Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the Skeleton is a life state:

2...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 I'm thinking it's not permanent, but with the presence of mystical artifacts, mabe it's possible to somewhat sustain the condition.
    #Team Occult
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180 I'm thinking it's not permanent, but with the presence of mystical artifacts, mabe it's possible to somewhat sustain the condition.

All I want is my Vampire with their army of Skeletons. is that too much to ask? :'(

My Vampire is sick of hiring puny mortals to do his boring chores, sick of it I tell you!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

But what about the service skeletons that clean your house? They must be permanent.

So my theory is that the skeletons in the temple are permanent and you can befriend them and bring them home as service skeletons.

The ones you can play are caused by a temporary curse.
    a256aFi.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member

All I want is my Vampire with their army of Skeletons. is that too much to ask? :'(

My Vampire is sick of hiring puny mortals to do his boring chores, sick of it I tell you!

Not too much to ask at all. I feel your pain. :(

But perhaps the solution will come one day in a magic themed expansion, where spells will grant all of our supernatural wishes and skeleton minions will fill the dilapidated mansions of our Vampire overlords, and we shall have our armies, and RISE UP against the sun dwellers, and CONDEMN THEM TO ETERNAL DARKNESS AND DESPAIR! HAHAHAHA!!!!

*cough*

Where...what...? Oh, sorry. Went to my happy place for a moment. Um, yeah. How 'bout those skeletons?
    #Team Occult
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the normal looking skeletons are cursed sims that will revert back to their normal body. The "jewel" skeletons, IMO, are in the tombs and we can, somehow, bring them home. Maybe an artifact will "gift" you a colorful skeleton.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I hope for some intresting interactions between skeletons and ghosts
    Imagine ghost possesing a skeleton!!!! (Supernatural armor xdd)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    See, over much deliberation this is why I've decided not to get this pack; skeletons freak me the plum out, and reanimated ones are one the things I'm most terrified of.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited February 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    See, over much deliberation this is why I've decided not to get this pack; skeletons freak me the plum out, and reanimated ones are one the things I'm most terrified of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzjKloEmpYk

I've linked it before, but I'll link it again.

as a bonus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWio9FMdGI

As ANOTHER Bonus:

There is a skeleton inside you right now. You are also inside of a skeleton.
    As a kid, I always wondered how skeletons stayed together. In science class, they were wired together, but in reality, they should fall apart. It must be some spooky magic that keeps them together and walking around.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    As a kid, I always wondered how skeletons stayed together. In science class, they were wired together, but in reality, they should fall apart. It must be some spooky magic that keeps them together and walking around.

MAGIC CONFIRMED

*nods sagely*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2018
    But doesn't that take care of

ligaments... in other words magic.

I wonder if this would fall under the topic of Zombies tho... this is the Curse of the Undead, Still hopeful the Curse is Permanent or indefinite until cured. It would be nice to see the Curse spread over El Salvador (<- Autocorrected)
    and maybe between worlds. like if my sim was cursed I could pass it on to others.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    A skeleton life state would be a cool first, but what if the skeleton works like a mannequin?

I don't think it's going to be the same as a mannequin, also this is off topic but I see I have found a fellow j-hope stan here
    So basically, they ARE life states, they're just temporary however. They have all of the qualifications of life states though, unique needs and socials.

Looking forward to a modder that makes them permanent. Maybe you'd have to go to the statue to cure yourself? :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    There was a mention that there are a few different skeletons - but one was a server skeleton if your sims found a certain gold 3 part relic - that your sim can summon to clean your house - so that one appears to be an NPC state - but the others sound like temp states sims can be in. So the answer is both yes and no.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

"Lifestate" generally refers to a sim you can create in CAS, like a sim, vampire or alien. Skeletons are temporary and you can neither create them in CAS nor play as one once the curse has lifted. So, for me, they are a temporary lifestate of a cursed sim and a creature when found in the temple or summoned by an artifact.
    edited February 2018
    "Lifestate" generally refers to a sim you can create in CAS, like a sim, vampire or alien. Skeletons are temporary and you can neither create them in CAS nor play as one once the curse has lifted. So, for me, they are a temporary lifestate of a cursed sim and a creature when found in the temple or summoned by an artifact.

Actually life states were not createable in CAS until Sims 3. You can't count the witch in Sims 1 and 2 - as it was from a regular sim learning spells - so they were just sims who studied magic - but the other lifestates were all Maxis made until Sims 3 when we got the ability to make them in CAS.

So that statement is not really true.

A lifestate is just a non- humanoid sim character.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »

Actually life states were not createable in CAS until Sims 3. You can't count the witch in Sims 1 and 2 - as it was from a regular sim learning spells - so they were just sims who studied magic - but the other lifestates were all Maxis made until Sims 3 when we got the ability to make them in CAS.

To addon, the supernaturals weren't even creatable in CAS until the Supernatural pack for sims 3. Before that, most life states had to be obtained in game. Most supernaturals that came after Supernatural weren't creatable in cas either, AKA Aliens and Mermaids, yet they are life states as well.

As for sims 2, none of the life states were creatable in cas, as @Writin_Reg pointed out.

I was only speaking of S4 because this is the S4 forums. In S4 you can create a human sim, a vampire sim, an alien sim, a cat sim and a dog sim, all of which are lifestates. This is my opinion, as was the first post, so it can not be wrong as it is MY opinion.

If a lifestate is a non-humanoid sim character (in your opinion), what are bots? Are they lifestates despite the fact that they aren't alive?
    edited February 2018

I was only speaking of S4 because this is the S4 forums. In S4 you can create a human sim, a vampire sim, an alien sim, a cat sim and a dog sim, all of which are lifestates. This is my opinion, as was the first post, so it can not be wrong as it is MY opinion.

If a lifestate is a non-humanoid sim character (in your opinion), what are bots? Are they lifestates despite the fact that they aren't alive?

Yes, a simbot is a mechanical life state. Vampires are not alive (technically they are called undead), zombies are not alive - etc - but at the same time they are in the games as characters - just not the ordinary Sims characters. The oddest life state I find is not the robots but the Imaginary friend from Sims 3 - it is a toy that can be brought to life as a Sim - lol. To add to it - as a sim they can be afflicted by other life states. So to me that is the oddest life state. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited February 2018

Except that Life States are not a unique concept to the sims 4.

Cats and Dogs are also not life states. Spectral cats, Unicorns and Alpha Dogs are however.

Let's go to the good old sims Wiki here to find out what a life state is.

"A life state, a creature, or an occult is a kind of Sim or pet with a special appearance and abilities, mostly inspired by legends or science fiction."

Scrolling down, I've noticed that both Plant Sims and Skeletons are included as life states for sims 4.

You cannot create ghosts in sims 4 through cas, yet they are still undeniably life states.

5ba2d9214ed6715cd4c543be6552cadf.png
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member

Except that Life States are not a unique concept to the sims 4.

Cats and Dogs are also not life states. Spectral cats, Unicorns and Alpha Dogs are however.

Let's go to the good old sims Wiki here to find out what a life state is.

"A life state, a creature, or an occult is a kind of Sim or pet with a special appearance and abilities, mostly inspired by legends or science fiction."

Scrolling down, I've noticed that both Plant Sims and Skeletons are included as life states for sims 4.

You cannot create ghosts in sims 4 through cas, yet they are still undeniably life states.

5ba2d9214ed6715cd4c543be6552cadf.png

OH MY GOSH YES!!!!!
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    When I first saw the trailer I had assumed the skeletons were going to be like Bonehilda, or well I had hoped but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    When I first saw the trailer I had assumed the skeletons were going to be like Bonehilda, or well I had hoped but that doesn't seem to be the case.

You can get one to be your maid and dress them in a maids outfit. Other than the coffin she sleeps in, how is it different?
  • Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member

You can get one to be your maid and dress them in a maids outfit. Other than the coffin she sleeps in, how is it different?

You have to take care of the maid sim now. Bonehilda also doubled as an alarm.

You actually cant dress them.