Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Thread about Desktop Shopping

I previously made a similar thread last year, but for whatever reason I didn't go through with my plan to invest in a new computer. I'm ready now w/ $1100 dollars in my pocket. I'm willing to spend a little more, but not greater than $1200 as I need to upgrade my monitor as well, so if you have any suggestions for a monitor, too— $100 or so —I'd like to hear them. This computer will strictly be for Sims 4, and I'd like to play it to completion with high settings, if that's possible within my budget. :) Thank you in advance!

I also live in the US.
tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
Hey, Nana..

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Custom desktop is the best way go. Speak to @chesterbigbird

As far as monitors you can get good deals on Amazon for around $100 . You would probably have to buy speakers separately if you don't have those
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Custom desktop is the best way go. Speak to @chesterbigbird

As far as monitors you can get good deals on Amazon for around $100 . You would probably have to buy speakers separately if you don't have those

You don't have to build custom desktops yourself, do you? I don't know much of anything about computers on a detailed level.

As long as the computer has a headphone jack, I don't use external speakers. Thank you for the Amazon tip; I didn't think to look there. :)
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    No on the custom. Chester is a build expert. She can help you pick out hardware, save the configuration for the computer and the custom company will actually build the computer , This is why I paged her. She will be on the forum later.
  • PoohaPooha Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi guys! I’m new, not sure if I’m posting on the right feed. I just bought a new desktop, hopefully I didn’t goof-up. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Acer Aspire GX Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-7700/3TB HDD/128GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1060/Win 10) -Eng
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited February 2018
    Pooha wrote: »
    Hi guys! I’m new, not sure if I’m posting on the right feed. I just bought a new desktop, hopefully I didn’t goof-up. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Acer Aspire GX Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-7700/3TB HDD/128GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GTX 1060/Win 10) -Eng
    It will play the game nicely at high settings, However you need to install the game on your 3tb Hdd and not the SSD as it's only very small.
    Also bare in mind those towers lack proper ventilation and cooling so watch for overheating particularly if your ambient temp is high and if the inside is dusty (which it will get dusty)

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide