Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the Skeleton is a life state:

What are some unique traits they could have?

Maybe the only needs they have are Social and Fun?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think a more pressing question would be: How are they perceived as they are among the other Sims that are well, not skeletons? Also, what kinds of interesting abilities and skills could they have, if any?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The skeleton probably isn't a lifestate but I would be surprised if they don't make more use of it in supernatrual packs.

IT'S INDIANA BONES
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Skeletons as a life state would be completely crazy! But a skeleton servant for the vampires is great.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The skeleton probably isn't a lifestate but I would be surprised if they don't make more use of it in supernatrual packs.

IT'S INDIANA BONES

I don't know the trailer showed one cleaning a house.
  • Options

IT'S INDIANA BONES

That one's probably the summoned servant one, seeing they are "dressed" the same as the skeletons in the tomb.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

IT'S INDIANA BONES

That one's probably the summoned servant one, seeing they are "dressed" the same as the skeletons in the tomb.

Then why are they creatable and dressable in CAS?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Is it maybe like Bigfoot in the sims 2 and you can befriend one in the new location and have it move in like Bonehilda?
  • Options

IT'S INDIANA BONES

Then why are they creatable and dressable in CAS?

The one that's cleaning in the trailer is jewel-encrusted and turquoise. The skeletons in the CAS shots are blackish. SimgGuruNinja even stated there were various ways to generate a skeleton:
    There's a couple of ways to generate skeletons; including those that service, those you target, or even yourself.

The Cantina is a Bar venue that has special behavior in Selvadorada. But it's a venue, so you can freely modify or change it as you like.

Can't remember the name of the artist/song in the trailer. My audio peeps are away from their desk ATM, but I'll follow up and find out.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The game already has butlers, nannies and maids. What purpose does Broomhilda serve now? Seems like its just another wonky npc that won't function properly like the rest of them.

I don't get where they are going with that.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    fullspiral wrote: »
    The game already has butlers, nannies and maids. What purpose does Broomhilda serve now? Seems like its just another wonky npc that won't function properly like the rest of them.

The appeal for Bonehilda was always that she doesn't have any needs unlike the butler, so she never sleeps, and you don't have to pay her. She also never complains about her job and won't quit, and sleeps in her coffin when you don't need her.
  • Options

The appeal for Bonehilda was always that she doesn't have any needs unlike the butler, so she never sleeps, and you don't have to pay her. She also never complains about her job and won't quit, and sleeps in her coffin when you don't need her.

You had me at 'don't have to pay her'.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

... :frowning: I'll just pretend that you didn't just say that... :rage:

Bonehilda has been a big part of the Sims legacy, just like the Goth Family. Just because she's a NPC doesn't make her any less important! Lots of players miss her and want Bonehilda brought back. Doesn't matter if she's "needed" or not. It's the nostalgia!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2018

Wasn't that the same for SP and Making Magic too?

The thing about Bonehilda was that she was "free" (you just have to buy her coffin) she was restless almost and she interacted with objects the maids etc didn't. Like on SP she was obsessed with Pets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    A skeleton life state would be a cool first, but what if the skeleton works like a mannequin?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    For sure having the skeleton life state would be cool but, I'm guessing that the skeleton cleaning the house is from one of the finds they found while in the jungle temple?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    An interesting need could be 'Joints', if this need bar empties the skeleton falls apart, and will stay fallen apart until another sim comes and repairs them, or dies.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I do hope that they function differently to ghosts. I want little skeleton babies!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    They're probably like normal Sims, but they have certain idle animations that differentiate them from normal Sims (apart from their look :D ) like the movement of a skeleton.

Hopefully they also have no hunger need! Would be weird to have a skeleton eat a sandwhich, it would only fall to the ground.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I do hope that they function differently to ghosts. I want little skeleton babies!

I think they're lacking the proper... bone.

Hah? Get it?

If I get yelled at by a moderator for this post, it was totally worth.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

How about it's just funny and reminds people of Bonehilda, a beloved Sims character?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They're probably like normal Sims, but they have certain idle animations that differentiate them from normal Sims (apart from their look :D ) like the movement of a skeleton.

Hopefully they also have no hunger need! Would be weird to have a skeleton eat a sandwhich, it would only fall to the ground.

I'd love it if they could detach certain parts to wipe them. :D

And it's a good point that they might have fewer needs. No digestive system = no need to eat or poop, I guess.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja burst the bubble here and tweeted that Skeletons are afflictions, not lifestates:

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    @SimGuruNinja burst the bubble here and tweeted that Skeletons are afflictions, not lifestates:

Yes but that could still mean they have different needs, etc. because PlantSims are also only an "affliction" because it's only a moodlet and still they have different needs from normal Sims and special interactions. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

It's possible that they're still life states even if they aren't creatable in Cas.

None of the life states were creatable in cas in sims 2, and most of them weren't creatable in Cas in sims 3 until a patch, and even then only the major ones were. Life states like Mermaids, Aliens etc weren't creatable in cas.

We still don't know if they can be perma skeletons or have unique traits or needs.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Why is the thing that's always the most interesting to me always have to be the thing the Guru's are the most tight lipped on until release :'(

Just a little tease @SimGuruNinja pretty please? :) Can the "affliction" become permanent, or is it like plant sims where it only lasts 5 days or so.