Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion: Empty clones of neighborhoods as a low effort solution to the lack of lots

I've had an idea for a while that could reduce the need for larger neighborhoods and more lots with little effort. How about a way for players to create empty copies of each neighborhood, similar to what The Sims 1 did with its neighborhoods? I feel it would be a good low effort solution or workaround to the lack of lots.

The cloned worlds could be sub-worlds of their masters that appear when (for example) you right click on a neighborhood. It could look something like this:

img}
1Q6xf0t.jpg

Comments

• storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Ooooooo, I love this idea!!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • VickiVampiressVickiVampiress Posts: 211 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    Ooooooo, I love this idea!!

Thanks! It's been something I wanted ever since I ran out of space the first time. I have a preference for certain lots and neighborhoods in certain worlds that I move my sims into 90% of the time, so I'd love to be able to just create copies of worlds to be able to use them more than once in the same game!
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This is actually a really good idea, I have a hunch though that there's a reason why they aren't doing it, which to me will be performance based.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    This is actually a really good idea, I have a hunch though that there's a reason why they aren't doing it, which to me will be performance based.

I do feel it generally shouldn't matter because we do get a new world with every expansion pack. It's not like they're all active at once, so I think it should be fine!
    1Q6xf0t.jpg
    Casually bumping to give this more attention as I feel it's a legitimate solution or workaround.
    1Q6xf0t.jpg