Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    here's ninja's response about black beans and the third harvestable (and just above it verifies there are 3 fish). below it has a few extra blurbs from some other gurus, too.

little edit to add george's bit about the guzmania pollenis, it was one mentioned in the same reply chain as the above linked ninja post:

Thank you :)
    Computer mishap today = I'm way behind!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited February 2018
    you gotta take care of you and your computer (and show it who's boss!) luth. this stuff can wait, and others keep chiming in to help, too.

speaking of, i'm finally getting off my butt and officially linking the tweet about the collections (it's in the same thread i linked stuff to before, but the links don't go straight to the conversation, alas.

following that up with images of the three fish: a more realistic piranha than the ones that came with base game:

32ea3eeea3dad941c5bd084c9bfad500.png

and the other two are an eel (quite likely electric) and another fish that i know i've seen in the amazon section of my local aquarium, but forget the name of...

de635f9aa14c71c2320f8a5a418bb40f.png

EDIT: and now my slow butt sees that you did already link this topic in your originals. but still, pictures!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    here's ninja's response about black beans and the third harvestable (and just above it verifies there are 3 fish). below it has a few extra blurbs from some other gurus, too.

little edit to add george's bit about the guzmania pollenis, it was one mentioned in the same reply chain as the above linked ninja post:

Thank you :)
    Computer mishap today = I'm way behind!

I hope the 3rd is banannas.
  • Options
    the third seems to be some type of berry plant or tree that will likely create seven different types of berries, according to the livestream. several of us took screencaps while they were scrolling through the collections and it claimed there were nine new harvestables, seven of which look like the cherry image.

OGpXJhF.jpg

so, i suppose we'll forever just have plantains and no bananas
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    The 3rd fish (next to the eel) looks like a Plecostmus (aka Suckermouth Catfish). Commonly known as an algae eater. That's what it LOOKS like anyways.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    i think it's a relative. they do look like those, but the ones in the aquarium near me are absolutely gargantuan. then again, catfish do keep growing as long as they can keep getting enough food to. even 'normal' catfish we get here in the states can be absolutely massive monsters, given enough time and food. also should point out that electric eels are massive fish, too

edit: i just googled and sure enough, the common pleco can grow to up to two feet long. so even they could be what we get in the pack. but the species my aquarium has are at least four feet long, and even they are dwarfed by one of the other fish species in the lagoon (we've got an indoor rainforest where you can look down and see the amazon lagoon, with an underwater tunnel beneath it so people can look up and see the fish and the rainforest above. it's quite a sight)

and, here's a picture of a fully grown pleco:
    79541e874fd535c8053f54c0aeb03b28.jpg
  • Options
    Hope all these fishes are small enough to put in the aquariums.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    These questions were also answered...
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, since my work is slow, I'm going to throw out some more questions.
    I think that's all I've got for now. :)

How many mood buff environment areas are there?
    A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?
    Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?
    Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?
    For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

Can children be cursed? (I doubt it, but just wondering)
    No.

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)
    You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]
    #Team Occult
  • Options

A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?
    Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?
    Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?
    For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

No.

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)
    You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]

Bugs that set fire?
  • Options

No.

Bugs that set fire?

That's what he said. :o
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

No.

Bugs that set fire?

That's what he said. :o

Would that be a LIGHTNING bug?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I think the lightning bugs shock you so it must be a different kind of bug that could set you on fire.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    couldn't possibly be a FIREfly. nope. not at all
  • Options
    Maybe fire ants?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Bugs that set fire?

Think he was referring to this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16325345#Comment_16325345

@kalaksed is it a relative to the armored catfish?

ArmoredCatfish.jpg
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    @paradiseplanet they appear to be one and the same. according to wiki, many types of armored catfish are called plecos, based on the first type imported from south america for hobbyist aquariums. not all plecos are armored catfish, though, and not all armored catfish are plecos. just to keep things confusing
  • Options

No.

Awesome! Also possible firebugs :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Also this!
    There's actually 2 new greetings. The first is an auto-greeting that triggers when Sims with Selvadoradian culture are saying hello to each other before carrying on with their interactions. The 2nd is a new introduction type you'll learn from the Selvadoradians.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16328989/#Comment_16328989
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I saw some of the 3rd Indiana Jones movie the other afternoon, and I just about squealed when I saw that he had a table with a fixed magnifying glass on it, just like the authentication table that's coming in Jungle Adventure. I wonder if that's where they got the idea?
  • Options
    i know they're not added in as a new collectible, but i'm really happy about the new butterflies
    082f0b77f6e0998f9aa538956102f231.png

...also, does anyone else want their sims to run around and try to catch these? anyone? no, just me? ok then
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @kalaksed wrote: »
    i know they're not added in as a new collectible, but i'm really happy about the new butterflies
    082f0b77f6e0998f9aa538956102f231.png

...also, does anyone else want their sims to run around and try to catch these? anyone? no, just me? ok then

We do have Butterflies in OR if that helps, but yeah its a shame we can't get new colors/breeds
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I really miss the butterfly catching from Sims 3. I really wish there was a way to add the bug spawners to parks and such outside of GF but unfortunately I don't believe there is :-(
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I really miss the butterfly catching from Sims 3. I really wish there was a way to add the bug spawners to parks and such outside of GF but unfortunately I don't believe there is :-(

They should really patch bug catching into base game, just like photography from GTW. Or at least reuse the bug catching system with new insects in other packs like they do with the PooHoo Bush from GT. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

They should really patch bug catching into base game, just like photography from GTW. Or at least reuse the bug catching system with new insects in other packs like they do with the PooHoo Bush from GT. :)

I agree with the idea, but I also want to say that I love the name "PooHoo Bush" - I've never heard it before the Livestream :grin:
  • Options
    there are a few mods out there that let you place different versions of the insects in other worlds. one mod just unlocks the spawners and keeps them spawning and random (and lets your sims catch them, just like in gf) while the other mod just unlocks the animations and lets you place specific insect animations where you want. both are nice and i have used both in the past for various appearance things (butterflies of various colors in the flower garden in a park, katydids crawling under a shrub in a residential lot and more)

and, while i would love to see more insects added to the collection, i doubt it'll ever happen, specifically because it was created for a game pack (or expansion or stuff. mostly just not in the base game). maybe they'd start up like they had in 3 and do butterfly collection, beetle collection and more later on (just might have to remember to flag the beetles as cookable with outdoor retreat). we'll have to see, but as a formerly aspiring entomologist, can never have enough new types of insects around!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top