been playing a Sims 1 and 2 save game in Sims 4 and don't want to stop so I'm thinking of having certain ones have some yearly vacation ritual type of thing... especially the men folk. I'm all for stereotypes in my games lol. I'll probably have Olive Specter relearn all the herbalism stuff with some family members (she's a teen in my game). Cornelia Goth could learn herbalism too, with her husband and they could be gung ho for a vacation adventure. Time to play I think...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Inigo Beckett, explorer extraordinaire is back!

He is so ready for exploring some ruins and sampling cultural cuisine. So far he's just upping his herbalism, fitness and handiness skill.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    We can take up to 8 Sims right? Because I already have a plan to send two crews to go there, one all-guys and another all-girls. I believe I already have all 16 in mind for each crew, which I will post here later!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm not creating any new sims yet, for one thing I've already got around 175 at my disposal, I don't think I need anymore & for another, when I do create sims for a new pack, I like to wait until after it's release so I can use the new CAS items on them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    In my rotational safe at the moment I have a really nice group of 6 teens (from different households) that like to hang out in the Bluffs and have a club where they enjoy swimming in hidden pools, hanging out by the fire, and other outdoor related activities.
    I plan to send them on a holiday to Selvadorada as soon as they become YA to celebrate the end of school and have some adventures together before they get jobs and move to different towns.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Nope just looked at it and yep will get it. I just wish that EA would give us a freebie again. We haven't had one since toddlers. They could be really nice this anniversary time and what did we get? A lousy tshirt and hair. Hey ho.