Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    @SimGuruNinja did maids skeletons are permanent?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited February 2018
    Traits/Skills and Similar Sims Things

Aspirations

They are:
    • Archaeology Scholar
    • Jungle Explorer

I guess
    Knowledge > Archeolohy Scholar
    Nature > Jungle Explorer

Or maybe Jungle Explorer can be the 2nd aspiration under Location (first if have not City Living)
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    So..... No sim traits? Only lot traits..? Ughhh
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SimGuruNinja did maids skeletons are permanent?

They mentioned in the stream that that gold artifacts never break, so if you have a gold summoning artifact, you can call the maid anytime. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja did maids skeletons are permanent?

They mentioned in the stream that that gold artifacts never break, so if you have a gold summoning artifact, you can call the maid anytime. :)

Okay.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think all curses and blessings are temporary but can be reused.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think all curses and blessings are temporary but can be reused.

The artifacts that aren't gold can break when used, in which case they can't be reused and you'll have to find another one to replace it. The golden ones can't break, so they can be reused indefinitely. That's how I understood it from the livestream.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @SimGuruNinja You mentioned a way for a Sim who becomes a skeleton to get back to normal again, if so can you use the method on your skeleton maid? Could it become a normal Sim again?
    Simburian wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja You mentioned a way for a Sim who becomes a skeleton to get back to normal again, if so can you use the method on your skeleton maid? Could it become a normal Sim again?

I would think that only a sim who has been turned into a skeleton can return to a sim state. In game skeletons probably "forgot" who they were.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that's how it worked with bonehilda in the past ('forgetting' who they were before becoming bonehilda to do some tidying up)

as for sims turning back early, i'm pretty sure that involves going back to selvadorada and interacting with the statue in front of the cantina there. they did mention she'd be good against curses and such
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Hope no one minds me asking here lol, but the museum and cantina, can they be turned into residential lots or no?
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
    kalaksed wrote: »
    that's how it worked with bonehilda in the past ('forgetting' who they were before becoming bonehilda to do some tidying up)

as for sims turning back early, i'm pretty sure that involves going back to selvadorada and interacting with the statue in front of the cantina there. they did mention she'd be good against curses and such

Maybe, if you're cursed to be a skeleton, you can ask the statue to help you out, They implied it might have some power or other.
    edited February 2018
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Hope no one minds me asking here lol, but the museum and cantina, can they be turned into residential lots or no?

You can't have residential lots in SD or GF. They are locked out. You can change them to rentals.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

From the sounds of it they're just regular lots (though the bar has different actions when placed in this world) so you should be able to either change them to keep there outward appearance or bulldoze them and build/place whatever you want on the lots.
    ~ ~ ~
    Thanks guys. I wanted to see if I could have a Sim live there for a new legacy challenge, so I might have to get creative with this lol.
    Thanks guys. I wanted to see if I could have a Sim live there for a new legacy challenge, so I might have to get creative with this lol.

I misunderstood what you meant sorry. I thought you were talking about putting in different rental/public lots (I breezed right over the residential part of the equation my bad) Yeah I don't think you'll be able to put residential lots there. If it's anything like Outdoor Retreat you'll probably only be able to get there by renting or some other means of paying to be there (I didn't watch the LS so I don't know if they mentioned if you have to rent to visit or not) so you can't just live there like you can in other worlds. It would be cool if you could though.
    ~ ~ ~

You can't own a lot in a vacation world. But in GF I have a cabin I built specifically for one household I play. I "pretend" they own it and the rental fee is the cost to travel to their "vacation" house in GF. If I play another household and take them on vacation, I pick a different lot to rent leaving my other sms house alone.
    there is a way to get to granite falls without going on vacation. i'm sure that'll work for selvadorada, too. but it's a bit iffy, since it requires waiting on unplayed sims to call you. it also kind of breaks things a bit...

i put a restaurant that fit the gf theme into gf and, while can't visit it normally unless in gf camping, sometimes an unplayed sim will invite you to it when they do the random restaurant call. you can then go there, eat and everything like in any other world, and afterwards, can wander around the campground area, pick plants, catch fish and insects, visit the ranger station, view the statue and such. it even lets you visit the other cabins (some of which will be filled with temporary campers). however, when you visit, you'll get the loading screen and everything to the new lot, but won't be able to knock on the door since it's not actually residential and you're not really supposed to be there since you're not camping

...i'm now seriously considering replacing one of the three lots near the gate to the jungle with a south and central american restaurant specifically to be able to occasionally explore the jungles without vacationing if get invited to it occasionally. (i've also been wanting to do a real mexican restaurant to use all the mexican and mexican-inspired foods, but don't have room for another restaurant. the new foods will fit well, i think. just gotta ponder if want to do it there or not...)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

You can't own a lot in a vacation world. But in GF I have a cabin I built specifically for one household I play. I "pretend" they own it and the rental fee is the cost to travel to their "vacation" house in GF. If I play another household and take them on vacation, I pick a different lot to rent leaving my other sms house alone.

I don't have Outdoor Retreat so I've never played in GF, but would there be any risks to having my Sims "live" there; as in, just have them own a lot and just constantly rent out the same place like they live there? Especially if I have children/toddlers, I know they can't go to school this way, could they be taken away if so?
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I'm not sure how to share tweets, but in a reply Ninja listed Black Beans as a harvestable. And there's is a third that is "awesome" that they will reveal in the next livestream.
    edited February 2018
    @PolluxSims

You would never be able to leave the world to visit other worlds for starters. Every time you did it would require you to end the vacation and then to go back you would have to spend more money to do so. If it's like OR you can extended their time there without leaving the area at least. So if you wanted them to have things to do you would have to use the limited lot space to create stuff for them granted a lot of stuff can just be done at home so you don't need specific lots for it but it is something to keep in mind. Eventually if they skip school enough the kid's grades would go down to F and they can be taken away at that point (teens won't get taken away regardless of their grade level). There is a way to raise their grades via cheats and if you use MCCommand Center you can use the mod to remove them from school. I'm not sure you can get pregnant/give birth there. So you might have to return to the main world to do that and then they've said you can't bring babies there so you'll either have to age them up right away or stay in the regular world until they age up to toddlers. Your bills might be astronomically high. I remember there were issues with bills with Granite Falls I don't remember what the issue was or if they fixed it. These are all I can come up with at the moment I'm sure there is probably other stuff I'm not thinking of lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    JRBear wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to share tweets, but in a reply Ninja listed Black Beans as a harvestable. And there's is a third that is "awesome" that they will reveal in the next livestream.

@JRBear Just post the link to the exact tweet and the forum should populate it properly :smile:
    edited February 2018
    here's ninja's response about black beans and the third harvestable (and just above it verifies there are 3 fish). below it has a few extra blurbs from some other gurus, too.

little edit to add george's bit about the guzmania pollenis, it was one mentioned in the same reply chain as the above linked ninja post:
    @3KNPen thanks for all your help, I appreciate it! I'll definitely check out using cheats to fix their grades. I basically wanted to start a Legacy where the founder "lives" there in the jungle (for "research" or whatever my storyline is lol), and then have the second gen live there, and then have the other generations live in other worlds. So I'd probably just have the other gens start as toddlers or something, to avoid having to leave to give birth.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So much new info! I went the movie's last night so only watched a little bit of the stream, so I'm really excited reading all this. As always, @luthienrising : thank you for making these threads!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top