Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not sure yet. I want to see and learn more about it before I make my decision; so far, it hasn’t really caught my interest at all.

Um - did you watch todays' live play? How could you not learned more watching that? It is utterly fabulous GP.

To be fair I was already sold - but believe me it went far beyond my expectations - and there is yet another live play next week as well. It is hard to believe this is just a gp.

Because I’ve been rather busy with real life lately, I actually haven’t had the time to watch live plays or look more into it. I was commenting based off of what I currently know and what limited things I’ve seen; I don’t know everything about the pack yet and all about what’s been released, which is why I said what I did.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not sure yet. I want to see and learn more about it before I make my decision; so far, it hasn’t really caught my interest at all.

Um - did you watch todays' live play? How could you not learned more watching that? It is utterly fabulous GP.

To be fair I was already sold - but believe me it went far beyond my expectations - and there is yet another live play next week as well. It is hard to believe this is just a gp.

Because I’ve been rather busy with real life lately, I actually haven’t had the time to watch live plays or look more into it. I was commenting based off of what I currently know and what limited things I’ve seen; I don’t know everything about the pack yet and all about what’s been released, which is why I said what I did.

I. Agree totally.
    From what I have seen or haven't yet seen I can't decide yet if this is even fun or worth even getting yet.

The world does look lovely and I do love the look of the content in build/buy.

Will wait and see if I like anything much. Not seeing that from that one trailer.

Like get together was with its very first trailer. This one feels much the same to me underwhelming.
    However when get together showed me more in the launch trailer and more reviews and blogs ect ect I feel differently.

Will wait for the launch trailers and reviews with this one.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited February 2018
    Maybe
    You wrote: »
    It looks absolutely amazing!!! I like how diverse it is and it opens a world for more storytelling possibilities. I'm getting Sims 3 WA vibes.

let's hope I'm not broke by the 27th though lol!

Off topic.
    I love the picks with you sims in the car :)

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Yes
    I loved WA, and this looks to be similar to it. Can't wait.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2018
    Hi all,

I pulled out a few posts from this thread as it was derailing the thread.

If those impacted have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM me.

Thanks and carry on,
    -Mage
    Maybe
    Does anybody know if its getting a big world? Or one like outdoor retreate?
    Please
    Thanks.

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Please
    Thanks.

To me, it looks bigger than any GP world so far and very beautiful. See for yourself by watching the LS at Sims VIP.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Please
    Thanks.

The world is much larger than OR. You should watch the livestream replay.

Here's a thread with a pic of the map.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935119/salvadorada-map/p1
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes
    yes

WA was one of my favorite packs and this GP seems similar. I like for certain sims to explore, collect, and i love that there's skeletons in this. Glad there's some sort of magic when you construct items found. Need that for my wannabe witches. I love the dancing, shower in a bottle, CAS, and build/buy. Can't wait to see more next week.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    No
    Absolutely not.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Yes
    I was a maybe. But the live stream really exceeded my expectations on it. I started underwhelmed, but now I'm excited. Can't wait to make a Nathan Drake and Elena.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    No
    No, it looks like something that might be fun the first few times, but would be short on replay-ability.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    I like that a sim's skill level seems to make a difference. The Sims I'll be adventuring with has all skills maxed so I'll take her first then try with one of my lesser skilled sims to see how it's different.

Remember there are two new skills -- Archaeology and Culture -- that will probably be needed; the Archaeology skill might help you get through some of the tombs (and of course to identify fake relics), and I wonder if culture skill might help solve some puzzles.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Maybe
    I always wait for actual gameplay footage In let's plays (Not the guru livestreams) to see if it is any good. I then decide if it is worth full price or wait for it to go on sale.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I will probably wait this time until it goes on sale due to high credit card bills and medical expenses.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    Most definitely! WA was also one of my favorites, so much so I continued to send sims to all 3 adventure spots, again and again. Some of those tombs, once I got through them, I definitely did not want to do that again, lol.

I was excited about the title, but the Live Stream put me over the top! PEPS for this GP!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Most definitely! WA was also one of my favorites, so much so I continued to send sims to all 3 adventure spots, again and again. Some of those tombs, once I got through them, I definitely did not want to do that again, lol.

I was excited about the title, but the Live Stream put me over the top! PEPS for this GP!

Hey Bshag is back! Glad to see you my friend.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Yes. I had planned on purchasing it before the Live Stream but now I'm actually a little excited about it. The world is beautiful and so are the build/buy items. The skeletons look fun and so do the poisonous creepy crawlies (danger please)! I've already got a couple sims in mind to go on an adventure. The worst part is the wait.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Yes
    I'm reading information about it and this pack looks very promising!
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! The world looks stunning, the salsa dancing is beautiful, and I can’t wait to send my sims there for vacations and adventures. I was pretty much sold by the trailer, but then I watched the first livestream and fell in love with everything I saw. It looks to be a pack full of depth and excitement, and I’m always eager to see more cultural diversity introduced into the game. Oh, and I never realized how badly I wanted an avocado tree in the game until I saw the livestream. As a guacamole lover, I’m super hyped about it! :lol:
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yes
    I'll probably buy it. Don't know when. :smile:
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I didn't even know I was waiting for something like this until I saw the announcement, and now I really, really want it! Seems a lot more fleshed out than Outdoor Retreat.

Someone else is good to go too...

laracroftjlktw.jpg
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Yes
    Yes I’m looking forward to playing it after I fix my pc! I loved the live stream
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes
    Totally waiting impatiently for this one.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Yes
    I am buying it as soon as I can afford it. It looks fun! I like that there might be some other ways for Sims to be challenged.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yeah, I want salsa music.