Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    It looks boring.The exploring in a small world will get boring fast doing the same thing.Just an excuse to not do seasons!

It looks boring to you. To me it might be the one pack that makes me want to play Sims 4 again.

@sawdust I was thinking the same thing. Sims 4 just can't hold my attention for very long, but with a game pack like this... I might even buy it at full price. Which hasn't happened with any of TS4 games so far. It reminds me of TS2 castaway a bit, probably the design of the jungle.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited February 2018
    I wish I could buy it now before my money is all gone to responsibility stuff :( .

Don't you transfer money to you're EA wallet on Origin? That's what I do. I do it thru the EA Cash Cards which have a code. You enter the code and it goes to you're EA Wallet. You can use that to buy packs. I currently have $55 in my EA Wallet. I purchased 2 $25 Cash Cards. I had a little cash in there before I added. I always try to keep enough in there for future packs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, since my work is slow, I'm going to throw out some more questions.
    I think that's all I've got for now. :)

How many mood buff environment areas are there?
    A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?
    Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?
    Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?
    For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

Can children be cursed? (I doubt it, but just wondering)
    No.

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)
    You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]

really no instant death what a shame I really wanted some sudden death @SimGuruNinja
    it doesn't seem as dangerous if you always have lots of time :/

Remember though, we still haven't seen the traps in the temple. Death may not be instant, but if you keep risking your Sim through trials and dangers, the chances probably increase with each obstacle. Plus, it might also depend on a Sim's needs. After journeying through the jungle, getting stung by bees and bitten by spiders and who knows what else, then we have to get through all of the trials of the temple. In the trailer there were fire traps and electricity and poisoned darts, so the risks are probably going to be higher. It would also make sense to put the big dangers further away from the general travel areas and civilization, for those who just want the vacation and cultural aspect. We'll know more after the next livestream. :)
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2018

A few unique buffs with ~7 or so total places in the world to trigger various buffs.

If a Sim were to set off into the jungle without any supplies, what's the average chance of survival?
    Pretty good. There's no instant death, so things can be prevented if you're careful & paying attention.
    But if you're not reacting to the bad things that happen... I think you'll likely die within a few days.

If a Vampire turns into a skeleton and then dies, is the ghost form still cursed to look like a skeleton?
    Ghosts can be blessed with skeleton-ism (they look really cool too), but if a skeleton dies, they'll be human (or vamp) as a ghost.

Do Vampires retain their powers and unique needs when they are turned into skeletons?
    For the most part, yes. Some changes regarding motives, biting, etc. But by and large vamp powers should still work as a skelly. (In fact, I posted a pic where you can just barely see a vamp skelly burning in the sun)

No.

Can children die in the jungle from any of the new dangers? (Sorry if this is morbid)
    You're SICK! And I believe so (beware of bugs that set fires). [Not 100% sure on this one though. I'll have to check it out when I have a moment]

really no instant death what a shame I really wanted some sudden death @SimGuruNinja

Remember though, we still haven't seen the traps in the temple. Death may not be instant, but if you keep risking your Sim through trials and dangers, the chances probably increase with each obstacle. Plus, it might also depend on a Sim's needs. After journeying through the jungle, getting stung by bees and bitten by spiders and who knows what else, then we have to get through all of the trials of the temple. In the trailer there were fire traps and electricity and poisoned darts, so the risks are probably going to be higher. It would also make sense to put the big dangers further away from the general travel areas and civilization, for those who just want the vacation and cultural aspect. We'll know more after the next livestream. :)

your right I really enjoyed the last livestream it was funny @LiELF :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please

No.

your right I really enjoyed the last livestream it was funny @LiELF :)

There's always a lot of good humor on the livestreams. It makes them fun to watch. :)
    #Team Occult
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Sooo, there are no new jobs, traits, skills or places to actually vacation in? uhm, ok...
    This pack looks like a whole lota nothing to me, would maybe keep me busy for an hour or 2 and then be like Spa Day.
    I want to know is this just 1 lot (being a temple you cannot edit)?
    Does anyone know if we are getting another world with this or will we just have to make room?

Sorry but you need to do some research because whoever told you any of this LIED. Lmao. :p:D

There is places to Vacation in (it's a Vacation GP) and the world is bigger than what we got with Outdoor Retreat, both lot wise and exploration wise.
    We have 2 new skills, new Lot Traits and while there is Rabbit Hole or Active Career, Sims can make a decent living just finding relics and selling them, which you can with the Sellers table that comes with the GP at the local Village market.

Also, there is HEAPS of new content. It's basically the biggest GP we've got to date, and it's almost rivaling Get Together in size.

The Livestream linked above is super informative without giving much away! :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited February 2018
    @SimGuruNinja I am wondering about the 8 bedroom villa that you said was perfect for those studying archaeology. Do we rent the whole villa? Or just a bedroom in it? It would seem that it would be pretty pricey to rent the whole 8 bedroom villa for one sim to stay at.
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    Looking forward to this. When can we pre-order in the UK? or do we just have to wait for the release date?
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Looking forward to this. When can we pre-order in the UK? or do we just have to wait for the release date?

No preorder for GPs (unless you use other vendors than origin, like Amazon or cdkeys - if they make it available to purchase early)
  • GlitterbuGlitterbu Posts: 58 Member
    It looks really good, and it'll no doubt be one of my favourite packs - I know that I'm just going to wish it was bigger and had more worlds like World Adventures, but you can't have everything
    s7fTQtj.jpg
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I'm so excited! The skeletons look awesome and I can't wait to explore it.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm still wondering if we do in fact, in GT, have a similar kiss on cheek greet or not because that was on GT trailer too.

There is a similar kiss on the cheek in GT but its one kiss to each cheek. This one is slighter different just one cheek.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yeah, it looks cute, but I'm not paying the price I would for an expansion pack on a game pack. Sorry, I'm just not. Maybe someday, if it comes down to a reasonable price I'll pick it up.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

Just as a heads up I have removed several comments from this thread. Let's keep this on topic please - Jungle Adventure.

Thanks and carry on :)

-Mage
  • The skeleton is life !! . I want one for my sim family ( thinking of different possibilities for a skeleton/vampire dominating the sim worlds :D )
  • SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    I def can't wait for modders to make Ancient Omiscan inspired clothing or something :D
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I actually just looked up the live stream myself and Yikes.. I take back any negative thing I might have said & thought about this upcoming pack.
    Last time I listen to my buddie about his sim knowledge instead of researching myself. Glad I didn't get shunned and yelled at on here for being totally wrong lol. JA almost looks like an EP with the new world. Very cool.
    Sorry for being such an unnecessary stick in the mud.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I actually just looked up the live stream myself and Yikes.. I take back any negative thing I might have said & thought about this upcoming pack.
    Last time I listen to my buddie about his sim knowledge instead of researching myself. Glad I didn't get shunned and yelled at on here for being totally wrong lol. JA almost looks like an EP with the new world. Very cool.
    Sorry for being such an unnecessary stick in the mud.

Happy to see that you realize how huge & amazing is this GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    if it's a new town that we can also build on and live in too... then i'll LOVE it and BUY it and probably can hardly wait too !! But if it's just a place to visit.... what can I say... I love building moreso then visiting... otherwise... !!YAY!! Sounds exciting!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simladine wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja Is there possibly a way to get the locals added to your playable sim family?

*thinks of endless possibilities with families* *_*

I think you could probably become friends with a Selvadoran local and then ask him or her to move in. And if you don't want the local to actually be a member of your Sim's family, you could then move the local into a house in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. I'm pretty sure you can do that with the Sims in Granite Falls and Selvadora should work the same way. But I'm not a SimGuru, so you might ask the question on Twitch on Friday when they do the next livestream.

• Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Simladine wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja Is there possibly a way to get the locals added to your playable sim family?

*thinks of endless possibilities with families* *_*

I think you could probably become friends with a Selvadoran local and then ask him or her to move in. And if you don't want the local to actually be a member of your Sim's family, you could then move the local into a house in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. I'm pretty sure you can do that with the Sims in Granite Falls and Selvadora should work the same way. But I'm not a SimGuru, so you might ask the question on Twitch on Friday when they do the next livestream.

If all else fails, I hope it won't be too hard to make a Sim look like a Selvadoradian in CAS.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    So I noticed in the stream no one is out and about really. There are no other Sims exploring just yours. The snakes and stuff are scripted and placed specifically. You will notice that in the stream too that they appear in certain spots. The snakes would slither from one end to the next disappearing at the end and coming back and moving across again. Such as when they were digging up the relic and identifying it. It felt too scripted and boring to see things do that, its too predictable for the animals and their dangers can be easier to avoid now.

Also another complaint is that the pathing is a teleport just like City Living elevators. With maybe sometimes a pop up text giving you a choice and nothing can be seen. So escaping that 'quicksand' your Sim got caught in that livestream wasn't all that impressive and made the game pack look more boring and pointless. When you teleport and keep going up the path you realize that the temples are on a linear path and the digging spots are too easy to spot and are placed along the paths making it less fun to go out scavenging for them. You can just walk forward and there they are. Boring.

The skeleton is just a temporary curse and your Sim is still a Sim. Sims may 'freak out' at first but that's it. They still eat, sleep, use the toilet, etc. just like Aliens, Vampires, Plant Sims, etc. they're not unique in any way. Plus when your Sim is cursed we saw them just spin around and change outfits to the skeleton making it less immersive and believable that it was a curse and not just another terrible costume like the raccoon or bear. Funny how the bear NPC was 'too hard' to do for OR. Yet snakes, spiders, bees, cats, dogs, raccoons, foxes, etc. are not. o:)

The dance animation that was shown at the 'cantina' AKA bar looked unfinished like its a mod some custom animation made by some youtuber or something. It was very bad looking, hopefully it was just unfinished and will be fixed upon release otherwise why even bother with new dances?

The game pack looks not so punishing as they made it out to be with Twitter and the trailer. Things look too tame and simplistic. Just like Sims 4 base game. Hopefully modders will take advantage of the pack and make it more deadly for Sims and also more enjoyable. Modders are there to fix what developers won't (just ask Bethesda Game Studios).

The only positives is the new CAS content, foods for Dine Out, and new radio stations. So far.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    The skeleton is just a temporary curse and your Sim is still a Sim. Sims may 'freak out' at first but that's it. They still eat, sleep, use the toilet, etc. just like Aliens, Vampires, Plant Sims, etc. they're not unique in any way. Plus when your Sim is cursed we saw them just spin around and change outfits to the skeleton making it less immersive and believable that it was a curse and not just another terrible costume like the raccoon or bear. Funny how the bear NPC was 'too hard' to do for OR. Yet snakes, spiders, bees, cats, dogs, raccoons, foxes, etc. are not. o:)

I get your complain, but keep in mind that OR was the first game pack ever. It's not that suprising to me that the quality is better over time. Also, a bear is a little more complex even to draw than snakes or spiders. Also, coparison to pets seems especially out of place, since they spent a lot more time on them, than they probably have for the whole game pack.
    Guys, do you think we'll get another trailer? I'm hoping another one comes out today. I want to see more!

I've been working on my adventure group in the meantime and I'm trying to decide if I want to bring along a toddler or child to add to the challenge. At first I made a toddler, but then I thought that if children could be at risk to the dangers of the jungle as well, that might raise the difficulty of the survival rate. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Aren't we having a livestream today?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top